Ultra-Stinger 75-80,000 CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra-Stinger 75-80,000 CP

Anyone have one? How do you compare it with other torches?
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Good question... have you checked out Black Bears flashlight thread? around page 3 there's a beam shot comparison between a Magcharger & an Ultra Stinger

Are you a technically minded individual Mr. Security? if you're interested there's details on how to construct mega-powerful Maglites (amongst others) over at CPF along with component/parts sources, helpful forum members & nuts'n'bolts construction project guides

Personally I'm currently sourcing components to build such a Maglite as to facilitate the usage of local G4 20w 12v globes, as I didn't want to have to import from the US the 6~9.6v units many of these Mega-Maglites use...
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks for the reminder about Black Bear. In a perfect world, I would choose his, but at a $100.00 more and limited service locations, I'm leaning toward the Ultra-Stinger.

Technical? Not really, I'm more mechanically inclined - probably wouldn't work for me.

Comment

Ok - Ultra-Stinger it is with a Streamlight TL3 as back up. Things are looking brighter already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
          Ok - Ultra-Stinger it is with a Streamlight TL3 as back up. Things are looking brighter already.
          LOL nice word play...

Perhaps technical was the wrong word to use... basically you collect pre-made (by hobbyists/speciality lathe operators) componenents, aluminium reflector, glass lens, multi AA battery caddy & bi-pin globe holder... then simply install them into a Maglite host shell

Not familiar with the Stinger prices there, but one of these beasties is cheaper than purchasing a retail Streamlight Stinger here by far
          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
            LOL nice word play...
            Thanks! Another plus for the Stinger flashlights is their "No Excuses" warranty. They repair/replace the light for life, even if I break it.

Comment

Turning night into day.

Tonight is the 1st time I've been able to use my Stinger. I took it to the darkest area on the sight where there is zero lighting and started "playing."

All I can say is unbelievable. I felt like I had a spotlight in my hand with just a fraction of the size and weight.

Bottom line: If you buy one, you'll want to toss all your other flashlights.

Comment

I'm glad you like it... 300 Lumen output is significant & certainly one of the highest (if not THE highest) outputs from a production run flashlight

Dare I pry how many copper's it stung your wallet?

Comment

I heard he had to sell a Kidney ..................... but reality is we pay a hell of alot more for gear here than in the USA - bigger market and less costs plus finally our aussie dollar is creaping up - 93 cents USA today. I know in 1988 when I was in the USA it was 89 cents US and I spent merrily not realising how much I was saving from back home on shoes, 501's and baseball stuff.
                  "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

It would be nice to have the brightness of an ultra-stinger, but I really don't want to be lugging that thing around on my belt. Right now I have a polystinger because of it's size and recharging capabilities. I'm thinking of getting a rechargeable iNova though.
                    If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Comment

I'm glad you like it... 300 Lumen output is significant & certainly one of the highest (if not THE highest) outputs from a production run flashlight

Dare I pry how many copper's it stung your wallet?
                      130 bucks + 2 kidneys.

Comment

Here are some beamshots comparing the Ultra Stinger with other lights

Maglite 2 D

ULTRA STINGER rechargeable

POLAR BEAR 426 lumens rechargeable

Continue in next post
                        BUILDER OF THE BOREALIS FLASHLIGHT
                        www.BlackBearFlashlights.com

Comment

SUREFIRE M-4 four 123's every 20 minutes 350 lumens

BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS, RECHARGEABLE 50 MINUTES RUN TIME

The Bear Cub is 9 " long 13 oz. and run for 90 minutes Lithium Ion rechargeable. it is more intense and reach farther than the Ultra Stinger

Ultra Stinger

Bear Cub rechargeable

Cheers
                          Black Bear
                          BUILDER OF THE BOREALIS FLASHLIGHT
                          www.BlackBearFlashlights.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
                            130 bucks + 2 kidneys.
                            Hmmm... you shoulda' haggled better, maybe you coulda' kept one of your kidneys! LOL

Comment

Hmmm... you shoulda' haggled better, maybe you coulda' kept one of your kidneys! LOL
                              No question about it, Black Bear makes a brighter torch, but you will pay considerably more $$ for it. I know Stream Light will always be in business and that means no worries about getting a free replacement, even if I break it. That's the reasoning behind my decision to go with the Ultra-Stinger.

BTW, not having those kidneys sure has cut down on trips to the restroom.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X