Clear All

• JSam21
    replied
    any update on these pants?

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    Originally posted by Aussie-SO View Post
    Navy blue/black, is there some kind of material out there that doesn't attract every speck of dust in the place?
    Cheers

This was 50% of the reason as to why I chose the uniform colours I did for my business.

Most of my work is K9 work, and more often than not in high profile places where my staff are constantly in the public eye. Black and navy are great for hidding dirt etc, but for fluff and lint terrible, not to mention what they look like after a few hours with a German Shepherd in Summer time beside your left leg No mater how well the dogs were groomed, in Summer time dogs like German Shepherds lose hair at a rapid rate.

Based on this reason, also the reasons of fluff/dust and fade issues plus the biggest factor that every man in the security industry here in Australia has either black of navy is the reason why I chose the school gray colour.

Dog hair doesn't show up, where it be the light coloured hair of a German Shepherd or the black hair of a Rottweiler. They don't fade, they don't show up fluff or lint either plus the big factor is your uniform stands out from everyone elses as they are dressed in either black or navy.

My staff wear the NSW Police marl blue uniform shirts, and these combined together really look great, Police can't complain you look like them, dust/fluff/lint and dig hair aren't an issue either.

Strong recommendations for pants are the following:-

1.) Cargo pockets on both legs, big enough to fit cut resistant gloves.
    2.) Use the BBS pocket system 5.11 do. The problem with most cargo pockets is the your gloves/notebook etc slop around inside and constantly need readjusting. For example the right side pocket have a pocket in the deep inside for your gloves, then a pocket on top of that for your notebook. On the left hand side the same as then you can fit a small first-aid kit, mobile phone etc.
    3.) See the Signal One pants and use the Maglite pocket as they have on both sides.
    4.) Good fitting cut
    5.) breathable fabric due to our rather hot and hummid climate. There is no way you can wear the 5.11 HRT's here in Australia during summer.
    6.) Heavy duty zipper for the fly
    7.) velcro or hidden studs on cargo pockets etc
    8.) Always pockets on each side of your butt

That's about it from me

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    117cm for me please

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Whoa! 142 cm = 56 inches Man that's some serious tonnage.

Leave a comment:

• Penthrox
    replied
    Oh so many ideas.

So far the prototype is less than a week away.

I will not go into to much detail but I will say from what I have seen I am happy.

The sizes for your info will be (in CM)

142 (biggest tactical cargo pant made by any company

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Cut is important to me for extra room to move around in when sitting and kneeling with uniforms (*sigh* those good old days). I always had 2 seasonal trousers for work uniforms - summer and winter weight but found a pair and style that did all seasons and bought all they had on sale in my size.

Yeah there is nothing worse that wearing your gear and being unable to access pockets for coins, etc which is why I found a key / coin pouch I ordered online 11 years ago which was helpful for keeping coins and a spare set of car-keys (can lock yourself out sometimes) for handy access.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie-SO
    replied
    Where I work we don't have a need for a duty belt but we do carry a small amount of equipment on us.

As you well know in OZ we have $1 & $2 coins, a right royal pain in the but to slip into the mega small money pockets that are generally located under your belt. So a money pocket somewhat larger and easily accessable.

We carry Incident Report note books, and to fit them into your only rear pocket is a squeeze when your wallet is also housed there. Maybe a two pockets at the rear one a tad larger to house the notebook.

Reinforced/padded knees, yes we get on our knees a lot grovelling to the boss ... well actually we tend to do far more at work than just patrol and on many occasions are down on our knees fixing vending machines etc.

Navy blue/black, is there some kind of material out there that doesn't attract every speck of dust in the place?

Having experienced first hand a zipper letting go at work a heavy duty zipper would be a must.

And probably the most important thing a good range of sizes and by that I mean some people have long legs some have short. But on many occasions I have seen long legged people in pants that don't reach their ankles and short legged people with pants that look like a compressed spring around their ankles.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    For some reason my black uniform seems to attract lint and anything else floating around the air like a magnet. Hoping that I'm not the only one with the situation I went a Googling and found this tip. Prevent lint from clinging to clothes by adding 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the wash cycle. Maybe all color uniforms do this and black exasperates it showing more. If you have time check out all the other good uses for vinegar. Spray your wind shield when you are done for the day with 3 parts vinegar and 1 part water and no ice will form over night on the glass.ETC

http://www.vinegartips.com/laundry/
    All uniforms will do this. Its because you have built up a static charge by walking around all day/night so the particulates in the air will naturally be attracted to you... maybe thats why all the drunks and nutjobs are naturally attracted to me...

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    For some reason my black uniform seems to attract lint and anything else floating around the air like a magnet. Hoping that I'm not the only one with the situation I went a Googling and found this tip. Prevent lint from clinging to clothes by adding 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the wash cycle. Maybe all color uniforms do this and black exasperates it showing more. If you have time check out all the other good uses for vinegar. Spray your wind shield when you are done for the day with 3 parts vinegar and 1 part water and no ice will form over night on the glass.ETC

http://www.vinegartips.com/laundry/
    Last edited by Chucky; 10-30-2007, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Penthrox
    replied
    Grey, that was not one of the colours they had material for.

I will check them out.

As I said with the white it is a special request for a large company who do patrols of newly painted houses. With them being wet I guess there is your answer. Personally I don't see the point but hey money talks right
    Last edited by Penthrox; 10-30-2007, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    You might want to look at a school gray in that range, as I know Signal One said it was their most asked for colour after black and navy, and also there is a lot of stockist trying to convince 5.11 Tactical to add gray to their jumpuit and HRT pants selection for 2008.

White? Who on earth would want white strides?

Originally posted by Penthrox View Post
    The colour I am getting first off is black. The standard colours will be

Navy Blue
    Black
    White (don't ask, had requests)
    Green
    Khaki

With the possibility of other colours just need to suss out if they will be viable.

Leave a comment:

• Penthrox
    replied
    The colour I am getting first off is black. The standard colours will be

Navy Blue
    Black
    White (don't ask, had requests)
    Green
    Khaki

With the possibility of other colours just need to suss out if they will be viable.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Yeah I switched to permanent press a few times due to the need to wear a dressier uniform but not wear tailored strides due to the dirty work involved. The KG permanent press always looked good and was hard wearing and I recall wearing `Kingies` at school and wanting my mother to bleach the new ones in the first week of school to make them look worn a bit.

All trousers will fade and I do know the uniforms we got made up for K9 handlers through Motoman were expensive but were the best looking ones I had seen on the market when I ran the business. Glad to wear a suit now - so no more hard choices, only tie colours.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    May I ask what color you are getting them made in? If dark navy I can try them out on some duty wear. That is if I've given enough ideas...

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    You'll find the cotton drill in any workwear range fades far to quickly. The key is NOT to use heavy duty cotton drill. The standard King Gee pleated and non pleated permanent press pants don't fade. These are the same type of pants secuity officers, bus drivers etc have worn for years. I'm still wearing several pair I've had for three years and these have no fade. Problem is cotton drill gets to hot also, so you really might want to look at the lighter poly cotton/viscoe blend, which the above mentioned King Gee pants are made from.

Have you seen the cargo pants Signal One sell?

Originally posted by Penthrox View Post
    If the NSW police have gone with 5.11 Tactical they are in for a nasty surprise. Last year myself and 5 other people I was working with at the Big Day Out ordered 5.11 Mens tactical shorts in black. I can honestly say of all the pairs we bought back in Feb have been work once a fortnight when we go for our shoot and they are all at varying degrees of fading.

Also having spoken with a supplier here of 5.11 they have now shied away from them and gone too copshop pants.

Anyway the first pair of pants of being made up now. The material is the same as a big manufactures here uses for their pants (along the lines of the king gee type material. Cotton Drill. I am not using King Gee as that stuff fades way to fast.) The pants have an spf rating of 50 and this will help to keep fading to a minimum. Once they are ready and I have tested them for a couple of weeks I will be giving away 10 pairs and posting them free of charge to the people who I think have contributed the most. So keep those ideas coming

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X