Pant Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
    There is such a thing as too many pockets.
    Heretic!! There can never be too many pockets. Pockets inside of hidden pockets are especially nice...okay, I confess to having a bit of a pocket fetish
    That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

Comment

Originally posted by officerchick View Post
      Heretic!! There can never be too many pockets. Pockets inside of hidden pockets are especially nice...okay, I confess to having a bit of a pocket fetish
      Too many pockets can clutter up a uniform. IMHO
      "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
      some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Funny you should say that Chris, as I've recently started this myself

There are a few options here in Australia already. Motoman is the supplier of NSW Police pants, SOG overalls, dog squad overalls, rescue squad overalls, airwing suits and they also supply these items in fire retardant materials. Only problem with Motoman clothing is that they fade far to quickly and are expensive. NSW Police have recently gone to another manufacturer, that being 5.11 Tactical

A lot of Police and government law enforcement agencies are swapping to 5.11 Tactical and are dealing direct with the USA to do this. From memory Victorian Police SOG officers now wear the two piece 5.11 HRT uniform, and that's just to mention one group.

The biggest issue we have here is the choice of colour and quality. Lets face it, we only have black and navy to choose from. My business uniforms are marl blue shirts, with school gray pants. I purchase the pants from King Gee and then have cargo pockets and other bits added to them. It's expensive but at least that way I have the exact type of uniform I'm after, it's custom made to my requirements for my staff and that way my uniform stands out from all the other security companies.

My recommendations are always cargo pockets, big enough to fit a pair of cut resistant gloves, forget the oversized belt loops and as long as they look like a good pair of dress pants with cargo pockets, are comfortable to wear in summer and winter and don't fade you're on a winner

Originally posted by Penthrox View Post
        Hi,

If you could design a pair of tactical pants what would you have in/on them?

I have been sourcing a lot of local and overseas clothing producers as I am looking at starting up a tactical clothing company as the ones we have are great but for us aussies just so far away. Which therefor equates to money.

So if YOU could make some what would you have on your dream pair of pants. Once this gets off the ground which will be soon as I have located my manufacturer I will need a set amount of testers if you will for these. So the best ideas get the trial pairs.

Any and all information will be considered.

Thank you for your time,

Chris
        A well trained dog is worth 10 men!

I can recall my dog, but I can never recall a fired bullet!

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Comment

If the NSW police have gone with 5.11 Tactical they are in for a nasty surprise. Last year myself and 5 other people I was working with at the Big Day Out ordered 5.11 Mens tactical shorts in black. I can honestly say of all the pairs we bought back in Feb have been work once a fortnight when we go for our shoot and they are all at varying degrees of fading.

Also having spoken with a supplier here of 5.11 they have now shied away from them and gone too copshop pants.

Anyway the first pair of pants of being made up now. The material is the same as a big manufactures here uses for their pants (along the lines of the king gee type material. Cotton Drill. I am not using King Gee as that stuff fades way to fast.) The pants have an spf rating of 50 and this will help to keep fading to a minimum. Once they are ready and I have tested them for a couple of weeks I will be giving away 10 pairs and posting them free of charge to the people who I think have contributed the most. So keep those ideas coming
          Last edited by Penthrox; 10-30-2007, 04:15 AM.
          Fight what is Wrong, Believe what is True, Do what is Right

Comment

You'll find the cotton drill in any workwear range fades far to quickly. The key is NOT to use heavy duty cotton drill. The standard King Gee pleated and non pleated permanent press pants don't fade. These are the same type of pants secuity officers, bus drivers etc have worn for years. I'm still wearing several pair I've had for three years and these have no fade. Problem is cotton drill gets to hot also, so you really might want to look at the lighter poly cotton/viscoe blend, which the above mentioned King Gee pants are made from.

Have you seen the cargo pants Signal One sell?

If the NSW police have gone with 5.11 Tactical they are in for a nasty surprise. Last year myself and 5 other people I was working with at the Big Day Out ordered 5.11 Mens tactical shorts in black. I can honestly say of all the pairs we bought back in Feb have been work once a fortnight when we go for our shoot and they are all at varying degrees of fading.

Also having spoken with a supplier here of 5.11 they have now shied away from them and gone too copshop pants.

Anyway the first pair of pants of being made up now. The material is the same as a big manufactures here uses for their pants (along the lines of the king gee type material. Cotton Drill. I am not using King Gee as that stuff fades way to fast.) The pants have an spf rating of 50 and this will help to keep fading to a minimum. Once they are ready and I have tested them for a couple of weeks I will be giving away 10 pairs and posting them free of charge to the people who I think have contributed the most. So keep those ideas coming

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Comment

May I ask what color you are getting them made in? If dark navy I can try them out on some duty wear. That is if I've given enough ideas...
              "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Comment

Yeah I switched to permanent press a few times due to the need to wear a dressier uniform but not wear tailored strides due to the dirty work involved. The KG permanent press always looked good and was hard wearing and I recall wearing `Kingies` at school and wanting my mother to bleach the new ones in the first week of school to make them look worn a bit.

All trousers will fade and I do know the uniforms we got made up for K9 handlers through Motoman were expensive but were the best looking ones I had seen on the market when I ran the business. Glad to wear a suit now - so no more hard choices, only tie colours.
                "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

The colour I am getting first off is black. The standard colours will be

Navy Blue
                  Black
                  White (don't ask, had requests)
                  Green
                  Khaki

With the possibility of other colours just need to suss out if they will be viable.

Comment

You might want to look at a school gray in that range, as I know Signal One said it was their most asked for colour after black and navy, and also there is a lot of stockist trying to convince 5.11 Tactical to add gray to their jumpuit and HRT pants selection for 2008.

White? Who on earth would want white strides?

The colour I am getting first off is black. The standard colours will be

Navy Blue
                    Black
                    White (don't ask, had requests)
                    Green
                    Khaki

With the possibility of other colours just need to suss out if they will be viable.

Comment

Grey, that was not one of the colours they had material for.

I will check them out.

As I said with the white it is a special request for a large company who do patrols of newly painted houses. With them being wet I guess there is your answer. Personally I don't see the point but hey money talks right
                      Last edited by Penthrox; 10-30-2007, 04:59 PM.

Comment

For some reason my black uniform seems to attract lint and anything else floating around the air like a magnet. Hoping that I'm not the only one with the situation I went a Googling and found this tip. Prevent lint from clinging to clothes by adding 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the wash cycle. Maybe all color uniforms do this and black exasperates it showing more. If you have time check out all the other good uses for vinegar. Spray your wind shield when you are done for the day with 3 parts vinegar and 1 part water and no ice will form over night on the glass.ETC

http://www.vinegartips.com/laundry/
                        Last edited by Chucky; 10-30-2007, 06:52 PM.
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                          For some reason my black uniform seems to attract lint and anything else floating around the air like a magnet. Hoping that I'm not the only one with the situation I went a Googling and found this tip. Prevent lint from clinging to clothes by adding 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the wash cycle. Maybe all color uniforms do this and black exasperates it showing more. If you have time check out all the other good uses for vinegar. Spray your wind shield when you are done for the day with 3 parts vinegar and 1 part water and no ice will form over night on the glass.ETC

http://www.vinegartips.com/laundry/
                          All uniforms will do this. Its because you have built up a static charge by walking around all day/night so the particulates in the air will naturally be attracted to you... maybe thats why all the drunks and nutjobs are naturally attracted to me...

Comment

Where I work we don't have a need for a duty belt but we do carry a small amount of equipment on us.

As you well know in OZ we have $1 & $2 coins, a right royal pain in the but to slip into the mega small money pockets that are generally located under your belt. So a money pocket somewhat larger and easily accessable.

We carry Incident Report note books, and to fit them into your only rear pocket is a squeeze when your wallet is also housed there. Maybe a two pockets at the rear one a tad larger to house the notebook.

Reinforced/padded knees, yes we get on our knees a lot grovelling to the boss ... well actually we tend to do far more at work than just patrol and on many occasions are down on our knees fixing vending machines etc.

Navy blue/black, is there some kind of material out there that doesn't attract every speck of dust in the place?

Having experienced first hand a zipper letting go at work a heavy duty zipper would be a must.

And probably the most important thing a good range of sizes and by that I mean some people have long legs some have short. But on many occasions I have seen long legged people in pants that don't reach their ankles and short legged people with pants that look like a compressed spring around their ankles.

Cheers

Comment

Cut is important to me for extra room to move around in when sitting and kneeling with uniforms (*sigh* those good old days). I always had 2 seasonal trousers for work uniforms - summer and winter weight but found a pair and style that did all seasons and bought all they had on sale in my size.

Yeah there is nothing worse that wearing your gear and being unable to access pockets for coins, etc which is why I found a key / coin pouch I ordered online 11 years ago which was helpful for keeping coins and a spare set of car-keys (can lock yourself out sometimes) for handy access.
                              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Oh so many ideas.

So far the prototype is less than a week away.

I will not go into to much detail but I will say from what I have seen I am happy.

The sizes for your info will be (in CM)

142 (biggest tactical cargo pant made by any company

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X