Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pant Design

Hi,

If you could design a pair of tactical pants what would you have in/on them?

I have been sourcing a lot of local and overseas clothing producers as I am looking at starting up a tactical clothing company as the ones we have are great but for us aussies just so far away. Which therefor equates to money.

So if YOU could make some what would you have on your dream pair of pants. Once this gets off the ground which will be soon as I have located my manufacturer I will need a set amount of testers if you will for these. So the best ideas get the trial pairs.

Any and all information will be considered.

Thank you for your time,

Chris
    Fight what is Wrong, Believe what is True, Do what is Right

I would def have cargo pockets. With the cargo pockets have an opening at the top of the pocket like the shirt pockets have for pens. But this can be used as a quick flashlight or asp holder if needed.

On the front of the pant I would put a small velcro flapped pocket where you could hold latex gloves instead of on your belt.

Another idea is to move the normal pant pockets forward slightly. This would still allow access to them while wearing your duty belt. The gun and other gear on your rig could get in the way of that.

Maybe a small knife pocket for folding knives.
    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
      I would def have cargo pockets. With the cargo pockets have an opening at the top of the pocket like the shirt pockets have for pens. But this can be used as a quick flashlight or asp holder if needed.

On the front of the pant I would put a small velcro flapped pocket where you could hold latex gloves instead of on your belt.

Another idea is to move the normal pant pockets forward slightly. This would still allow access to them while wearing your duty belt. The gun and other gear on your rig could get in the way of that.

Maybe a small knife pocket for folding knives.
      Interesting concept there. I like it. Unsure however of where you mean on the front of the pant. Personally I think like a smaller pocket just above a cargo pant might be the go.
      Fight what is Wrong, Believe what is True, Do what is Right

Comment

At my job we will change for TRU khaki pant it the same type of pant like the new ACU

Comment

Sounds like you want the NYPD tactical pants.
          Robert
          Here endith the lesson

Comment

Peth - as you know CIT work has alot of sharp edges and slashed into corners and the uniform pants do not stand up to it. A King-Gee style material plus a unique work design for presentation sounds pretty good to me.

No we have bugger all in Australia besides from tailored trousers or clothes made in China requiring an XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL for a 32 inch waist. Alot of companies will outfit their crews with uniforms that are cheap and nasty and the imports are rife to save on $$$. Also be aware of the need for some tropic weight stuff in summer and Qld too.
            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Arff312 View Post
              Sounds like you want the NYPD tactical pants.
              Yeah thats where I go the idea from but haven't seen any others with that option. The pocket would be on the actual front of the pants, between the fly and hip pocket, just below the belt loops. Its one way to "de-clutter" your belt.

I would keep it away from the cargo pocket because some people might wear drop leg holsters and it could get covered up by the holster, thus making it useless.

Another idea could be a small slit top pocket right underneath the back pocket to use for the flashlight/asp holder.
              Last edited by JSam21; 10-26-2007, 12:51 AM.
              "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Comment

BDUs with a zipper would be nice.
                sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jessee View Post
                  BDUs with a zipper would be nice.
                  Oh yes. Must have a zippered fly and zippered cargo pocket tops would be nice.

Comment

Navy or dark colored BDUs with as many pockets as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                      Navy or dark colored BDUs with as many pockets as possible.
                      There is such a thing as too many pockets.

Oh I just had an idea... MOLLE straps on the outside of the cargo pockets...

Comment

BDU pants with plenty of cargo pockets. And yes, zippered fly would be the way to go. But the BDUs I wear, have small pockets inside the cargo pockets with forward slanted velcro closures. And velcro closure pockets for shin and knee protection. As well as small pockets just above the boots. All pockets are velcro closure.

Be Safe,

Hank
                        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

I have recently switched from dress black to 9 pocket EMT pants an they are the best thing for a static post. Instead of stuffing all the stuff in two pockets I can distribute the weight better. Nothing like a pocket full of fresh Jelly Beans to break the boredom
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Velcro closing pockets are mandatory - I did try button closures ni my company until I had to issue sewing kits for those staff in need of buttons but found 1 place that would velcrom the pockets and sew dress buttons onto the out pocket - looked very smart indeed.

Button flies are from the olden days and not alow of fun in the middle of winter with a full bladder or in a rush to return to duty.
                            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Ah well... I must be 'old fashioned' then but I've always liked the fact that BDUs had a button fly, if a button comes lose or off I can sew it on, but if the zipper stuffs up... well I've got to find a seamstress

Additionally... how many buttons can fail at once? you've only got one chance with a zippered fly before you're on display to the whole world!
                              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X