What do you carry on "The Job"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackhole
    I thought that once you used spray, the canister was bad - like a fire extinguisher. Don't know, never used any.
    No, they are "resueable".
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
      I thought that once you used spray, the canister was bad - like a fire extinguisher. Don't know, never used any.
      As an S/O, we don't come into situations where the use of force is necessary as often as it is with LEOs. However, generally when the use of force is necessary it is a more severe situation. For example, a police officer might use OC on an individual because the suspect won't comply with the officer's orders. Obviously as S/O's, we don't have this option. So generally if you are going to deploy OC it is going to be a defensive situation. When I feel the need to defend myself and I choose to use OC to do so, I am going to SOAK the perp.

This is kind of a long winded way of saying, yes, they are reusable. But when I use OC, I use quite A LOT of it, so I always buy a new canister of it. I just feel more comfortable that way.
      10-8

Comment

oc?

Considering we carry no ppe in the form of self defence i will be carrying oc spray to defend myself. Thanks for the response, very helpful.
        We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          Our local PD is just now being equipped with tasers. As you know, I have always advocated the use of OC over a taser. However, the police have made a strong case for the taser over OC. They prefer the taser because it can be used in a hospital setting, does not require a physical take down, and does not contaminate the officer's clothing, etc. In addition, the pain of OC lasts anywhere from 30 min to several hours as opposed to 5 seconds with a taser. They have a strong case. Perhaps I need to reevaluate this one.
          I think you do. I am the biggest Taser over OC advocate I know. I could go on and on about the effectiveness and workability of the taser. There are so many more advantages, especially because it steps away from pain compliance and goes into the overtaking of the Central Nervous System. Demanded Compliance. There are people you can drop in a pool OC spray and all they will do is swim around in it and take a gulp. Then when you implement the taser they drop like a fly. Because you are no longer trying to get them to comply by hurting them, you are now getting them to comply by overtaking their CNS. A lot more effective IMO.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X