• Show
Clear All

i have a stinger I forgot to list it.
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

my belt is a accumold ergotek nylon belt

i carry on it from left to right
      fox labs mark IV OC

monadnock 21 or 23"(can't remember) expandable baton with power tip cross draw

stinger flash light

chain link cuffs in cuff case

asp tactical hinged cuffs on cuff strap

glock 23

double mag pouch

that pretty much covers my entire belt except the back area

Comment

Oh, yeah, for those of you wondering what I carry at my primary job:

2 Cross Century Pens (Black, Medium Point)
        1 Pocket Notepad (4x6)
        1 PocketPC (Its old, Jornada 320SE)
        1 Black Leather Case with Company ID and Badge
        1 ASP Key Defender (OC)

This is all held on by a black leather dress belt.

All I get to do anymore is the occasional IT security gig around town. Normally, its all online, so I don't have to carry anything.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Is the asp key defender legal to carry in WI?
          "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
            Is the asp key defender legal to carry in WI?
            It better be, I bought it retail from a huge sporting goods store. Its not a pen or a beeper or any concealed item.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I went back to simple set up my self. I put away my P-85 and went back to my Taurus 2 inch wheel gun. That Ruger was getting heavy to lug around with a 16 round mag not to mention it's big. I am looking at a glock 17 and the CZ75D PCR for 9mm carry. We can use a tactical holster now for high profile calls but I prefer to be less a spectical than stand out to hard. We do "soft security" appearence as much as possible now anyway. We did have a contract for full uniform details but it got subbed to another outfit we canvas calls for when they can't. I met up with a CPO from the "W" company the other day and this guy looked like a state trooper more then a security officer. He looked sharp and his duty gear was uniform neat and distinctive. They dont carry much on thier duty belts though other than the side arm which was a full frame Smith wheel gun (I guess they carry 9mm sometimes). He told me some do carry more depending on the job. They are doing intake and control operations for the JV center here in my county now but they are unarmed. But for me, keep it simple and less cluncky. If I need more, well theres the camo bag in the trunk with a lap top and other stuff.
              My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Pepper spray.

In Australia we are now only being allowed to carry o.c, capsicum spray. After some initial training it will be up to individual guards wether they choose to carry spray. Is it worth it? Just trying to get some feedback from guards on it's effectivness?
                We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

Comment

Originally posted by crankloud
                  In Australia we are now only being allowed to carry o.c, capsicum spray. After some initial training it will be up to individual guards wether they choose to carry spray. Is it worth it? Just trying to get some feedback from guards on it's effectivness?
                  Yes, OC is good stuff. Doesn't work 100% of the time but it generally does the job.
                  I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                  -Lieutenant Commander Data
                  sigpic

Comment

We are still not allowed in Canada
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I believe o.c. spray is the most useful weapon I have on. Shooting is rarely justified and it certainly beats having to put your hands on someone who may have communicable diseases.
                      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                        I believe o.c. spray is the most useful weapon I have on. Shooting is rarely justified and it certainly beats having to put your hands on someone who may have communicable diseases.
                        Seconded. Just remember that OC causes a reactionary gap, and you need to either run during that period, or close the gap and take the suspect down after spraying.

Never spray statically. Even if its not effective, its still a temporary blinding agent in their eyes till the stream shuts off. Spray and move.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                          Oh, yeah, for those of you wondering what I carry at my primary job:
                          1 ASP Key Defender (OC)
                          Check it occasionally. I went to use mine and it was a dud.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Is this the same Mr. Security?

Seconded. Just remember that OC causes a reactionary gap, and you need to either run during that period, or close the gap and take the suspect down after spraying.

Never spray statically. Even if its not effective, its still a temporary blinding agent in their eyes till the stream shuts off. Spray and move.
                            Our local PD is just now being equipped with tasers. As you know, I have always advocated the use of OC over a taser. However, the police have made a strong case for the taser over OC. They prefer the taser because it can be used in a hospital setting, does not require a physical take down, and does not contaminate the officer's clothing, etc. In addition, the pain of OC lasts anywhere from 30 min to several hours as opposed to 5 seconds with a taser. They have a strong case. Perhaps I need to reevaluate this one.
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                              Check it occasionally. I went to use mine and it was a dud.
                              I routinely check areosols due to the dud factor.

Comment

I routinely check areosols due to the dud factor.
                                I thought that once you used spray, the canister was bad - like a fire extinguisher. Don't know, never used any.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X