Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you carry on "The Job"?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Why? Because it will get wet?
    I honestly have no idea. I'd rather clean my weapon than be dead.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      Yes, I have. You end up looking like Bat Masterson. My raincoat didn't have pull through pockets long enough to stick the handle of my revolver out.
      Sufficiet to say, the raincoats I'm looking at have weapon vents.
      On one of our sites, before I went and got my own, I was supplied with a raincoat that did not have weapon slits, but did have pockets. A little quick knife work, and it did. The 'supervisor' was a tad upset, until I explained it to him in very simple terms.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by wilrobnson
        On one of our sites, before I went and got my own, I was supplied with a raincoat that did not have weapon slits, but did have pockets. A little quick knife work, and it did. The 'supervisor' was a tad upset, until I explained it to him in very simple terms.
        See...just another reason why s/o's should be permitted to carry a knife. (See thread that discussed this topic)
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

        Comment


        • #19
          On my persons:
          Company cell phone
          Personal cell phone
          Gun
          Asp (with LED cap light)
          Cuffs
          Latex Gloves
          Radio with shoulder mic attached to my suspenders, earbud when I'm not wearing glasses
          OC
          Surefire light
          Extra ammo
          Neoprene gloves
          SMall notepad
          Pen

          In the car:
          First aid kit
          Extra latex gloves
          Road flares
          extra socks
          extra pens
          extra ammo
          MRE's
          hand warmers
          Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

          William-2, 10-6 for 105. Yep, I'm at Starbucks!

          I may be gay, but I'll eff you up!

          Personal Web Site

          Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

          Comment


          • #20
            car equipment

            Where do you work that you would need extra socks and MREs???

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mallpopo
              Where do you work that you would need extra socks and MREs???
              I'd say anywhere outdoors. When I did open air construction sites - We'd get the contract from the moment it was a vacant lot - I packed MREs, extra socks, and waterproof boots. Because rain or shine, it was your butt getting out of the car and challenging anyone who comes on property. Since, in Florida, trespass on a designated construction site is a felony, and there are large signs, anyone trespassing was automatic arrest.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

              "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                .... Since, in Florida, trespass on a designated construction site is a felony, and there are large signs, anyone trespassing was automatic arrest.
                Man, you guys don't mess around!
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Mr. Security
                  Man, you guys don't mess around!
                  I think Florida had way too much theft on construction sites. Florida Power routinely sticks a crane or bulldozer (company owned) on every site, renews a permit for some "work" every so often, and gets to declare the entire utility complex a "construction site."

                  Real fun is when the contractors show up, and you have no idea who they are. That means you have to hold them, call the police, and the police get to figure their story out. You can't figure it out yourself because you must immediately present your detainee to a law enforcement officer under the trespass statute.

                  And what's worse, most of the contractors had no clue who they were working for, etc.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

                  "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    I think Florida had way too much theft on construction sites. Florida Power routinely sticks a crane or bulldozer (company owned) on every site, renews a permit for some "work" every so often, and gets to declare the entire utility complex a "construction site."

                    Real fun is when the contractors show up, and you have no idea who they are. That means you have to hold them, call the police, and the police get to figure their story out. You can't figure it out yourself because you must immediately present your detainee to a law enforcement officer under the trespass statute.

                    And what's worse, most of the contractors had no clue who they were working for, etc.
                    I've patrolled some "construction sites" and real construction sites where that would really come in handy. I'm kind of jealous. Haha
                    10-8

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Taser
                      I've patrolled some "construction sites" and real construction sites where that would really come in handy. I'm kind of jealous. Haha
                      Two downsides to it.

                      1. There is no such animal in Wisconsin.
                      2. Not all LEOs believed the signs. They required to be educated.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

                      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        my "mix"

                        When in uniform:

                        Underneath the clothes:

                        CPE Pro-model (dyname) protective vests.

                        On my belt:

                        -21" ASP in a GK holster.
                        -handcuffs in a case
                        -a tactical flashlight
                        -tetra (not a regular walkie talkie, but a digital version)
                        -a bottle of disinfectant spray (for cleaning hands)
                        -OC defense spray in a Peter Jones tactical holster.
                        -a ring for regular duty maglite, although I carry one extremely rarely.

                        On my jacket:

                        - 2 small notepads, pencil, pens, and color pens.
                        - ID cards and carry permits
                        - company & my own cell-phone

                        On my pants' pockets:

                        - protective gloves against knives and needles, and plastic gloves
                        - basic first-aid supplies
                        - keys

                        When in plain clothe assignments -- only the most necessary items.

                        In the car:

                        A bag where I have everything if I need to change any particular item on me.

                        some snacks, energy drinks and water, basic medicine for headache etc.

                        Plus all the company issued special gear in the trunk.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I work unarmed security at a biotech facility. My carried equipment is limited.

                          Notepad/pen (good quality refillable pen)
                          AA Mini Maglite
                          Motorola Radio w/ shoulder mic. (don't know the model #) medium size radio
                          Key ring with master keys to facility
                          Swiss Army Knife
                          Personal cell phone in jacket pocket when I do outside rounds.

                          Lanyard with government issued ID badge worn around neck. (We don't have name tags, but we are required to display our government-issued ID on our person at all times)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                            I'd say anywhere outdoors. When I did open air construction sites - We'd get the contract from the moment it was a vacant lot - I packed MREs, extra socks, and waterproof boots. Because rain or shine, it was your butt getting out of the car and challenging anyone who comes on property. Since, in Florida, trespass on a designated construction site is a felony, and there are large signs, anyone trespassing was automatic arrest.
                            Texas needs a statute like that! Trespassing here has long been traditionally held to be a misdemeanor and not a breach of the peace, so a property owner or other private citizen cannot arrest for it, period. This is a source of frustration for security who use "verbal or written notice" of criminal trespass on the job. At a high risk site like that it certainly should be a felony.
                            "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Carry?

                              We carry absolutely no personal protection equipment at all.(ppe) is up to our managers to provide.We are not allowed to carry pocket knives or any other weapons unless licensed to do so.What i have on me now is a personal duress alarm.That's it.
                              We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by crankloud
                                We carry absolutely no personal protection equipment at all.(ppe) is up to our managers to provide.We are not allowed to carry pocket knives or any other weapons unless licensed to do so.What i have on me now is a personal duress alarm.That's it.
                                Personal duress alarm? Sounds like you work at a prison. I remember my years working 'behind the fence' and having nothing more than a 'beeper' should something happen. A basketball game turns into a fight you just hit the button and wait for backup before wading in. Control Center over the radios-"All units, Beeper activation in the Gym." Beeper activations brought everyone not assigned to a dorm or other static assignment running to you.
                                Hospital Security Officer

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X