What do you carry on "The Job"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you carry on "The Job"?

I thought this might be a pretty good thread because there are so many of us from all different aspects of the Security Profession. Just list the stuff you carry in your pockets, duty belt, in the trunk of the car ect. Here's mine.

Blazer:
    -Two notebooks, small enough to fit in pocket
    -Plastic bag, to put the notebook in if I get blood or chemicals on it
    -1 black pen
    -Cell phone (in right pocket), speed dial #1 set for 911
    -Spare batteries (in left pocket), always carry spares for a Surefire

Belt (no duty belt, just a dress belt):
    -Radio
    -Surefire N2 in a hardened plastic V70 holster (this thing rocks, you can put the light in handle first or head first)
    -My keys (personal) attached to a 6 in aluminum keystick (there is a proper name for this, but if asked, I just say its my keychain)
    -Door Keycard with security lisence in the plastic holder
    -Have a med. glove holder, but since I don't have gloves to put in there I don't wear it (used mine a while ago, job doesn't provide any) I still need to order some from Galls

Trouser Pocket:
    -Spare black pen
    -Identification (DL)

About my job, I work at an unarmed sight, manning the gate and cameras and doing "nightwatchman" type patrols. Pretty boring, but the account is one of the highest starting pays in my area. Happy posting!

I wear an empty belt. I usually have a notepad, a pen, rubber gloves and a cell on my person though. Belt May contain my radio if Im doing a foot patrol.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

In the process of trying to convert myself back to day schedule here, so anything is holding my interest. Let's see here...

Shirt:
      -Notebook in right pocket
      -Nametag centered above right pocket, 1/2 inch above
      -Black pen in left pocket
      -ID/creds and holder on retractable cord hanging below left pocket
      -Badge above left pocket
      -Pen-style cuff key clipped along shirt front between buttons, concealed

Belt (starting at left and going counter-clock):
      -Open top mag holder with 2 mags
      -Keeper
      -Key holder (the snap-in steel type, no silent keeper crap)
      -CBP carabiner on key holder
      -Radio holster, contains a Moto XTS5000
      -Cuff case and cuffs
      -Keeper with emergency cuff key, hidden
      -Keeper
      -Plain finish, swivel baton holder with ASP, canted slightly forward
      -Keeper
      -Holster with Glock 22
      -Keeper
      -OC MK-4 holder with OC foam
      -Nextel holster and Nextel

Trouser Pockets:
      -Tactical folder knife (I own 3, and like to rotate them to cut down on the lint factor) in right pocket
      -Wallet in right rear pocket
      -Pocket calendar/address book in left rear pocket
      -Personal keys in left pocket

Jacket pockets:
      -One of those little Listerine Pocket-Paks things with the 'dissolves on your tongue' mint thingies
      -Patrol gloves (generic kevlar/neoprene mix)
      -Surefire G2Z

I also have lately started carrying my old PD duty bag with the following junk contained:

-Black wool watchcap
      -2 extra notepads
      -2 extra pens
      -A couple of powerbars
      -A small roll of 90MPH tape
      -Monstrous Leatherman type tool
      -An extra pair of gloves, and a plastic baggie with 3 pairs of nitrile gloves
      -2 spare Surefire batteries
      -2 chemlights (one green, one white)
      -Legal pad on metal clipboard
      -Yellow highlighter
      -Small box of tissues
      -3 Arrowhead bottled waters

Comment

plain clothes carry

I usually wear an outer garment with pen and spare eyeglasses in left pocket,
        notepad in right pocket,
        Pants pockets: left front combat folder and .25ACP pocket pistol (Hate ankle holsters plus I can have a hand on a gun without being obvious) the rest are just various personal items.
        Belt: badge, radio, light holder, small light in case (can't remember name have had it awhile and name worn off), Gerber Multi-tool, holster with .45ACP Baby Eagle, Key ring, double mag case (horizontal), glovepouch with quality medical exam gloves, I have a 3Dcell Maglight that Icarry also.
        Needless to say I wear a good belt.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
          I usually wear an outer garment with pen and spare eyeglasses in left pocket,
          notepad in right pocket,
          Pants pockets: left front combat folder and .25ACP pocket pistol (Hate ankle holsters plus I can have a hand on a gun without being obvious) the rest are just various personal items.
          Belt: badge, radio, light holder, small light in case (can't remember name have had it awhile and name worn off), Gerber Multi-tool, holster with .45ACP Baby Eagle, Key ring, double mag case (horizontal), glovepouch with quality medical exam gloves, I have a 3Dcell Maglight that Icarry also.
          Needless to say I wear a good belt.
          Lucky in that your allowed to carry a BUG concealed. In WI and Florida, those are felonies.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Lucky in that your allowed to carry a BUG concealed. In WI and Florida, those are felonies.
            The .25ACP? With a CCW I can carry concealed any type/size pistol or revolver that is legally owned. We can openly carry without restrictions as to type/size also.

Also, the multi-tool is a Schrade and the folder is a Gerber. Sorry, Iwas half asleep during the last post.

Comment

The .25ACP? With a CCW I can carry concealed any type/size pistol or revolver that is legally owned. We can openly carry without restrictions as to type/size also.

Also, the multi-tool is a Schrade and the folder is a Gerber. Sorry, Iwas half asleep during the last post.
              Interesting. Florida folks can't carry on their CCW, because they're legally responsible for protecting others, not just themselves. The Florida CCW is for "self-protection," according to DOACS/Div. Licensing, and therefore they must regulate the type of weapon and manner of carry that security officers use, since they are to protect others.

Take this, for example:
              You are on duty, in uniform. You have a holstered firearm in plain sight.

Put on a rain-coat, on duty, you must pull the gun through to keep it "securely encased in plain sight" to comply with the letter of the law.

Go off work, you must trunk your weapon as your not authorized to carry it to and from work. However, if you have a valid CCW, you may wear an overcoat that obscures your work uniform and weapon. You are now a private citizen carrying a concealed weapon, not a security officer openly carrying.

Due note, of course, open carry is illegal in Florida. Only LEOs and Security Officers may do it.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

What do you carry on "The Job"?

I carry the following:
                - Dragnet pocket note pad and pen
                - Whistle
                - Scorpion Flashlight/Leather Holster
                - Leather Belt key-holder
                - Latex gloves/Leather glove pouch
                - Galls Tactical Flashlight/Leather Holster
                - 5 fresh lithium batteries/Leather Holster
                - 2 Cell Phones & 1 Pager
                - Folding Knife
                - A nice long Mag-Lite (Call me flashlight cop )
                - Checkpoint wand
                - Kevlar/Spectra cut & heat resistant gloves
                Last edited by Mr. Security; 02-04-2006, 04:57 PM. Reason: Forgot an item.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Interesting. Florida folks can't carry on their CCW, because they're legally responsible for protecting others, not just themselves. The Florida CCW is for "self-protection," according to DOACS/Div. Licensing, and therefore they must regulate the type of weapon and manner of carry that security officers use, since they are to protect others.

Take this, for example:
                  You are on duty, in uniform. You have a holstered firearm in plain sight.

Put on a rain-coat, on duty, you must pull the gun through to keep it "securely encased in plain sight" to comply with the letter of the law.

Go off work, you must trunk your weapon as your not authorized to carry it to and from work. However, if you have a valid CCW, you may wear an overcoat that obscures your work uniform and weapon. You are now a private citizen carrying a concealed weapon, not a security officer openly carrying.

Due note, of course, open carry is illegal in Florida. Only LEOs and Security Officers may do it.
                  In WV the state code states that for plain clothes you must abide by all state CCW regulations which means if you have a CCW you can carry.

Also our CCW is for the protection of self and others as well as property. Also we do not have to retreat for any reason. In other words if some idiot decides to B&E you can stand your ground. ID, aim, breath, squeeze...repeat as needed until situation resolved.

We can even carry a shotgun, rifle or carbine if wanted or needed. Semi of course unless you have the Class 3 stamp. Believe it or not I would have a bigger problem with DNR than PD.

Comment

In WV the state code states that for plain clothes you must abide by all state CCW regulations which means if you have a CCW you can carry.

Also our CCW is for the protection of self and others as well as property. Also we do not have to retreat for any reason. In other words if some idiot decides to B&E you can stand your ground. ID, aim, breath, squeeze...repeat as needed until situation resolved.

We can even carry a shotgun, rifle or carbine if wanted or needed. Semi of course unless you have the Class 3 stamp. Believe it or not I would have a bigger problem with DNR than PD.
                    We're lucky in that the DNR rule requiring any weapon to be unloaded and stored securely in a running vehicle specifically does not apply to "licensed private police, private security, and private guard persons."

PD just has to sign your ATF Form 4. I could see DNR going insane over having a Class 3 weapon. (That's not a hunting weapon.) "We're not hunting animals."

Comment

.... "We're not hunting animals."
                      You mean the 4 legged or the 2 legged kind?

Comment

That should be SOP anyhow (Yes, I know you were making a point, but a guy I work with refuses to do that. Ever try getting your weapon out from under a full-length raincoat? Not easy).

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                          That should be SOP anyhow (Yes, I know you were making a point, but a guy I work with refuses to do that. Ever try getting your weapon out from under a full-length raincoat? Not easy).
                          Why? Because it will get wet?

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                            I wear an empty belt. I usually have a notepad, a pen, rubber gloves and a cell on my person though. Belt May contain my radio if Im doing a foot patrol.
                            What about a flashlight?

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                              Yes, I have. You end up looking like Bat Masterson. My raincoat didn't have pull through pockets long enough to stick the handle of my revolver out.

Sufficiet to say, the raincoats I'm looking at have weapon vents.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X