Need to secure my console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to secure my console

I currently have a three-sided console in the main lobby of a busy building. We have three monitors, two computers, numerous keys and access cards, a cell phone, not to mention reports and contact information. I repeatedly return to my desk fron patrols etc, only to find that either someone has gone behind the desk or, as this morning, someone is currently behind the desk and looking for something. In this case, she said it was a phone book, but who really knows?

Are there any aftermarket products to secure a situation like this? It's bad enough that all of this is in the lobby, but that anyone can access it drives me nuts. Especially because we are not yet 24/7, so it's unsecure all night and most of the weekend.

I've spoken to the engineer, and if we can find something he'll install it. I'm just not sure where to start looking. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
    That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

there are many things you can do like get a key cabient for your keys get a plastic lockable drawer thats what we have at many sites i work at things like post orders, phone bookes, flashlights first aid kits, lost and found items, can be stored and locked away if you have to leave your desk, also password protect your monitors, if your paddle for you cctv has a lock function use it, common folks shouldnt know how to unlock it and move your cameras around if they are ptz.

there are many places to get these items, here is a link to a place that sales some of the stuff, however i do not know about buying from this company just trying to give you links so you can get an idea.

http://victorystore00.stores.yahoo.n...r40keyric.html
    http://www.nextdayofficesupplies.com...awer/ICE95211/
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into those sites. We have a key box, with the key to that locked in a combination lockbox. The Divar is locked up. We put the cell phone and charger in there as well after hours. But the box it's locked in isn't secured to anything. For the CCTV we use the Control Center on the computer. The computer monitor we're supposed to put in a drawer after hours, which doesn't lock.

The monitor is password protected, as are all profiles. It took me nearly six months to convince them that we needed to find the administrator username and password so I could change them (they'd been the same since the last company had this account, well over a year at the time. They're currently still housed in this building.)

Actually, our current manager is a lot more responsive to security concerns than the previous one.

Comment

Originally posted by officerchick View Post
        We have a key box, with the key to that locked in a combination lockbox. The Divar is locked up.
        You mean the DVR?
        The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

The brand is Divar.

Comment

Originally posted by officerchick View Post
            The brand is Divar.
            After checking with Google, I see that Bosch has a DVR that they call the Divar. I'm an idiot. Although, in my defense, that's a stupid name.
            The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

No argument here. You ought to try saying it to the property manager. "The what? "

Stupid name, but good product.

Comment

We had a portable concierge set up in our head office for special events and I had a similar issue. I had a hard PVC cover with locks made up for the desk after hours so nothing could be touched and visitors could ID badges if left unattended - they expired by time and not by date. It looked good and it had a label for after hours and the like.
                "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X