• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will they think of next

Check this out....

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.taser.com/products/law/Pages/XREP.aspx

WOW, Less than lethal out to 100 ft, is this a totally new platform? Do you have to be shot with it to be qualified or what?

The projectile is charged for a 20 sec push, 20 seconds!

The reflex grab feature, does this work if say there is heavy winter clothing involved, and no good penetration of probes, does the impact negate this?

I watched the videos, very informative.

What type of situations have any of you been in that you now wish you had one of these?

Next step, we are all implanted with chips that feed to our peripheral nervous system and can be remotely accessed with a unique identifier. If someone gets out of line, they can be remotely zapped from miles away, until they can be apprehended. Hmmm, sounds a little "minority reportish." Dont laugh, the technology exists and research is most likely being done somewhere. OK that was a bit far fetched and Im no conspiracy theorist but just to show you some of the tech that you may not know about, check this link out. Something new and cool, off topic I know but I thought it was cool.
    "Not everyone who craps on you is your enemy, and not everyone who cleans it off is your friend." - My Name is Nobody

Comment

Originally posted by emptycup View Post
      Next step, we are all implanted with chips that feed to our peripheral nervous system and can be remotely accessed with a unique identifier. If someone gets out of line, they can be remotely zapped from miles away, until they can be apprehended. Hmmm, sounds a little "minority reportish."
      Actually I read about something like that in a short story by Isaac Asminov IIRC, in years to come, cerebral implants may begin to be utilised to modify convicted felon's behaviour & continue monitoring them after their release (as part of a life long rehabilitation scheme), eventually society will finally accept such devices as life preserving (monitoring body variables much the same as an on-board computer does for your car today) having them 'installed' at birth

Personally I'd be against any device that removes the individual's free will (this include the torture/pleasure method of conditioning), as the scope for abuse is boundless
      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

WOW, Less than lethal out to 100 ft, is this a totally new platform? Do you have to be shot with it to be qualified or what?
        $100 a round, I doubt they will make you take a hit to qualify. One would think if you're qualified with to use a shotgun, you should be ocean-king to use this round. I was told about this about 3 months or so ago.
        "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The XREP is no joke. Minneapolis CIT will be testing them soon from what I understand.
          Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

In states where citizens firing less-lethal rounds are not considered deadly force (I forget which, but I know at least one state specifically says that if anyone fires a less lethal shotgun round, its not deadly force in statute), I could see these rounds deployed at static security posts where "nobody gets in, period."
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I like it, looks like it hurts like hell though, too bad. It beats lethal force which I think is worth the one hundred bucks/round when used in specialized areas/units.

While watching the video I really thought it was going to hit him somewhere aside from the stomach which would really incapacitate him, forget the shock.
              I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JB diligence View Post
                I like it, looks like it hurts like hell though, too bad. It beats lethal force which I think is worth the one hundred bucks/round when used in specialized areas/units.

While watching the video I really thought it was going to hit him somewhere aside from the stomach which would really incapacitate him, forget the shock.

It works both as an impact (baton) and an EMD weapon. Sweet...
                Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X