Homeland Security Contracts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeland Security Contracts..

Last summer I had put a resume into a private agency that deals with goverment contracts. They had called me and asked me to go down to texas after the hurricane Katrina Disaster. They wanted only armed persons to go down, but I was a little hesitant and did not go. With this type of contract, can you use a fire arm within another state, while being contracted under these types of incidents/disasters?

Originally posted by hemi444
    Last summer I had put a resume into a private agency that deals with goverment contracts. They had called me and asked me to go down to texas after the hurricane Katrina Disaster. They wanted only armed persons to go down, but I was a little hesitant and did not go. With this type of contract, can you use a fire arm within another state, while being contracted under these types of incidents/disasters?
    From what I've learned, you usually aren't a "security officer," you are deputized as a deputy US Marshal. That is how you derive your authority to carry a firearm.

In other cases, your temporarily deputized by the agency that the company is sending off-duties with, then your all sworn in by US Marshal or a local organization. IE: Your responsible to the off-duty deputies you came with, they're responsible to the USMS.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Trust me, it was so crazy and unorganized down here after Katrina that no one would have even noticed if you were carrying around a Laws Rocket and Tommy Gun. I live about 2 hours from the coast of Miss., and went down there soon after Katrina. There were armed personnel everywhere. You could not even tell what agency they were from. I think the rules became so lax during that time that anyone with a gun and a willing spirit to bust some people was allowed to do so!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent311
        Trust me, it was so crazy and unorganized down here after Katrina that no one would have even noticed if you were carrying around a Laws Rocket and Tommy Gun. I live about 2 hours from the coast of Miss., and went down there soon after Katrina. There were armed personnel everywhere. You could not even tell what agency they were from. I think the rules became so lax during that time that anyone with a gun and a willing spirit to bust some people was allowed to do so!
        On one episode of COPS in NO half the NOPD was wearing everything BUT NOPD t-shirts.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X