For those of you who wear body armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who wear body armor

I was just wondering for those of you on this site who wear body armor, how do you wear it? Do you wear the concealable kind that goes underneath your shirt, or do you wear it in an external carrier? I, similar to local patrol officers around here, wear my vest on the outside; I have several patches sewn on it, including a security patch on the back, my name on the right breast and a badge patch over the left breast. I tried wearing a concealable vest at first, but it was too hot and I was barely able to move around in it. On the plus side, I do like that ever since I began wearing my vest on the outside, people are constantly mistaking me for a police officer.

This topic has been discussed in great length in other threads...
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
      ...... On the plus side, I do like that ever since I began wearing my vest on the outside, people are constantly mistaking me for a police officer.
      These days, that might be more of a negative than a plus. Cops are always in danger of being ambushed by some mentally deranged person, not to mention what might happen if you are mistaken for a cop during an armed robbery.

While it may be true that some bad guys can't tell the difference between a cop and a security guard, it doesn't mean that you want to make it harder for them to tell that you aren't a cop.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

US Armor level 3A with hard 5x7 shock plate. I have a tactical rig for it as well as the concealable carrier
        sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

I wear level III First Choice Synergy concealable. We are only allowed to wear concealable.
          "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
          some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
            These days, that might be more of a negative than a plus. Cops are always in danger of being ambushed by some mentally deranged person, not to mention what might happen if you are mistaken for a cop during an armed robbery.

While it may be true that some bad guys can't tell the difference between a cop and a security guard, it doesn't mean that you want to make it harder for them to tell that you aren't a cop.
            Not only that, but it's extremely rare to see anybody (security OR cops) wearing their vest unconcealed around here... About the only ones who do are the swat members... If I were to get a tac harness and start wearing my vest on the outside, people would think I was some kinda nutcase..
            Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
            Originally posted by ValleyOne
            BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
            Shoulda called in sick.
            Be safe!

Comment

Around here the STLMPD are offering the uniform carrier and a lot of officers are going to that model.

The other in-house group that works on our campus also has the outside carrier that they offer to thier officers.
              "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
              some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X