Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any type of pants better than others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are any type of pants better than others?

Any recommendations? or just the cheapest you can find?

The cheapest you can find are the ones you will end up replacing at least twice a year.

Buck up and spend a lil bit more money and get a very good pair of pants.
    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

there HAS to be better BDUs than truspec. I love their oublestitching and ripstop, but durig the summer months, the 'nut soup' effect takes over, and eventually the crotch seams begin to eat away totally.

Another complaint is about the nylon dress slacks I have. They fit real nice when I stand up but the first time I sit down the rear seam blows like 2 feet of quarter inch DET cord lol. Lucky the place I got them had them double stitched for me free of charge. AJs rocks
      Last edited by Ron Jessee; 10-09-2007, 02:22 AM. Reason: fatigue typos
      sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

any opinions on these?

Tru-Spec Police BDU Trousers
        http://www.legear.com.au/Tru-Spec-Po...pec-polbdu.htm

Men's 5.11 Tactical Pant
        http://www.legear.com.au/product-p/511tac-pants.htm

Comment

I hate Truspec. Bleh. I use Proguard which is a whole lot better IMO.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I have found trousers that I used for business attire that have been long lasting and have used a uniform company for my own. I think there is no true and tried answer for what is the best but it comes down to personal preference and budget - trying is what it is all about.

Some people are harder on shoes and clothing that others with different people with all different shapes and sizes and I know that the inside leg of some trousers (depending on material and cut) will wear out faster than some. My advice is - when you find a style and cut that fits will (get a few pairs of trousers and rotate them often to give them even wear. Pssssstt I have tried the 5.11's and loved them but preference goes for a UK brand that is far from cheap (and I thought wearing suits was a hard choice).
            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

im in adelaide and i cant find newhere that sells law enforcement/security specific clothing. if i bought local id need to buy somewhere like myer. so i think i might have to internet order.

oz m8, wots the UK brand ones you talking about?

Comment

who sells proguard?
                sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Have you tried contacting?

Brandmode Pty Ltd
                  154 Halifax St, Adelaide, SA, 5000 - (08) 8232 3331

OR

Nnt Uniforms
                  33 Hindley St, Adelaide, SA, 5000 - (08) 8231 6029
                  "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

What do/are your uniforms going to look like?

If I know what color you have to wear I can throw some ideas out there.

http://galls.com/style.html?assort=g...TR197&cat=3153

http://galls.com/style.html?assort=g...TR216&cat=3153
                    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Working in a static post especially with winter coming on I have been weighing the options. I like the crisp clean look of regular black security pants but find I need more pockets and want the crisp look that BDUs don't have. I encounter several EMTs at my site and am impressed with the 9 pocket pants that they wear as the pockets are flush with the legs unlike BDU pouches. So I ordered up a pair to see if I like the feel.

http://www.stationhouse.com/uniforms...curity_emt.htm
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

I was fortunate that 1 of my p/t crew was a fireman and he was able to point me into the right direction of a supplier who did similar trousers but they were very expensive but looked good. I agree nothing looks worse that BDU's that are loaded up and popping out everywhere as well.
                        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X