No announcement yet.

new gun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not impressed with the Storm. Part of the whole Storm concept is the 9mm carbine system. Why do I need a rifle to throw the same 9mm rounds my pistol carries? I'd be afraid to see what the ballistics of firing HydraShok through a 16 inch rifle would be.

For Beretta, I like the 92 and 96 series. Not the new 2007 "remake" of the 92 and 96 series, but the old fashioned 92.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
      I almost purchased the Walther, but the Beretta felt more comfortable and balanced. One area of concern I had with the Walther is the magazine release. I prefer the button type and the W I saw had a lever type contraption. Does this magazine release lever give you any troubles with gloves on? or wet? Or heck anytime? Is it ackward to re learn to slide down as opposed to push in?
      Actually I've found the lever on my Walther to be EASIER to use when wearing gloves. With the button style, the gloves tend to limit my finger's ability to push inward on it. With the lever, It's just a downward "sweep" with the finger to release the mag. As for being wet, I've never had a problem. The lever is grooved for traction.. (Sounds funny... lol)

I'm also curious about the new PPS that Walther just released in July. It's supposed to be a replacement for the PPK, but built with the same standards & style of the P99. If I can find one to try out, I may have found my new BUG.
      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
      Originally posted by ValleyOne
      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
      Shoulda called in sick.
      Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
        Firearms that are too straight and angular in shape like the XD 9 and Glock are simply just not attractive in my opinion. There has to be some curves to it! Beyond feeling good in my hand, it has to look good too! I just love my SigSauer 2009. It is not as "boxey" looking I guess........

Be safe,

Hank
        I haven't shot the 2009, but I, almost traded my 229 in for a 2340 (thank God I didn't). Have you had any jamming issues with the 2009?
        "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have a Sigma .40 as a backup, but it was my 1st service gun. I must have sent 1600 to 2000 rounds through it without as much as a single stovepipe. in fact I believe the M&P uses many of the Sigma's inner workings- or the other way around...
          sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

new firearm

Originally posted by N. A. [LEFT
            Corbier[/left];39927]I'm not impressed with the Storm. Part of the whole Storm concept is the 9mm carbine system. Why do I need a rifle to throw the same 9mm rounds my pistol carries? I'd be afraid to see what the ballistics of firing
            HydraShok
            through a 16 inch rifle would be.

For Beretta, I like the 92 and 96 series. Not the new 2007 "remake" of the 92 and 96 series, but the old fashioned 92.
            N.A, there is px4 pistol and there is the
            storm
            carbine
            CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

I just got promoted last week going to armed status. I went and got the Taurus 82 in stainless steel. I pick her up on saturday.
              "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
              some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

congrats. The bullseye on your uniform just got a bit bigger

Comment

Yep and thats why the vest goes on at all times now.
                  "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                  some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
                    Hey, not sure where you live (I know you said you worked off 87), but I am trying to get some people together to go up to the range near Pace. I'm not a big fan of it, but it's the closest one to us Pcola people. PM me sometime.
                    Have sent PM.

Comment

I bought a pair of S&W M&P 9mm pistols. One full size and on compact, with night sights. I like them a lot. I did have a problem with the compact dropping the mag when it was fired. I sent the gun back to S&W and they fixed it free. No problems since then.
                      After I shoot a thousand more rounds, I might retire the old Model 28 .357. But it will be hard to put away the gun that has been a faithful companion for the last 25 years.

[QUOTE=Charger;39887]I've heard nothing but good things about the new M&P series from S&W... A LOT of PDs are switching to them... Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to hold/try one myself yet, but they sure are pretty!
                      "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                        I'm not impressed with the Storm. Part of the whole Storm concept is the 9mm carbine system. Why do I need a rifle to throw the same 9mm rounds my pistol carries? I'd be afraid to see what the ballistics of firing HydraShok through a 16 inch rifle would be.

There are certain advantages to using one type of ammo, but anyway the Storm comes in 9-mm, 40 and 45 ACP calibers.
                        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
                          I haven't shot the 2009, but I, almost traded my 229 in for a 2340 (thank God I didn't). Have you had any jamming issues with the 2009?
                          Bad~
                          Yes I have. The first time I went to the range, I had jamming issues and stove piping occur. I just had to work through them. After about the 300th round I sent down range, I no more issues. I have never touched let alone fire a SP2340 though.

Be safe,

Hank
                          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                            Bad~
                            Yes I have. The first time I went to the range, I had jamming issues and stove piping occur. I just had to work through them. After about the 300th round I sent down range, I no more issues. I have never touched let alone fire a SP2340 though.

Be safe,

Hank
                            I like the way the 2340 felt in my hand, but my 229 has a lighter recoil than the 2340. Think i'll test out the 2009. I want a full size gun for uniform work.
                            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I like my old Sigma, I must have put 1500 rounds through it and without a single problem

Comment

Personal preferences....

...I like anything from Sig Sauer. I've carried the 226 and 220. H&K makes a fine pistol--the USP. .40 cal or .45 ACP. I avoid the 9mm.... I've carried these and several S&W's. I like S&W revolvers (what I carried when I first entered law enforcement) better than their pistols. I've carried the Beretta as a police officer and in combat. Not my fave. But, will do the job in a pinch. I've carried several Glocks and am not a huge fan....

My last duty weapon prior to a recent change was Kimber. I had the TLE II. A rather nice 1911 style .45 ACP! I respect Springfield Armory. I carried a parkerized M1A1 as a duty rifle and was curious to see what their pistols would do. I currently carry the Springfield Armory XD45. It's accurate and reasonably priced. This would be a good choice for a duty weapon, in my view. --K.
                                Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X