Blackhawk CQC Duty Holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk CQC Duty Holster

Considering going to this holster, anyone here use it? What pros and cons have you heard? What retention level do you use/have heard the pros/cons on Level II or Level III (with the hood thingy)

The thing that appeals to me is the fact that once you seat your firearm into the holster it is automatically secured. I currently have the Bianchi that does this, the one with the little tab you depress with your thumb. I like it as because if I am in situation where I have my weapon drawn and if the situation changes I can holster and know my weapon is secured, without having to worry about getting the strap(s) snapped. Once she's in there she secure.

My sole issue with my current holster is that the snap in designed to be released by the top of my thumb as my hand come down on the handle of the weapon. The raw spot from range days kills. So I inadvertatly compensate for this by first un-snapping (with the pad of my thumb) and then grabbing the weapon while depressing the lever. I know I know I know, training will break me of this, but I still find myself doing this subconsciously on self initiated drills. This makes the draw akward and cumbersome. Oddly, it hasn't happen on the range, or in real life when I have drawn my weapon, but it still concerns me enough that I am seeking an alternative holster to eleviate this.

Appreciate all input on the afore mentioned holsters.
    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

I started using this holster about a month ago. The draw just seems natural, although I sent myself to a four day handgun class to get some presentations in before I used it for duty. The only issue I could imagine being a problem is weak hand draw in an emergency would be near impossible.

California Security Blog
    Domain Registration Services

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
      Considering going to this holster, anyone here use it? What pros and cons have you heard? What retention level do you use/have heard the pros/cons on Level II or Level III (with the hood thingy)

The thing that appeals to me is the fact that once you seat your firearm into the holster it is automatically secured. I currently have the Bianchi that does this, the one with the little tab you depress with your thumb. I like it as because if I am in situation where I have my weapon drawn and if the situation changes I can holster and know my weapon is secured, without having to worry about getting the strap(s) snapped. Once she's in there she secure.

My sole issue with my current holster is that the snap in designed to be released by the top of my thumb as my hand come down on the handle of the weapon. The raw spot from range days kills. So I inadvertatly compensate for this by first un-snapping (with the pad of my thumb) and then grabbing the weapon while depressing the lever. I know I know I know, training will break me of this, but I still find myself doing this subconsciously on self initiated drills. This makes the draw akward and cumbersome. Oddly, it hasn't happen on the range, or in real life when I have drawn my weapon, but it still concerns me enough that I am seeking an alternative holster to eleviate this.

Appreciate all input on the afore mentioned holsters.
      A friend of mine that is a Glock armorer, just ordered this holster for the department, as they just switched to Glock's. There are mixed opinions all over the watercooler about this holster. Some love it, some are just okay and then some hate it more than the ex wife. Another friend of mine keeps getting caught in the seatbelt. However, haven't heard this problem mentioned for anyone else. It's definitely a natural feeling when drawing, as I use the concealed holster for plain clothes work. As for drawing with the weak hand, as with any holster you're gonna have to practice your arse off. Anything is possible, if you try and master it.

The holster that I am changing to is the Safariland Raptor Lvl. 4. I think that's one of the most secure, yet fast drawing holsters out there.
      "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I know times have changed but the clamshell holster to me is the safest one. I have fond admiration for that one as it pulled me through a scrape I doubt the others would not have.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X