No announcement yet.

leatherman and duty belt don't mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those wearing the full catalogue (why you need 2 maglites I don't know) are either catalogue models or well overpaid. 1 x NYE I was working as Ops Mgr for my host company (contract) and as we our clients had paid mega $$$ for private sets ups right on the harbour to watch the fireworks, I had 3 radios on my belt (national parks, site and company trunk radio).

Around 2030 I spotted 30 people jumping the 10 foot fences to get access to the private functions to get closer to the fireworks and we had to arrest them before they disappeared. Pursuing them with that much weight was not so bad since I had 2 radio carriers (learnt from last year) and held the 3rd one as my 2IC went tumbling down the grass path with his pants around his ankles (too much weight on his belt and not arranged right. I later discussed with him the advantages of velcro inner belts.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
      I later discussed with him the advantages of velcro inner belts.
      I've seen those around, but didn't understand/perceive their advantages over the regular belt keeper scenario, in your opinion how are they more effective?
      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I have only ever worn the leather inner belts so if you have put on a few kgs or lost a few kgs or wearing another shirt underneath you can adjust it. Now I sneak a Garrison 1 inch belt under my suit so it still looks good but will hold extra gear if need to carry a radio or anything else. Had 1 brand with a dress belt that was over $100 US but it was crap and looked cheap.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X