Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well i know how many of you roughly have guns, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i know how many of you roughly have guns, but...

How many have custom options on there duty weapon ? such as custom grips, rails, sights, lasers, lights, triggers ? I have all stock except, night sights, considering getting houge grip for my glock though.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

I too have night sights on my glock but other than the houge grip that I've just put on my 23 (which I love and makes the gun feel so much better when shooting) its all stock. Mine is the first gen of the glock i.e. no rail and no finger grooves. I have a large hand so the addition of the grip makes a noticeable differance to me when holding the weapon.
    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

The only thing with mine is the nightsights. I am able to customize my weapon anyway I want, I just cannot change the mechanizms inside.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

My weapon is a stock firearm. Nothing extra added!

Be safe,

Hank
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

But then again I can't carry mine at work. We are only allowed .38 revolvers.(which is my next purchase, going armed soon) I hate wheel guns. I don't know why but I think its because I'm a young whipper-snapper and learned to shoot with the auto-loaders.
          "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Comment

No customizing allowed, save the Hogue grip sleeve I have.

Comment

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
              But then again I can't carry mine at work. We are only allowed .38 revolvers.(which is my next purchase, going armed soon) I hate wheel guns. I don't know why but I think its because I'm a young whipper-snapper and learned to shoot with the auto-loaders.
              In the spirit of remaining positive; you don't have to worry to much about clearing drills and you get a little bit more time on the line.
              ~Super Ninja Sniper~
              Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

My duty weapon is a department issued Glock 17, with nightsights and a laser/light attachment (I purchased the attachement for SRT call outs). It is completley stock except the nightsights and a New York trigger spring. I have a Glock 21 that I plan on sending to Robar for a few modifications, after the modifications are completed I will carry the G 21 on duty.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
                  In the spirit of remaining positive; you don't have to worry to much about clearing drills and you get a little bit more time on the line.
                  Yeah but I would rather have 40 chances, if i needed them, than 18.

Comment

Honestly, 18 can suffice in most urban areas. It is not how many rounds you carry, or how big the rounds are, its shot placement.

If you can get the shots on target consistently, in vital areas, then you can use less rounds to neutralize the threat. There are practical limits to the amount of damage you can do with the .38 Special round, but these rounds do indeed render people unconscious through loss of blood.

Granted, between a revolver and a semi-auto, I'd rather carry the semi. Revolvers are huge, heavy, and annoying to reload, even with speed loaders.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

only allowed .38 revolvers? You living in 1979 or something? Revos are good back up guns but you really should have access to a decent semiauto.

"But please can we defend ourselves and our post?"

"Oh okay, but I'm handcuffing you first."
                      sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jessee View Post
                        only allowed .38 revolvers? You living in 1979 or something? Revos are good back up guns but you really should have access to a decent semi auto.
                        Revolvers are popular because they 'just work' it wasn't until recently that our State Police began looking into upgrading from the S/W 38's they've been using since the beginning of the last century
                        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

They're also seen as "less lethal" than a semi-auto round, which is silly since the 9mm is basically the same diameter.

The people who see this are usually admin lacking common sense.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Wash, D.C. SPO's are only permitted to carry .38 revolvers.

As for me, I have night-sights and Hogue rubber grips on my Sig. I had the slide refinished in a nice glossy black. Going to be adding laser-sights here shortly.
                            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Eventually, I'm going to have to get a semi-auto. Probably in .40 or 9mm, unless I go insane and buy a 1911 GI in .45 ACP.

From what I've shot, I still have a preference for Beretta, with Glocks being "ok" in .40 caliber. I played "race" with someone in another lane at 10 yards, hitting black on a 5 inch diameter target without really "aiming," just dumping rounds. Most were 6-7, but then again, I was just mag dumping to see if it was controllable, only having fired 9mm, .38, .45, .357 Ow, and .44 Magnum.

Still amuses me that .357 Ow (I mean Sig) has more downward snap than a .44 Magnum.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X