How high Boots to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How high Boots to get?

Ive just done all my courses, and should get my license soon.
    Need to buy some black boots...
    There are heaps of different sizes/lengths... how high should you get them?
    Im looking at SWATS atm

Could depend on how high or deep the doodo is. Welcome to the site.

I know you all were thinking that.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Although Security Consultant's coment was tongue in check, there is some truth to it. Where do you work. If you work at a muddy construction site site then you will want something tall. If you are in an office setting a pair of uniform oxfords would be fine. Personally I like 6"-8" boots, as they give good support to the ankles.
      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Personally I like 6"-8" boots, as they give good support to the ankles
        +1, I use to wear Hi-tec Magnums, before I switched to Nike boots. Which, by the way are sooooooo (expletive) comfortable. Anyway, years back I was in a foot chase with county police. Slipped and twisted the (expletive) out of my ankle. Ended up in the ER with a ankle the size of a softball, doc told me that the boots helped, or else it would have been much worse.
        "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

+2, I wear 6" Brazos Jungle boots. For $20, they can't be beat!
          I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

I wear the 8 inch high Rocky zippered side boots.

Be safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

i wear danner acadia boots, 6 Inch, i dont like low cut boots if you ever have to walk in snow, dirt, higher cut 6-10 inch boots are the way to go.
              Its not how we die that counts.....
              Its not how we lived that counts....
              all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Rocky 2090 10" Zippered boot

Comment

Buy a cheap pair, first. If you haven't quite 'started' security yet, never know if you're even going to like it.

Comment

What Type Boot I Wear

RIDGE® BLACKHAWK GHOST SIDE-ZIP 10” BOOTS
                    Attached Files
                    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Personal Preferences

Depends on what your like and can afford. I personally stick with 10 inch boots as they are versatile and are the standard for BDU's or cargo uniform pants. I would listen to the poster who said buy a cheap pair first.

Having sped hundreds of newbies (2000 Olympics was bad enough) to tell them to get a pair of cheap BLACK hiking boots and some good inners soles from K-mart has paid off to those who listen. The number of "head wobblers" who have turned up in dress shoes (like your Penny Loafers) to do a 12 hour shift in the rain, is pathetic. Their culture is not to spend a $0.01 on anything not provided by the cmopany and then complain of being wet or tired 2 hours into a shift. Perhaps you have some hiking boots you could dye black for now ?

If I had $10.00 for every shift I rolled my ankle and was saved by my high boots I would be alot richer. Ok it saves on swelling until you get home but it is the same as bandaging a sprain.
                      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X