X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishCop View Post
    If you're going to post an image of a member of the RCMP, at least post one of a real one and not a poser.
    I was looking for the goofiest picture I could find... to send a message...

Leave a comment:

• Blade Runner
    replied
    How about this?

I've always liked the urban camo look, as it blends very nicely into shadows. Red will just stick out like a sore thumb, not quite as bad as the white shirts I wear, (not for much longer, heeheehee) but they'll scream TARGET!.

Leave a comment:

• IrishCop
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
    If you're going to post an image of a member of the RCMP, at least post one of a real one and not a poser.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    Oh I think it would work fine. Maybe throw a black vest on over it.

Leave a comment:

• IrishGuard
    replied
    Red over black is a nice combination, however the uniform must suit the working or duty environment.

Red over black might suit reception/security duties within an office or retail environment but would not be appropriate for say working the barrier gates at an industrial complex.

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Hmmm... red polo (golf) shirt & black trackies? doesn't sound too professional looking, more like a high school physical education instructor (aka Coach) IMHO

Perhaps you meant 'tactical' pants or BDU's?
    Tactical / BDU is what I meant, But the Phys Ed instructor would be good for a mall... OK fool's hit the showers your cut from MY mall.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by JB diligence View Post
    Recently at a mall I saw S/O's in red golf shirts with security written in black on the back, with black tack pants. I thought it looked sharp and authorities and it sure stood out.
    Hmmm... red polo (golf) shirt & black trackies? doesn't sound too professional looking, more like a high school physical education instructor (aka Coach) IMHO

Perhaps you meant 'tactical' pants or BDU's?

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    I am interested to see what's going to happen here in Ontario, as a result of coming amendments Private Investigators and Security Guard act. Bill 159. Their are many changes to occur two of which are appearance standards, vehicles may not look like Police vehicles and uniforms may no resemble those of the police. This is supposed to also include in house security as well.

Back on topic:
    Recently at a mall I saw S/O's in red golf shirts with security written in black on the back, with black tack pants. I thought it looked sharp and authorities and it sure stood out. I also like the idea of the high visibility green along with reflective striping for jackets, I think the Brit's came up with that idea. If my truck is lit up with strobes and LED's on a scene, I want to be seen as well.

I have seen on COPS the Metro Las Vegas P/O's in yellow shirts, also highly visible sharp looking IMHO.

Be seen Be safe! (well depending where you are guess).

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Utah~
    I would say that red is definately different and would surely standout. In my opinion, red would not be the way to go, but maybe maroon or burgundy would work.

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Red security shirts? Reminds me of what the Security Officers in the CTU building on the series 24 wore in the 4th (I think) season. Those guys died in numbers that Star Trek never even attempted. Those CTU redshirts must have been making a fortune or had one hell of a death and disability insurance plan.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    Utah I'm gonna have to say no to the red. I have personal experience wearing red shirts from when I was umpiring high school and college baseball. It was the old American Leauge alternate color shirt, standard was the Navy shirt. The National League had the baby blue as their alternate color.

I thought that it would look nice and be different to make us look different from the other guys. Well it did and anytime you made a mistake, they would remember you. Sometimes its better just to blend in. I think the LAPD Navy on Navy would be a good look. And if you do come to Mo... I'll come work for ya.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    When I went to the Marine recruiter and found out that the nice blue uniform with the white hat and red leg stripe wasn't standard wear I decided that the Army jungle uniform would have to do. Such a fashion patriot.
    Don't forget that the red stripe down the trousers is known amongst the USMC as a "Blood Stripe"...

If'n y'all are considering being a Marine, that may hold true more than you think...

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    When I went to the Marine recruiter and found out that the nice blue uniform with the white hat and red leg stripe wasn't standard wear I decided that the Army jungle uniform would have to do. Such a fashion patriot.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
    That uniform is only worn for ceremonies, This is their regular one:
    http://magazine.concordia.ca/2004/ma...accardelli.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse