X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chucky
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    Question is this when i move out of Utah to New Mexico or Missouri and create my own company, I am maybe considering the Idea of Red shirts, over black pants.

do you think Red would be unique, look nice, and be professional ?

I dont know of any Law Enforcment agency that uses RED but i do know it stands out...
    What was the name of your new baseball team?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Maroon over black would look interesting, and I do seem to remember a state police or patrol using those colors. They looked... odd, but not bad.

Then again, wasn't there one with purple?

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    My old LE department in Alaska wore red shirts over black pants in the 80's. It didn't look too bad (lots of pics in the halls), but they screwed it up by replacing the metal badge with a patch that was 4x6" on the left breast. And brilliant white.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    I can't remember which department it is, but one of the state PDs in the far Northeast part of the country wears maroon shirts... Over grey pants, IIRC... It doesn't look too bad, but it is certainly different.

If you were to do maroon, it would probably look pretty good over black. If you're talking about more like a bright red, I don't think I'd go for something quite that drastic... Not only would it look odd, but a bright color like that would make an excellent target for someone wanting to 'take out' a guard... There IS a reason most departments wear dark colors, after all...

Originally posted by flashlightcop509
    Maybe it's the Sci-Fi geek in me, but it's always the guys in red shirts on Star Trek that die first....
    Game. Set. Match. Winner is flashlightcop509! LOL
    Last edited by Charger; 08-16-2007, 11:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mh892
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    Question is this when i move out of Utah to New Mexico or Missouri and create my own company, I am maybe considering the Idea of Red shirts, over black pants.

I dont know of any Law Enforcment agency that uses RED but i do know it stands out...

Well. With red, might the first impression be, "Theres a firefighter"? Since a lot of them wear red and red is generaly assiciated with the fire department. Just a thought.

Altho. At one of our sites we wear a red polo with security on front and back. We are not in the public eye and the SO's like the polos.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Maybe it's the Sci-Fi geek in me, but it's always the guys in red shirts on Star Trek that die first....

Lesson to be learned?

Maybe... Maybe not...

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Hmmm... how bright a shade of red are we talking about? will it be a polo style? worn with dress pants or BDU's?

I've seen blue, black, white & yellow used before but never red IIRC... your crew will certainly 'stand out'

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    started a topic Red shirts.. for the uniform ?

Red shirts.. for the uniform ?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X