No announcement yet.

Red shirts.. for the uniform ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am interested to see what's going to happen here in Ontario, as a result of coming amendments Private Investigators and Security Guard act. Bill 159. Their are many changes to occur two of which are appearance standards, vehicles may not look like Police vehicles and uniforms may no resemble those of the police. This is supposed to also include in house security as well.

Back on topic:
    Recently at a mall I saw S/O's in red golf shirts with security written in black on the back, with black tack pants. I thought it looked sharp and authorities and it sure stood out. I also like the idea of the high visibility green along with reflective striping for jackets, I think the Brit's came up with that idea. If my truck is lit up with strobes and LED's on a scene, I want to be seen as well.

I have seen on COPS the Metro Las Vegas P/O's in yellow shirts, also highly visible sharp looking IMHO.

Be seen Be safe! (well depending where you are guess).
    I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JB diligence View Post
      Recently at a mall I saw S/O's in red golf shirts with security written in black on the back, with black tack pants. I thought it looked sharp and authorities and it sure stood out.
      Hmmm... red polo (golf) shirt & black trackies? doesn't sound too professional looking, more like a high school physical education instructor (aka Coach) IMHO

Perhaps you meant 'tactical' pants or BDU's?
      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
        Hmmm... red polo (golf) shirt & black trackies? doesn't sound too professional looking, more like a high school physical education instructor (aka Coach) IMHO

Perhaps you meant 'tactical' pants or BDU's?
        Tactical / BDU is what I meant, But the Phys Ed instructor would be good for a mall... OK fool's hit the showers your cut from MY mall.
        I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Red over black is a nice combination, however the uniform must suit the working or duty environment.

Red over black might suit reception/security duties within an office or retail environment but would not be appropriate for say working the barrier gates at an industrial complex.

Comment

Oh I think it would work fine. Maybe throw a black vest on over it.
            "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
            some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
              If you're going to post an image of a member of the RCMP, at least post one of a real one and not a poser.

Comment

How about this?

I've always liked the urban camo look, as it blends very nicely into shadows. Red will just stick out like a sore thumb, not quite as bad as the white shirts I wear, (not for much longer, heeheehee) but they'll scream TARGET!.
                I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

Originally posted by IrishCop View Post
                  If you're going to post an image of a member of the RCMP, at least post one of a real one and not a poser.
                  I was looking for the goofiest picture I could find... to send a message...
                  "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                  "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X