Red shirts.. for the uniform ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red shirts.. for the uniform ?

Question is this when i move out of Utah to New Mexico or Missouri and create my own company, I am maybe considering the Idea of Red shirts, over black pants.

do you think Red would be unique, look nice, and be professional ?

I dont know of any Law Enforcment agency that uses RED but i do know it stands out...
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Hmmm... how bright a shade of red are we talking about? will it be a polo style? worn with dress pants or BDU's?

I've seen blue, black, white & yellow used before but never red IIRC... your crew will certainly 'stand out'
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Maybe it's the Sci-Fi geek in me, but it's always the guys in red shirts on Star Trek that die first....

Lesson to be learned?

Maybe... Maybe not...
      “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
      "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
        Question is this when i move out of Utah to New Mexico or Missouri and create my own company, I am maybe considering the Idea of Red shirts, over black pants.

I dont know of any Law Enforcment agency that uses RED but i do know it stands out...

Well. With red, might the first impression be, "Theres a firefighter"? Since a lot of them wear red and red is generaly assiciated with the fire department. Just a thought.

Altho. At one of our sites we wear a red polo with security on front and back. We are not in the public eye and the SO's like the polos.

Comment

I can't remember which department it is, but one of the state PDs in the far Northeast part of the country wears maroon shirts... Over grey pants, IIRC... It doesn't look too bad, but it is certainly different.

If you were to do maroon, it would probably look pretty good over black. If you're talking about more like a bright red, I don't think I'd go for something quite that drastic... Not only would it look odd, but a bright color like that would make an excellent target for someone wanting to 'take out' a guard... There IS a reason most departments wear dark colors, after all...

Originally posted by flashlightcop509
          Maybe it's the Sci-Fi geek in me, but it's always the guys in red shirts on Star Trek that die first....
          Game. Set. Match. Winner is flashlightcop509! LOL
          Last edited by Charger; 08-16-2007, 10:02 PM.
          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
          Originally posted by ValleyOne
          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
          Shoulda called in sick.
          Be safe!

Comment

My old LE department in Alaska wore red shirts over black pants in the 80's. It didn't look too bad (lots of pics in the halls), but they screwed it up by replacing the metal badge with a patch that was 4x6" on the left breast. And brilliant white.

Comment

Maroon over black would look interesting, and I do seem to remember a state police or patrol using those colors. They looked... odd, but not bad.

Then again, wasn't there one with purple?
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post

What was the name of your new baseball team?
                THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

"Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                  "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
                    That uniform is only worn for ceremonies, This is their regular one:
                    http://magazine.concordia.ca/2004/ma...accardelli.jpg
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

When I went to the Marine recruiter and found out that the nice blue uniform with the white hat and red leg stripe wasn't standard wear I decided that the Army jungle uniform would have to do. Such a fashion patriot.
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        When I went to the Marine recruiter and found out that the nice blue uniform with the white hat and red leg stripe wasn't standard wear I decided that the Army jungle uniform would have to do. Such a fashion patriot.
                        Don't forget that the red stripe down the trousers is known amongst the USMC as a "Blood Stripe"...

If'n y'all are considering being a Marine, that may hold true more than you think...
                        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Utah I'm gonna have to say no to the red. I have personal experience wearing red shirts from when I was umpiring high school and college baseball. It was the old American Leauge alternate color shirt, standard was the Navy shirt. The National League had the baby blue as their alternate color.

I thought that it would look nice and be different to make us look different from the other guys. Well it did and anytime you made a mistake, they would remember you. Sometimes its better just to blend in. I think the LAPD Navy on Navy would be a good look. And if you do come to Mo... I'll come work for ya.
                          "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                          some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Red security shirts? Reminds me of what the Security Officers in the CTU building on the series 24 wore in the 4th (I think) season. Those guys died in numbers that Star Trek never even attempted. Those CTU redshirts must have been making a fortune or had one hell of a death and disability insurance plan.
                            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Utah~
                              I would say that red is definately different and would surely standout. In my opinion, red would not be the way to go, but maybe maroon or burgundy would work.

Be safe,

Hank
                              " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X