X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    $20 budget

When I was back in field I wore a $20.00 budget watch. After losing an expensive on in a scuffle (it was pinched) I swore to only use a cheap watch on duty and let it have 24 hr time too.

Working VIP work, I never wore a watch but used a watch made by SWATCH which had a carabiner attached to it so it could be clipped on anywhere. It was good and if grabbed was not an anchor point for a grapple on my arm. Training security bouncers, a work partner had them under her control due to the amount of jewellery they all needed to wear to impress the girls.

Leave a comment:

• PartTimer
    replied
    I have to also go with the cheap watches, as long as it keeps relatively good time. Even with the cheap digital watches they will also keep military time which is what we use while on duty.

Leave a comment:

• bigdog
    replied
    I bought My last watch from a convenience store and it still works 2 yrs later.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    ...or, you could lay out a few C-notes for the audio recorder watch that the PIMall is selling if you want to be able to record incidents, memos, etc.

NOTE: The NAIS/PIMall is an interesting place to see new products, but a very bad place to buy them pricewise, IMHO. Many of their products are available elsewhere....so once you find something interesting, look for alternative sources.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Unless the company or client is paying for it, most guards will not have a company issued cell phone. Further they may be prohibited from touching or using their personal cell phone, due to "inattention to duty" gimmicks.

But, one thing I've found... Looking at your wrist is usually faster than digging the phone out, flipping it open, looking at the time.

Leave a comment:

• tattedupboy
    replied
    Security guards should carry cell phones while on duty, so, as long the battery stays charged, there really is no need for a wrist watch. Just my $.02

Leave a comment:

• CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    replied
    Watchs

Got it new in box for 12 bucks. Regular retails 55.99 have to love eBay they have many more and it's lasted a year so far . I kill watchs something in my skin plus pretty hard on them.

Leave a comment:

• SHART1971
    replied
    I work in the hospital setting and I wear a G-Shock. It's great!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    New in Box?

Leave a comment:

• CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    replied
    watch

I use S.W.A.T. TACTICAL GEAR DIGITAL WATCH SWAT POLICE NIB.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Cell or $12 Coleman-branded special from Wal Marche...It's been with me for about 4 years now, on patrol at -50* in a blizzard, and drunkenly staggering around Vegas at 115* (the watch was intoxicated, I'm as pure as the driven snow!).

Leave a comment:

• JayP71
    replied
    I get $8 digital, non-metallic watches. I am going to beat it up, why spend any money on it?

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    I usually get timex watches from walmart, they last a long time and only cost about 30-40 bucks

Leave a comment:

• mh892
    replied
    Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    I wear a ten thousand dollar Rolex. One day I was waiting for the bus and this nice little guy approached me and told me how his wife was very sick and needed a transplant and for a mere Twenty bucks I could have his Rolex. Well heck yea I took that deal in a heart beat. It's funny though I didn't know Rolex was made in China. Learn something new every day.
    Thats a good one Chucky. Listen. I have some land for sale in florida. Interested?

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtUSMC8541 View Post
    You wear a uniform? Go G-Shock.
    +1.... can't go wrong with G-Shock

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X