Sam Brown duty belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Brown duty belt

I would like to know if someone using sam brown duty belt here? At our security department we will change for this belt so i would like to know how it for working?

What do you consider a Sam Browne? That term has fallen out of use in the US, generally, and is now simply called a "duty belt."

There's the ancient Sam Browne "style," including the chest strap, and is generally only used for ceremonies, unless your the NJ State Police.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
      What do you consider a Sam Browne? That term has fallen out of use in the US, generally, and is now simply called a "duty belt."

There's the ancient Sam Browne "style," including the chest strap, and is generally only used for ceremonies, unless your the NJ State Police.
      I believe the Vermont State Police also use Sam Browne style belt as well. I could be wrong though.....
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Yep, VSP do, Class A details such as funerals, honor/color guard, etc...

The company I work for, the leather SB style duty belt is standard issue; Which works just as well for me, since I personally prefer the traditional duty belt look as opposed to the nylon, QD buckle style that a lot of companies go for... Nylon... Light? yep... Inexpensive? for the most part... Ability to hold up to extremes regarding moisture, rough use (subject to fraying, etc.)...

Guess I'm just old fashioned, but a true leather duty belt (well maintained and finished), replete with the big shiny buckle, and leather keepers with metal snaps says "Professional" more than a version of the nylon military pistol/web belt set up the same way, particularly if worn with a class A or B uniform...
        Last edited by flashlightcop509; 08-12-2007, 08:30 AM.
        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

I think it says "more traditional" not "more professional"
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

That too...
            “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
            "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X