poll duty ammo for company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poll duty ammo for company

should security company's make mandate that there officer carry the the same manufactured ammo and issued it IE Remington Gold Saber Speer Gold Dot Federal Tactical HST , Winchester Ranger
    I say yes my reasons are as fallowed
    #1 If there is a shooting. The police don't have waste time trying figure out who casing are who's you can just
    say our security officer use and issued Winchester Ranger ammo sir
    #2 as supervisor i have do weapon check make sure there in clean working order they have right type ammo in state Louisiana we can carry 357 mag handguns but it has have 38 cal bullets in it
    #3 If there is Accidentally discharged of a weapon it be hard for officer to try cover it up because the ammo would be harder to find. You can't just walk into a Walmart and get those types on ammo.

all supervisor would need is list that's states who type of weapon and count on how many rounds they been issued. In the case that someone count comes up short the
    1st offence is 50.00 dollar fine for every round missing
    2nd offence 3 day suspended from duty plus 50.00 dollars for every round missing
    3rd offence termination.
    yes
    41.67%
    no
    58.33%
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Originally posted by Sgt koolaid View Post
    should security company's make mandate that there officer carry the the same manufactured ammo and issued it IE Remington Gold Saber Speer Gold Dot Federal Tactical HST , Winchester Ranger
    #1 If there is a shooting. The police don't have waste time trying figure out who casing are who's you can just
    #2 as supervisor i have do weapon check make sure there in clean working order they have right type ammo in state Louisiana we can carry 357 mag handguns but it has have 38 cal bullets in it
    #3 If there is Accidentally discharged of a weapon it be hard for officer to try cover it up because the ammo would be harder to find. You can't just walk into a Walmart and get those types on ammo.

all supervisor would need is list that's states who type of weapon and count on how many rounds they been issued. In the case that someone count comes up short the
    2nd offence 3 day suspended from duty plus 50.00 dollars for every round missing
    3rd offence termination.
    Considering I rotate mags every 3-6 months, you'd be issuing me a lot of ammo.

Also, I can get boxes of all those rounds on the internet. So, what prevents me from taking the "issued ammo" and rotating it out with my own Ranger or Hydra-Shok?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

reply to N. A. Corbier

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
      Considering I rotate mags every 3-6 months, you'd be issuing me a lot of ammo.

Also, I can get boxes of all those rounds on the internet. So, what prevents me from taking the "issued ammo" and rotating it out with my own Ranger or Hydra-Shok?
      This manly for rookie or warm body workers that play with there weapon. So they won't know where go get them.
      The change out ammo should be year max and 6 months at the min. With change out ammo going to training or range time every thing company buys pretty much tax right off.
      If you want go another step put UV ink one the casing for smarties like you if the casing doesn't have the mark you get the fine and so for
      CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

This manly for rookie or warm body workers that play with there weapon.
        If they are playing with them, then the weapons should be taken away.

UV ink would only work for so long too, because all you need is a $1.00 UV lightbulb to find out what the super secret marking is. Here is my opinion... only issue firearms to competent and mature officers, and the problem is solved. If they want to play quick-draw in the mirror, they can do it at home.
        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

reply to davis002

Originally posted by davis002 View Post
          If they are playing with them, then the weapons should be taken away.

UV ink would only work for so long too, because all you need is a $1.00 UV lightbulb to find out what the super secret marking is. Here is my opinion... only issue firearms to competent and mature officers, and the problem is solved. If they want to play quick-draw in the mirror, they can do it at home.
          you wounldn't tell them that there uv marked
          it's like poker you don't show hand right away
          CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Currently in my duty weapon I have Rem. 125 grain jacketed hollowpoints. Soon, I will be staggering between Mag-Safe and Hydra-Shok. So, if the company wants to supply the high-dollar ammo, that suits me fine. If they want to try to issue out standerd hardball ammo, that's gonna be a no-go.
            I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

3rd offence termination.
              First of all, your grammar is atrocious! Please take the time to proofread what you write before you post it. Your failure to proofread this post makes it extremely difficult for me to understand.

Now back to the topic at hand. My boss allows us to carry whatever we want and use whatever ammo we choose. Even though my state does not require it, my boss requires us to make at least a once monthly trip to the range to maintain proficiency with our duty weapons. I carry a 9 mm with 100 gr Corbon Powrball ammo.

Comment

I carry Federal Hydra-Shok ammo in my duty weapon. I will not carry anything else luckily that is what my boss likes to so if he went to issuing ammo than I would not have to switch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Runner View Post
                  Currently in my duty weapon I have Rem. 125 grain jacketed hollowpoints. Soon, I will be staggering between Mag-Safe and Hydra-Shok. So, if the company wants to supply the high-dollar ammo, that suits me fine. If they want to try to issue out standerd hardball ammo, that's gonna be a no-go.
                  Wow...I hope your company doesn't mandate what type of ammo you carry.

One of our guys tried staggering between Hydrashoks and ball for penetration reasons...Now, last I hear, he's working as a greeter at Walmart.

If they say carry it, carry it.

Comment

The way the poll was worded was confusing but if you are asking if the security company should mandate that only issued ammo should be carried by officers and used in duty weapons, then the answer is yes.

Uniformity in ammunition serves several purposes. It ensures that all of the ammo is of a reasonable quality, not reloads done by the officer or the cheapest they could find at K-mart. It also ensures that whatever ammunition is used is of a type authorized by the company and no "special" ammunition is used. This helps to protect the company from potential lawsuits, bad publicity, gun wear/damage, and - of course - officer injury.

I know that many individuals have very strong preferences in ammunition but, in my opinion, it would be a mistake in most cases to allow each individual officer to choose their own ammunition.

Just my 1.5 cents worth.

Dave
                    David Tombleson
                    Executive Security Manager
                    Wy'east Tactical, LLC
                    www.wyeasttactical.com

Comment

Should Company mandate type/quantity of ammunition?

Yes & No...

Yes, for all the reasons previously stated swift crime scene casing id, monitoring of officers hungun activity & ability to share ammunition during a hairy situation...

No, because there will (at some time) be employers who will opt for insufficient/low quality ammunition leaving their armed officers not adequately prepared, in the employers quest to save on the bottom line (budget)
                      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I use Winchester 175 grn silver tips and 135 grn Corbons in the other Mag for my 10mm and just 155 grn silver tips for my .40. My company dose not issue ammo, however, if you work armed for me, before you work I must have the make, model, caliber and what type of ammo you will be carrying. The ammo must be factory loaded. Should I do a site inspection and find any different ammo in a weapon, then the officer will no longer work for me armed!
                        I do not like company issued ammo. Every weapon is different as is every person shooting the weapon. I believe a person should carry a cartridge that they are comfortable with and most accurate with after testing different cartridges on the range. Just my two cents.....
                        "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
                        (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

Our policy states "factory loaded new hollowpoint ammunition" Beyond that it is the officer's choice. I do not believe in forcing an officer to carry a particular ammunition unless it is an issued gun. when I worked a range I saw to many autos (revolvers are another story) that didn't function properly with this ammo or that ammo. But they would work fine with others. If you just give them enough of the ammo for the gun and belt, and none to go function fire, or better yet become thoughly familiar with how the ammo groups out of the officers weapon then that is negligent, and unfortunatly that is what most companies would do. Revolver will work with any good quality ammo, but what kind of groups will you get with this revolver and this ammo. You don't know till you try.
                          "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X