We talked about boots alot how about socks.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    • May 2007

We talked about boots alot how about socks.

what is good pair work socks?
    I find the 5.11 Tactical 6 Inch white Crew Socks Level 1 - COOLMAX. There great they breath well and had good padding for soles my feet plus seem be form fitting so don't get the roll ups in ball of your foot.
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya
  • davis002
    • Nov 2005

Maybe it's just me, but socks are socks... I don't need high-tech socks.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

• PartTimer
      • Aug 2007

I aggree with Davis002. I don't buy tacti-cool socks. I buy a 6 pack of black socks when my socks wear out.

Comment

• UtahProtectionForce
        • Jan 2007

whatever brand wal-mart has in stock, fruit of the loom, hanes what ever 6 pack black
        Its not how we die that counts.....
        Its not how we lived that counts....
        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

• Maelstrom
          • Jul 2007

I wear whatever comes outta' the drawer first, primarily black business type socks though for cold duty work I might consider Holeproof explorer socks
          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

• Chucky
            • Jan 2007

I think that only the military really cares as you need lightweight breathable socks in the jungle to help stop Jungle rot and heavy warm ones in the mountain divisions . DOH! sorry that was not much help was it?
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
            http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

• The Hussard
              • Jul 2007

I always wear two pair of sock even in summer a pair of small sport sock and a pair of wool sock i learn this in the army that wearing two pair of sock it better when you walk a lot

Comment

• Hank1
                • Jul 2007

I wear the standard black calf high sock. Beyond that, nothing special....

Be safe,

Hank
                " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

• dsoul27
                  • Jul 2007

Wow, I use just regular ole socks... black while in uniform of course. I don't think a s/o needs any kind of special sock unless theres a foot problem and the Doctor recommends it.

lol, what kind of socks do you wear?

Comment

• Bern Wheaton
                    • Jul 2007

As long as there socks and dont roll all the way down to my toes I am happy.

Comment

• Maelstrom
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton
                      As long as there socks and dont roll all the way down to my toes I am happy.
                      LOL perhaps you need Holeproof's Computer Socks... designed to fall up, not down
                      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

• craig333
                        • May 2007

5.11 6" Level ll socks. Expensive so I only have a couple pair, but I really can notice the difference compared to when I just wear my regular socks. Its significant.

Comment

• NRM_Oz
                          • Oct 2007

Holeproof Explorers

Like Maelstrom I still swear by these abut I also got some socks sent to me in the USA when I was working there from Hi-Tec. They were good but wore out pretty fast. I think if you find a good brand or wear 2 pairs stick with what works best for you. Some added inner soles can help and I whilst the uniform days are far gone, I still wear my Magnums with the Explorers - can last 16 hours on a bad day.
                          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...