Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We talked about boots alot how about socks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Holeproof Explorers

Like Maelstrom I still swear by these abut I also got some socks sent to me in the USA when I was working there from Hi-Tec. They were good but wore out pretty fast. I think if you find a good brand or wear 2 pairs stick with what works best for you. Some added inner soles can help and I whilst the uniform days are far gone, I still wear my Magnums with the Explorers - can last 16 hours on a bad day.

Leave a comment:

• craig333
    replied
    5.11 6" Level ll socks. Expensive so I only have a couple pair, but I really can notice the difference compared to when I just wear my regular socks. Its significant.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
    As long as there socks and dont roll all the way down to my toes I am happy.
    LOL perhaps you need Holeproof's Computer Socks... designed to fall up, not down

Leave a comment:

• Bern Wheaton
    replied
    As long as there socks and dont roll all the way down to my toes I am happy.

Leave a comment:

• dsoul27
    replied
    Wow, I use just regular ole socks... black while in uniform of course. I don't think a s/o needs any kind of special sock unless theres a foot problem and the Doctor recommends it.

lol, what kind of socks do you wear?

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    I wear the standard black calf high sock. Beyond that, nothing special....

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• The Hussard
    replied
    I always wear two pair of sock even in summer a pair of small sport sock and a pair of wool sock i learn this in the army that wearing two pair of sock it better when you walk a lot

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    I think that only the military really cares as you need lightweight breathable socks in the jungle to help stop Jungle rot and heavy warm ones in the mountain divisions . DOH! sorry that was not much help was it?

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    I wear whatever comes outta' the drawer first, primarily black business type socks though for cold duty work I might consider Holeproof explorer socks

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    whatever brand wal-mart has in stock, fruit of the loom, hanes what ever 6 pack black

Leave a comment:

• PartTimer
    replied
    I aggree with Davis002. I don't buy tacti-cool socks. I buy a 6 pack of black socks when my socks wear out.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Maybe it's just me, but socks are socks... I don't need high-tech socks.

Leave a comment:

• We talked about boots alot how about socks.

what is good pair work socks?
    I find the 5.11 Tactical 6 Inch white Crew Socks Level 1 - COOLMAX. There great they breath well and had good padding for soles my feet plus seem be form fitting so don't get the roll ups in ball of your foot.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X