duty belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duty belts

When it comes to duty belts, is there really a difference between them (excluding the buckle type or width/length), or are they all pretty much the same?

I'm looking to replace my current duty belt (Safariland 4306) with another nylon belt as I've undergrown the belt I currently have. I'm looking at the Safariland 4302 as a replacement due to it's flex-cuff channels, which brings ease to my "what if" scenarios. Any thoughts?

I have the 1half leather duty belt worn with a inner belt with velcro. Two good belts.
    Originally posted by Just_Some_Guy View Post
    When it comes to duty belts, is there really a difference between them (excluding the buckle type or width/length), or are they all pretty much the same?

I'm looking to replace my current duty belt (Safariland 4306) with another nylon belt as I've undergrown the belt I currently have. I'm looking at the Safariland 4302 as a replacement due to it's flex-cuff channels, which brings ease to my "what if" scenarios. Any thoughts?
    ]

Comment

I am not a fan of nylon duty rigs myself. I prefer the Uncle Mike's Mirage (Basketweave). I wear the Class A and Class B type uniforms and wear BDUs for those special ocassions! LOL!

Be safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

While I dislike the styling of Uncle Mikes, I might consider wearing Mirage in basketweave. Honestly, though, I'd rather wear Accumold Elite, mainly cause I like how the cases are molded and you don't fight your OC or baton to get it out.

Of course, the holster is Safariland no matter the rig, or maybe a Level 2 Serpa.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
          While I dislike the styling of Uncle Mikes, I might consider wearing Mirage in basketweave. Honestly, though, I'd rather wear Accumold Elite, mainly cause I like how the cases are molded and you don't fight your OC or baton to get it out.

Of course, the holster is Safariland no matter the rig, or maybe a Level 2 Serpa.
          Accumold is excellent! One reason I prefer Mirage gear is the ease in which it can be cleaned! Most often, black liquid shoe polish is all that is needed. Nylon seems to get dirt quicker and easier and due to the heat/humidity, it gets wet and holds an odor! Like I said in a earler post (different topic), I am a big guy!
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

I use Bianchi Accumold Elite in basket weave. These are almost indestructible. My belt is a Sam Brown style.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
              Accumold is excellent! One reason I prefer Mirage gear is the ease in which it can be cleaned! Most often, black liquid shoe polish is all that is needed. Nylon seems to get dirt quicker and easier and due to the heat/humidity, it gets wet and holds an odor! Like I said in a earler post (different topic), I am a big guy!
              I wore accumold, and would replace everything every few years when it turned from black to "grey." I might of been able to throw it in the washer, but I didn't trust it.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Ironskull View Post
                I use Bianchi Accumold Elite in basket weave. These are almost indestructible. My belt is a Sam Brown style.

Jack
                I was not aware that Bianchi made accumold in basketweave.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                  I was not aware that Bianchi made accumold in basketweave.
                  Ahhh, but they DO..

http://www.galls.com/style.html?asso...og&style=NP364
                  Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                  Originally posted by ValleyOne
                  BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                  Shoulda called in sick.
                  Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Just_Some_Guy View Post
                    Aren't those Nylon belts adjustable inwards?

Hmmm... I just looked at the 4302 @ < $30.00 USD why hesitate? those flexible cuff (aka zip-tie) channels look handy
                    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Currently wearing accumold elite in basket weave. I used to wear real leather. I used it for years. Personally I have always thought that regular nylon looked cheap and tacky. Just my opinion though.
                      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X