No announcement yet.

What kind of handgun do you carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use a cheap Comanche II .38 special revolver.

Comment

• i not too fond of revolver's but if i ever got one it definitely have to be .38 special snub nose
      Brandon Shuler

Comment

• Originally posted by flfd138 View Post
        i not too fond of revolver's but if i ever got one it definitely have to be .38 special snub nose

I prefer a semi auto myself, but the plus for revolvers in general are reduced need for maintainance and reliability (ever hear of someone's revolver jamming?)

The reason I have one right now is I am just starting in armed security, didn't have money for something I really wanted, so I traded my guitar for this one so I can work until I can afford something like a S&W M&P .40

Comment

• i totally understand what your saying hell that's what i might end up having to do especially with the economy the way it is
          Brandon Shuler

Comment

• Wether working security or reserving at the PD, my gear is the same.

SIG P-226 .357sig cal
            S&W 642
            Rem 870

Comment

• Another proud Sig owner...

I carry a 9mm Sig 226, loaded 15 rounds plus 2 15 round magazines on my duty belt in a two mag case. I carry my Sig in a Level II Serpa Blackhawk drop-holster. If Florida would allow it, I would carry a .45 Sig 220, instead. For some odd reason, a few ignoramuses got together and decided that .38s, .357s loaded with .38 ammo or 9mm is the best thing for security to carry. Obviously, no one bothered to ask any one with any knowledge of penetration power their opinion when deciding what security should carry in this state. I suppose once an innocent bystander is actually hurt from an expended round that has passed through a bad guy, they'll re-think a few things.
              "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

• With rare exception in the State of Florida Security is limited to .38 special, .380 acp and 9x19mm.

I carry an Older (west german) Sig P226 in 9mm if I'm working.
                www.securityinstructor.net

Comment

• I approve of the last coupla choices!!

Comment

• I can't carry at work till I'm 25 per company policy. But I own a glock 23 and glock 26 for backup/ personal defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Security_Instructor View Post
                      With rare exception in the State of Florida Security is limited to .38 special, .380 acp and 9x19mm.
                      .38, .357 with .38 rounds, or 9mm or .380, yes. According to FS 493. The exception that I have seen are those officers that don't fall under FS 493 such as security officers employed by a government agency. They are allowed to carry whatever the governmental agency authorizes. The security officers at the Federal Courthouse in West Palm Beach carry .40's. The officers that work at the Coast Guard station can carry .40's or .45's.
                      "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

• My Kimber Stainless II .45ACP in a Safariland 070 or my Glock 19 9mm in a Blackhawk Serpa.

A Sig P226 in .357 sig may not be far behind.
                        California Armed Security Guard
                        http://www.casecurityofficer.org/

Comment

• • S&W® 4" barrel 686 357 Magnum - Uniformed carry
                          • Taurus® 2¼" barrel 617 357 Magnum - Plain clothes carry & EDC
                          • Taurus® 2" barrel 85 38 Special - BUG
                          • Mossberg® 500 Shotgun
                          Last edited by dawei; 05-17-2009, 07:38 PM.
                          David
                          Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
                          1. Jesus Christ
                          2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine
                          One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4given

sigpic

Comment

• Oh, I have a pretty gun. Silver metal, white handgrips, and you put these little rolls of red paper in there that make it go "bang bang" when you pull the trigger! I used to have a cute gun that you got to fill with water, but they took it away from me, because it kept leaking, and they kept thinking I had an accident in my pants!

My past duty weapons have included a S&W Mod. 28 .357 Mag., Colt Trooper .357 Mag, S&W Mod. 66 .357 Mag, Excam BTA 90 9mm 12 shot, and a Taurus P66 .357. Also had a Charter Arms .38 Special for a little while I carried off duty and a couple of times for plainclothes work, and one agency I worked for was big on shotguns(Remington 870). I also had my own police shotgun for a while(Mossberg 500 8 shot), but had to sell it when I hit a financial crisis.
                            Never make a drummer mad; we beat things for a living!

Comment

• I carry a Glock 20, 10mm. Only two mags, one in and a spare, both 15 round cap. I really figure, if I need more than that I should already be looking for an escape route and going to a safer location until back up shows. I have both a level 3 and a fobus paddle holster. Be safe yall
                              "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
                              (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMetalWolf View Post
                                I carry a Glock 20, 10mm. Only two mags, one in and a spare, both 15 round cap. I really figure, if I need more than that I should already be looking for an escape route and going to a safer location until back up shows. I have both a level 3 and a fobus paddle holster. Be safe yall
                                Good choice! Can't beat a 10mm. Too bad I can't find a security academy that will allow me to put 10mm on my permit.
                                California Armed Security Guard
                                http://www.casecurityofficer.org/

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X