No announcement yet.

What kind of handgun do you carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I carry a Glock 30 in a Fobus Roto holster. I carry 2 additional magazines for a total of 34 rounds of .45 ACP (10+1 in the firearm, 1 10 rnd G30 mag, and 1 13rnd G21 mag).

This happens to be my personal weapon and I carry it on a daily basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by tanko View Post
      Beretta is a very nice gun if I do say so myself

Having an additional two magazines is not over the top in my opinion. I've seen one police officer carry eight magazines, in adddition to the one in his pistol, for his Sig .45 cal. I asked him why he had so much ammo and his response was, "Fourty-five minute minimum response time."
      8 mags X 8 rounds each = 64 rounds of .45 cal. Don't know if I would want to wear his duty belt all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarMan_Florida View Post
        I do armed security duty for the Waukenhut company and we use S&W and Taurus revolvers.
        Knew a guy that worked an armed Hospital account for Wackenhut. Carried the .38 with round nose lead bullets.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasontaz View Post
          Beretta 92 9m 1 19 +1 and 2 19 mag i know over kill but nice to have it **** hit's the fan lol
          Just curious. Are those extended mags? I have a 92 and never saw anything more than 15 round mags. Where did you get them?

Comment

• Taurus PT99 9mm (Beretta Vertec clone). 48 Rounds total.
            17+1 & two 15 round mags.

Comment

• this the my baby!
              Attached Files

Comment

• i do not know. my dad got them for me at a show. i have like 20 of them if you would you can PM and if you looking for some maybe i can help you out

Comment

• this is the one that is on me all the time when not at work.
                  it is a 25
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
                    I have never had a Glock do anything but jam up on me. I use the factory mags and usually use Wolf Gold (I know, not the best, but I use it in every gun I can). I use the same quality in all my weapons. I have more jams out of the Glock I finally sold.

The Beretta, on the other hand, seems to be inexplicably inaccurate. I have never had the kind of trouble getting on point that I have with that gun. I cannot see how, after a year of shooting it, it could still be something wrong with me. I shoot almost weekly.

Like I said (and you directly quoted) my experience has been that they are junk, but I am sure that not all of them are junk.
                    Well, maybe, just maybe, you don't know how to shoot. I have owned and shot Glocks and Berettas for many years. I have never had a failure (not one) with either. Does that say something about your own technique? You are calling two of the most popular and reliable handguns in the world junk. You admit you are shooting that greasy Russian crap and blame the gun. Please take your medication.

Comment

• Springfield XD9 Service bi-tone with TFO sights in a bianchi accumold defender holster

Comment

• Glock 17 with night sights.

Comment

• I think my best bet will be to go to a range and test fire a variety of pistols to see what i really want how ever i really like the looks of the Px4 storm F .40 cal
                          Brandon Shuler

Comment

• I strongly recommend the Glock 19 for you, Brandon. Moderate trigger pull, compact, good magazine capacity, easy to wield (no manual safety) and parts and accessories are very easy to find.
                            ...Men have less scruple in offending one who is beloved than one who is feared, for love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.

-Machiavelli

www.victoriousopposition.com

Comment

• Deleted response so I don't have to spell it out in crayon...

Comment

• I must admit i do like how the glocks can take such abuse and still be able to shoot an emence amount of rounds although i do kinda like the manual safety but that's just me
                                Last edited by flfd138; 04-02-2009, 12:52 AM.
                                Brandon Shuler

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X