No announcement yet.

What kind of handgun do you carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used Uncle Mikes for the past 5 years. I still use some of the original gear that I purchased in 2003 to this day (it's optional gear for us if we don't want leather although we have to pay for it ourselves). I love it.
    Washington DC

Comment

I'm not currently working armed, but I have a Walther P99QA (9mm) with an Uncle Mike's level 3 holster for uniformed work. My last armed job was plainclothes, so I used an Uncle Mike's Kydex holster for that.

As for the weapon, I'll probably trade it in for a Sig or a Glock if I decide to work armed again. It's a good pistol, but the trigger pull is far too heavy for my liking.

Remember that firearms purchases for duty are tax-deductible!
      ...Men have less scruple in offending one who is beloved than one who is feared, for love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.

-Machiavelli

www.victoriousopposition.com

Comment

Brand new Glock G17 and Blackhawk Serpa CQC.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe in Fl View Post
          Glock 17 2 17rd mags in a safariland raptor.
          Long gun HK G36E 2 30rd mags. All Gov't supplied.
          Contract security in Fl for gov't agencies (3) all under one contract.
          The above are used when on land, when on water Glock and M60 machine gun.
          Boat is Zodiac Hurricane 33 footer M60 mounted in rear. Crew consists of Captain of Boat and Gunner. We cover some very high profile assets.
          Joe

Off topic, but can I come and play?????

Comment

Sig Sauer P229 .40, Blackhawk level 3 duty holster.
            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger45 View Post
              Off topic, but can I come and play?????
              already talked to him,no openings. u get my pm expect by friday?
              THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

I have some Uncle Mikes holsters and have never had trouble with them. I even use one in competition because it is easier to draw from than my Kydex. My CCW holster is Uncle Mikes. The only holster I have had fall apart is a Bull Dog.
                Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Mostly my SIG P-226 in .357sig Non-railed, as it is what I carry and qualify as a reserve police officer. On occaison I'll carry my Colt Gov't .45 or GLOCK 19 2nd gen. if I work without the belt.

Ammo carried is: 357sig- Winchester Ranger T 125grn.
                  9mm-Winchester Ranger T 127 grn +P+
                  .45 ACP Federal 230 grn. HST

Comment

Type of sidearm

I do armed security duty for the Waukenhut company and we use S&W and Taurus revolvers.

Comment

• Beretta 92 9m 1 19 +1 and 2 19 mag i know over kill but nice to have it **** hit's the fan lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jasontaz View Post
                        Beretta 92 9m 1 19 +1 and 2 19 mag i know over kill but nice to have it **** hit's the fan lol
                        Beretta is a very nice gun if I do say so myself

Having an additional two magazines is not over the top in my opinion. I've seen one police officer carry eight magazines, in adddition to the one in his pistol, for his Sig .45 cal. I asked him why he had so much ammo and his response was, "Fourty-five minute minimum response time."
                        sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

• Forty-Five minute backup rates an M4 to me.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                            Forty-Five minute backup rates an M4 to me.
                            From his patrol rig, I could see an M16 and shotgun as well. I'm sure he had many other toys in the trunk of his patrol rig.
                            sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

• Glock 19 with 2 extra mags with Federal HST 147Gn +p.
                              California Armed Security Guard
                              http://www.casecurityofficer.org/

Comment

• Taurus .38 model 83 four inch. Sigh, thing weighs like a old hog leg .44 and is as accurate as a water pistol in a hurricane.
                                My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X