No announcement yet.

What kind of handgun do you carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carry the Safariland holster for my Springfield XD40 I have the hood guard and the sentry guard. It takes some getting use to to draw quickly as you have to use your thumb to release both mechanisms. I got mines from tactical deals ( a friends shop ) since it was hard for me to find the holster at any local store.

Comment

Wow, it's hard to believe that this thread is now over a year old. Is that a Security Info Watch record?

Comment

I am assigned to Installation Entry Access control at a Military Facility. Having said this I am required to carry the Beretta M9 / 30rds issued. I carry this in a Safariland level 3. We often do Vehicle inspections and use mirrors. So Weapon retention is also very important. It all works. Personally, my Sig 228 would be my choice of Duty carry.

Comment

Is it contract private or are you employed with the civilian branch of the military?

Yes Safariland Level 3 holster is a really good choice in my opinion if you want to go for weapon retention.

Over a Beretta M9, I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to switch to Sig. Oh boy, I hope I don't stir the pot for another year with this comment.

Originally posted by magneton44 View Post
          I am assigned to Installation Entry Access control at a Military Facility. Having said this I am required to carry the Beretta M9 / 30rds issued. I carry this in a Safariland level 3. We often do Vehicle inspections and use mirrors. So Weapon retention is also very important. It all works. Personally, my Sig 228 would be my choice of Duty carry.

sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

I just purchased a XD 45 for duty carry and I just need to purchase the Serpa duty holster.

Also with the 2 spare mags.

Comment

Glock gear

Glock 19, 9mm, TruGlow fiber optic sights, G17 spare mag. Glock sport combat holster, modified. Two Glock mag; pouches, first one on off side has the G17 Magazine, second a G2 Surefire. Pistol loaded to capacity 16 rounds, spare mag; 17 rounds.

All very compact, and light. Two pistols, carry is a new G19 with factory 5lb trigger, black, Match pistol has green frame, same trigger and sights.

Very close to body fit, not often seen by the customers on the Diamond Store job (Black belt, shirt, pants, pistol) now back as patrol in marked Jeep, very comfortable for all day (night) carry. Compete in IDPA, shoot a few hundred rounds a month. Same holster for work, match, and concealed carry.

Carry rounds 127g +P+ WW Ranger. Match and practice rounds 115g Hard Ball, professional reloads, no malfunctions, none, pistol's or ammunition.

That got bigger than I thought!

Comment

Glock 17 2 17rd mags in a safariland raptor.
                Long gun HK G36E 2 30rd mags. All Gov't supplied.
                Contract security in Fl for gov't agencies (3) all under one contract.
                The above are used when on land, when on water Glock and M60 machine gun.
                Boat is Zodiac Hurricane 33 footer M60 mounted in rear. Crew consists of Captain of Boat and Gunner. We cover some very high profile assets.
                Joe

Comment

Wouldn't a Springfield M1911A1 be better for when on water? One of their tests is that it must be able to function under water, not that it is recomended. I can't find the video but it is pretty cool to see.

I don't have an on duty weapon because it is against policy but off duty I either carry this in .45 with 1 extra 8 rd mag or carry a small Skyy CPX-1 10+1 rds without extra mag, depending on wardrobe. If we ever do go armed though the .45 is what I want to carry. I use it in competition so I am pretty comfortable with it, albeit my competition holster is only level 1 retention.

For carry I always use Federal Hydrashocks in either weapon.
                  Last edited by buck; 09-14-2008, 11:01 PM. Reason: add ammo
                  Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

On transports a S&W 357 Revolver, but Inside the compound:
                    sigpic
                    DnT Designs
                    Click Here
                    =======================================
                    Views or opinions presented in this FORUM POSTING are solely those of the author.
                    Check out DnT Designs, tons of items for those that protect the public!

Comment

I have been gathering duty weapons for many years, so I have quite a few. Lately, I've been carrying the SW M&P in .45 ACP on plainclothes duty. I use my Ruger P345 in my open-carry duty belt. When it cools off I usually go with the Beretta Vertec 9mm or the P345 in shoulder rigs. For low-light ops I go with the SW M&P .45, the P345, or the Vertec with sure-fire weapon light.

For concealed carry off-duty or when doing PI work I sometimes carry the HK P7 or a Glock 36. I usually pack a Sig P6 9mm in my briefcase.

I pack on a daily basis, so comfort and ease of carry are important. Also, the situation often dictates which weapon I carry.

Comment

On Hospital Runs/Transport... S&W .38, and maybe Remington Tac Stock 870.
                        Mobile... S&W .38, and .223 Mini-14.
                        Inside... Radio, Pen, and God
                        "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Browning HiPower .40, and working on getting a safariland SRS holster for it.
                          http://www.copquest.com/23-1050.htm

Comment

Glock 17.. Blackhawk holster.

Comment

Gun is the same for on and off duty carry -

Beretta 96D Centurion, .40 caliber, used, about 15-20 years old or so, solid workhorse.

On duty - Nylon - Uncle Mike's Pro-2 holster
                              On duty - Leather - Uncle Mike's Pro-2 Mirage holster
                              On duty - Casual - Brown - JBP leather with thumb break
                              On duty - Casual - Black - Uncle Mike's Sidekick Kydex level 1 paddleback
                              Off duty - Uncle Mike's IWB
                              On or Off Duty - Suit - Dutyman black leather shoulder holster w/dual mag case

Used to have a Smith & Wesson 3913 compact 9mm in brushed stainless that I carried off duty, but gave it to my Dad for a CCW.

Comment

Originally posted by MSEA_Director_101 View Post
                                Gun is the same for on and off duty carry -

Beretta 96D Centurion, .40 caliber, used, about 15-20 years old or so, solid workhorse.

On duty - Nylon - Uncle Mike's Pro-2 holster
                                On duty - Leather - Uncle Mike's Pro-2 Mirage holster
                                On duty - Casual - Brown - JBP leather with thumb break
                                On duty - Casual - Black - Uncle Mike's Sidekick Kydex level 1 paddleback
                                Off duty - Uncle Mike's IWB
                                On or Off Duty - Suit - Dutyman black leather shoulder holster w/dual mag case

Used to have a Smith & Wesson 3913 compact 9mm in brushed stainless that I carried off duty, but gave it to my Dad for a CCW.
                                I wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything from Uncle Mike's. Actually, if I had my weapon in an Uncle Mike's holster, I would be dead! They are cheaply made and fall apart under normal wear. Uncle Mike's is good for airsoft gamers and nothing else.
                                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X