What kind of handgun do you carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpecialAgentKC View Post
    For what it's worth: I carry the XD45. I own and use this holster at several of my jobs.... It's a durable, reliable option and is a very fast draw as compared to other Level III designs I've employed. Good luck with whatever choice. --K.
    Yeah, they are good holsters. I love mine. Remember, you can always get the hood and sentry guard pre-installed and remove it later if you're uneasy about the level three option.
    sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

Firearms

We do not and are not permitted to carry weapons of any type on our steel plant property.

Comment

Originally posted by tanko View Post
        Yeah, they are good holsters. I love mine. Remember, you can always get the hood and sentry guard pre-installed and remove it later if you're uneasy about the level three option.
        I've heard about the Safariland holsters with the hood and sentry guard. I still don't know what a Sentry guard is. Can anyone tell me?

Comment

What kind of handgun do you carry?

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
          I've heard about the Safariland holsters with the hood and sentry guard. I still don't know what a Sentry guard is. Can anyone tell me?
          Your clearance isn't high enough. Just joking sentry guard is like a thump break but doesn't break it flips forward. If I'm wrong sure someone will point it out.
          CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Glock 19. 15+1 and 2 additional 15 round mags

Comment

Smith & Wesson

I carry for duty a S&W 1911 in a Blackhawk CQC holster. Until I can get more money saved for a level 3 retention.

I also carry my 1911 for personal protection.

Also with 2 spare mags.

Comment

Duty Weapon

I carry a Springfield Armory XD9 (9mm) with three magazines, 16 rounds each.
                Weapon, duty gear supplied by me not company.
                "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

Comment

Originally posted by CAPTAIN KOOLAID View Post
                  Your clearance isn't high enough. Just joking sentry guard is like a thump break but doesn't break it flips forward. If I'm wrong sure someone will point it out.
                  I saw the youtube video demonstrating the safariland holster, level IV, with the sentry guard. Actually the sentry guard is what keeps the rotating hood from moving forward. The sentry guard has to be moved to the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by zjimbur View Post
                    I carry a Springfield Armory XD9 (9mm) with three magazines, 16 rounds each.
                    Weapon, duty gear supplied by me not company.
                    That's 48 rounds! What are you protecting?
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                      That's 48 rounds! What are you protecting?
                      One magazine in the weapon and two spare magazines are pretty standard. Not only do you need extra magazines for the extra ammunition, but also to give you additional options if you have a magazine failure.
                      Washington DC

Comment

Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
                        One magazine in the weapon and two spare magazines are pretty standard. Not only do you need extra magazines for the extra ammunition, but also to give you additional options if you have a magazine failure.
                        Thanks. With my very very limited firearms experience (9mm & 38s once on the shooting range during my Police Technology days & a few times a year with 22 rifles as a Boy Scout) I never thought about a magazine failure.
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
                          I agree. I have one round in the chamber, one 15-round magazine in my gun (a Glock 22) and 2 additional 15-round magazines for a total of 46 rounds.

Comment

48 Rounds

I carry 48 rounds because that is SOP for my company. I work in a high crime area, and gang iniation rituals are for ambush murder.
                            "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

Comment

Originally posted by zjimbur View Post
                              I carry 48 rounds because that is SOP for my company. I work in a high crime area, and gang iniation rituals are for ambush murder.
                              The only unfortunate part is the fact that if you are involved in an ambush you have very little time to react. Let alone pop off 48 rounds. What level holster do you carry? That can also have a large impact on response time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney View Post
                                The only unfortunate part is the fact that if you are involved in an ambush you have very little time to react. Let alone pop off 48 rounds. What level holster do you carry? That can also have a large impact on response time.
                                So what happens if he pops off one round and he hears a click click? He racks the round and he still hears a click click? Well you should already be dropping the magazine and starting a reload. Although rare, magazine failure is a far more important reason for carrying multiple magazines than needing 48 or 52 rounds.
                                Washington DC

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X