What kind of handgun do you carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taurus 82 .38 with 12 on the belt.
    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

I carry a Springfield XD-40 Service Model, with 3 13 round Magazines, that’s right you read it 13 not 12, cause I have broken in my magazines they can hold 13 rounds now. I carry it in a Bianchi Accumold Defender Duty Holster Size 13 A.

Last edited by jperez; 06-16-2008, 04:30 AM. Reason: Update Photo, and holster size
      "When seconds count, Police are only minutes away!"
      "There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes"

Comment

Originally posted by jperez View Post
        I carry a Springfield XD-40 Service Model, with 3 13 round Magazines, that’s right you read it 13 not 12, cause I have broken in my magazines they can hold 13 rounds now. I carry it in a Bianchi Accumold Defender Duty Holster Size 13 B.

Jperez, please tell me that the FMJs that are shown in the picture with your weapon are just there for show, and that you don't use these as your duty ammo?

Comment

Yes they are for show, i carry 180 gr. Federal Hydra Shok for duty.
          Last edited by jperez; 06-15-2008, 04:23 PM.
          "There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes"

Comment

Yes they are for show, i carry 180 gr. Federal Hydra Shok for duty.

Whew!!! That's a load off my mind

Comment

jperez,

Is that a level 2 holster or a level 1 I cant seem to find a suitable duty holster for my xd 45, I read on the xd forum that safariland makes 2 level 2s thats it. I didnt know that bianchi made one at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ctbgpo View Post
                jperez,

Is that a level 2 holster or a level 1 I cant seem to find a suitable duty holster for my xd 45, I read on the xd forum that safariland makes 2 level 2s thats it. I didnt know that bianchi made one at all.
                http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...erial=AccuMold
                here list all bianchi has for xd
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

jperez,

Safariland also makes level 3 holsters for Springfield XD. Essentially they are a level two but with a hood and sentry guard.
                  sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

jperez,

The holster is a Bianchi Model 7120 AccuMold Defender Duty Holster Size 13 A

I believe it is a Level 2, not sure, the website dose not rate the level of this holster. It has a traditional thumb break with a Pinch Retention Device (PRD) that pinches the front of the trigger guard.

I went to my local uniform store with my XD-40 to try out duty holsters. I went with the intension of buying the Model 7115 AccuMold Vanguard duty holster. After trying it out I did not like it because it only relied on the thumb break to secure my XD. So I tried out other Holsters and found the Model 7120 AccuMold Defender fit better and it had PRD. It was hard putting in my XD and drawing it out, but after a week it broke in just fine.

I even had my friend try to pull my XD out with the thumb break off, and it was very difficult for them, they had to struggle with it for a bit, the only way it draws out is if you straight upwards. If you notice the holster looks like it can possibly fit the 5” Tactical model, but I have no way of testing this out cause I don’t have one just to see.

Hope this info helps you out, I had a hell of a time trying to find the right holster, and I almost gave up and was going to order the Safariland Level 2 just because I could not find any info on holsters for the XD. I was look at the Uncle Mikes also, But I’m glad I got this cause now all my gear matches.

Comment

Originally posted by tanko View Post
                      Safariland also makes level 3 holsters for Springfield XD. Essentially they are a level two but with a hood and sentry guard.
                      The Safariland Holsters look good, but the level 3 just seam like to many thing to do before you and get your side arm into action. I like things to be a bit simpler, I don’t need a level 3, I work indoors at the local Tax Revenue building.

Beside that, I know of a female LEO who was killed because she could not get her sidearm into the fight because her baton or cuff case obstructed one of the release mechanisms on her holster. From the dash cam audio I think that the officer had like 3 – 5 seconds to draw her sidearm, the subject took like 3.5 seconds to fire after he pulled out his gun. His first round missed her but the second got her in the neck. The subject went around the patrol vehicle and shot her again.

I’m just kind of paranoid about that, not being able to get my gun out. I’m also a firm believer of the term KISS, with we used in the army all the time….. Keep It Simple Stupid. That’s kind of why I went with the holster I went with because it simple, but at then same time it has passive retention on the trigger guard.

Comment

Just my 2 cents: Are you sure that this holster, with its closed muzzle, is a good choice? Sure, it fits your firearm well and provides good retention, but the problem with closed muzzles is that any debris that gets inside stays inside, unlike with open muzzle holsters, where the debris simply falls through.

Comment

The Safariland Holsters look good, but the level 3 just seam like to many thing to do before you and get your side arm into action. I like things to be a bit simpler, I don’t need a level 3, I work indoors at the local Tax Revenue building.

Beside that, I know of a female LEO who was killed because she could not get her sidearm into the fight because her baton or cuff case obstructed one of the release mechanisms on her holster. From the dash cam audio I think that the officer had like 3 – 5 seconds to draw her sidearm, the subject took like 3.5 seconds to fire after he pulled out his gun. His first round missed her but the second got her in the neck. The subject went around the patrol vehicle and shot her again.

I’m just kind of paranoid about that, not being able to get my gun out. I’m also a firm believer of the term KISS, with we used in the army all the time….. Keep It Simple Stupid. That’s kind of why I went with the holster I went with because it simple, but at then same time it has passive retention on the trigger guard.
                          That is an unfortunate story involving the female LEO. A good rulr of thumb is to not have anything near the pistol.

Safety lecture aside, I carry the Springfield XD40 4" Service Model. I use the BlackHawk CQC Level II holster linked below. It's got an adjustable screw detent and the SERPA trigger guard lock. Not only is it great for duty, but it has an interchangeable paddle/belt slide platform that makes it extremely versatile. It's KISS-friendly, as it uses your natural draw motion and keeps your finger indexed when you clear your weapon.

Most of what we call management consists of making it difficult for people to get their work done.
                          -- Peter Drucker

Comment

That's unfortunate. I believe that a good Level III holster that has a lightning fast draw is the Serpa Level III, which I use for my Glock 22.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=44H1&C=C2096

Because it uses the natural drawing motion, the draw is quick and natural, while making it extremely difficult for anyone trying to grab your weapon. I've had five different people try to remove my gun from its holster, and no one has been able to yet.

Comment

Thanks to All for the responses. I do like the Serpa, I just figure for the money get a level 3. I mean heck its only my life. I emailed blackhawk to see if they would be making a level 3 for the xd45 as that system looks awsome to me Level 2 upon reholstering makes me happy. I also looked at the Bladetech, level 2. Yet to find one, I may just go with the safariland, as they have been tried and true to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tanko View Post
                                For what it's worth: I carry the XD45. I own and use this holster at several of my jobs.... It's a durable, reliable option and is a very fast draw as compared to other Level III designs I've employed. Good luck with whatever choice. --K.
                                Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X