No announcement yet.

What kind of handgun do you carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig P-226 in .40 cal w/ 2 12 round mags.

Comment

Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
      There is nothing wrong with using Hi Points for duty work. Yes, the manufacturer is pretty hit and miss on quality, but the guns, for the most part, get the job done. Anyone could say, for any number of reasons, that "carrying xxxxx gun is ridiculous for duty carry", but they'd be wrong and pretty much look stoopid. It's all a matter of preference, price, and comfort. I carried a HP when I started because it was what I could afford.
      I agree that he could have said it better, but he is right. I am a firearms instructor and have NEVER seen a Hi Point complete a course of fire.

If that is all you can afford you would be better served with a used S&W revolver.
      Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Comment

I don't work in uniform anymore, but as a Texas PPO (armed plainclothes bodyguard) I currently carry either a Kimber Custom (full sized) CPD or a Desert Warrior with a surefire light.

I have carried the Beretta 92 (15 years) and the HK USP .40. I have never owned a Glock. They don't "feel right" to me. But I have shot the heck out several of them and would have no problem carrying one if I was issued one.

As a PPO, if I drive I carry in a shoulder holster and carry a backup on my right hip. If I am not driving then I carry only one my right hip.

Depending on the threat assessment I might carry inside the waistband or outside. All holsters at least have a retention strap. I started shooting when I was about 12, and carried a revolver when I was first a LEO. Since I am so ancient I prefer leather holsters.

Off duty I carry the CPD.

On duty two extra mags and off duty one.
        Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
          There is nothing wrong with using Hi Points for duty work. Yes, the manufacturer is pretty hit and miss on quality, but the guns, for the most part, get the job done.
          IMO, I wouldn't carry anything that's "hit and miss", that's just me though, opinions vary.

Comment

Originally posted by AZInterceptor View Post
            IMO, I wouldn't carry anything that's "hit and miss", that's just me though, opinions vary.
            What I mean is some are great, others are not. I have one that fell apart at the range and another that has never let me down...I keep meaning to investigate the numbers and see if it is a batching issue...

Comment

Spring Field XD40 4" service model. with 2 spare 10 rd mags. All hp.
              Last edited by sytfu_top_flite; 05-30-2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Many of you may remember back when I started this thread in July that I was carrying a Hi Point C9. Of course some of you ridiculed me, rightfully so. Well, all of you will be happy to know that I recently upgraded to a Glock 22. Next, I'm in the market for a Blackhawk Serpa Level III holster, which I should be picking up sometime in the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                  Many of you may remember back when I started this thread in July that I was carrying a Hi Point C9. Of course some of you ridiculed me, rightfully so. Well, all of you will be happy to know that I recently upgraded to a Glock 22. Next, I'm in the market for a Blackhawk Serpa Level III holster, which I should be picking up sometime in the next week.
                  I am very happy to hear that you upgraded to the glock but from experience I am going to suggest that you do not go with the serpa. It is a great holster as far as speed of draw but I have seen 2 of them break out of the 3 that I have seen total. One was a sheriff's deputy that I know that was in a foot pursuit and slipped around a corner. Landed on the holster got up and took off running again but then realized he had left his gun behind. The holster had split straight up the middle. Also the serpa hangs down a little bit too far for me. I know it is all about preference but if you are still in the market I would also look at the safariland raptor. It is what I carry now and the thing is strong as can possibly be. Upon holstering without locking the SLS hood it is already a level 2, the hood adds the 3rd level. It takes a few days to really get used to but no one is ever going to take your gun out unless you show them how to do it.

Comment

Sig P220 with raised fiber optic night sights with a L3 Raptor holster. Or as I tell people at work... I've got a Sig & Wesson Model 1191 chambered in the 43 magnum.
                    Last edited by TakRail; 06-04-2008, 03:47 PM.

Send all complaints to my supervisors... 1-888-382-5633. Just ask for Stew Pedashol or Idat Gevasheet.

O
                    O
                    o
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by sytfu_top_flite View Post
                      Spring Field XD40 4" service model. with 2 spare 10 rd mags. All hp.
                      Springfield XD 40 4", I own one (wearing it right now) and it's served me quite well. It's sad that you can't have the 12 round magazines (and an extra round in the chamber) like I do.

Man do I feel lucky that I live in Oregon.

By the way, if you or anyone here ever stop in Oregon do email me. I would be more than willing to let you or anyone shoot my illegal (by California's standards, not Oregon's) gun collection.
                      sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

Originally posted by tanko View Post
                        Springfield XD 40 4", I own one (wearing it right now) and it's served me quite well. It's sad that you can't have the 12 round magazines (and an extra round in the chamber) like I do.

Man do I feel lucky that I live in Oregon.

By the way, if you or anyone here ever stop in Oregon do email me. I would be more than willing to let you or anyone shoot my illegal (by California's standards, not Oregon's) gun collection.
                        yeah Cali sucks! Hopefully one day I make it out that way, almost anywhere outside of cali you can purchase "fun-er" toys.

Comment

I just qualified with my Springfield Armory XD 45. Man thats a sweet piece, and 13 + 1 of 45 acp should help out any situation I am unlucky enough or unfortunate enough to get myself into.

Comment

Originally posted by tanko View Post
                            It's sad that you can't have the 12 round magazines (and an extra round in the chamber) like I do.
                            That is true... But if you can't hit what you need to with the first 2 or 3 the rest isn't going to help ya.

Send all complaints to my supervisors... 1-888-382-5633. Just ask for Stew Pedashol or Idat Gevasheet.

O
                            O
                            o
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by TakRail View Post
                              That is true... But if you can't hit what you need to with the first 2 or 3 the rest isn't going to help ya.
                              It's always better to have more shots than you need than to need more shots than you have.

Comment

Originally posted by TakRail View Post
                                If they're high on Meth, PCP or some other drug, I'll continue to shoot until my gun is empty thank you very much. lol
                                sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X