Fire arms recommendations for security officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire arms recommendations for security officers

I used to work security as an armed security officer and felt comfortable with a Glock19 9mm pistol with a Threat Level 3 holster.
    Some of you might know better.
    If so, what are your recommendations?
    Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight.
    Bedtime at sunrise

There are several other threads that discuss this topic in great length.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

The Glock is a fine pistol. The best gun for the job is the one that feels best to you (everyone's hand is different), is reliable, and one which you can hit your target with. Some people will say that a 9mm is to small, but I certainly do not want to be shot with one, and with good modern hollowpoints, the difference is minimal. Another consideration you may have, depending on where you work, is overpenetration. It shouldn't be a big problem with the 9mm.
      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
        Another consideration you may have, depending on where you work, is overpenetration. It shouldn't be a big problem with the 9mm.
        Actually, over penetration depends more on the type of ammo than it does on caliber. Because ball ammo does not expand upon contact, it is more likely to over penetrate than hollowpoint ammo is.

Comment

I carry a sig sauer P226 DAK in 40s&w it is a fine pistol.

Comment

exactly

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
            Actually, over penetration depends more on the type of ammo than it does on caliber. Because ball ammo does not expand upon contact, it is more likely to over penetrate than hollowpoint ammo is.
            Our company won't even allow ball ammo because of the penetration and working in crowded areas.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X