• Show
Clear All

• The Hussard
    replied
    Nothing beat a good old pea coat in winter

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    LAWPRO anything sucks. Since my company uses Uniformity Inc, they use LAWPRO. My bomber jacket at work is LAWPRO and sucks.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    if youve got the budget go 5.11, their products are worth the money, ill atest to this, DONT BY LAW*PRO or GALLS brand items.. they are cheaply sowen and usually dont last as long as any 5.11 gear i have bought.

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
    Anyone? C'mon, this is Ohio and its cold..lol

I've never worn any myself, however 5.11 do make reversable high-vis jackets, as too does Quatermaster, Fechhimmer, Elbeco and I'm sure I've seen a few made by Galls too.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
    I need a jacket recommendation. I want one that is reversible with reflective on the inside. It has to have firearm access and access to duty belt gear. Any ideas?
    Anyone? C'mon, this is Ohio and its cold..lol

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    I need a jacket recommendation. I want one that is reversible with reflective on the inside. It has to have firearm access and access to duty belt gear. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
    When I had my company I was (wait for it) renting a car in Perth and waiting for the car to be cleaned and washed (I was upgraded) went for a walk past a GOOD SAMMIES shop (like the Salvo's). I spotted some overalls hanging up and looked at them closer realising they were RAN Grey Overalls and were only $15.00 each. I bought about 200 of them shipping them back in my rented car and dyed them in dark blue or black. I shipped 90% of them off to friends with K9 teams, motor bike patrols and vehicle patrol teams as they were all brand new and were cheaper than shirts and BDU pants.

I still have a few uniforms in case I ever get involved with the industry again as a business owner but for now keep right away as there is not the money like there once was.

Dear Sir, I would be forever in debt to you if I was able to purchase one pair of the RAN grey overalls off you. I tried in vain to purchase these from PPC however they simply refused me at each point and turn.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to do business

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    When I had my company I was (wait for it) renting a car in Perth and waiting for the car to be cleaned and washed (I was upgraded) went for a walk past a GOOD SAMMIES shop (like the Salvo's). I spotted some overalls hanging up and looked at them closer realising they were RAN Grey Overalls and were only $15.00 each. I bought about 200 of them shipping them back in my rented car and dyed them in dark blue or black. I shipped 90% of them off to friends with K9 teams, motor bike patrols and vehicle patrol teams as they were all brand new and were cheaper than shirts and BDU pants.

I still have a few uniforms in case I ever get involved with the industry again as a business owner but for now keep right away as there is not the money like there once was.

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    Ok when you become a rich man ................. send me a copy of your book ok ?

Railcorp's NSW Transit Officers are to be re-issued for the 5th time with new uniforms as the original Yakka components were considered too expensive. The are issued with BDU's, short sleeve shirts and the same leather jackets as our police wear - Signal One used to sell these for $600.00 AUD but were in short supply. I got mine from the USA and I got a dozen for $335 AUD each but found sizes to be massive(good for wearing a t-shirt or non ballistic vest underneath to keep warm. I did try it with a Level III vest and found it ok when I got my first one.

T/C's uniforms - the new ones are cheap knock offs, could be DahDahs as they fade so easily and unlike our LAPD like shirts, look like crap after a few hours of wear. Love those shirts and got them for my supervisors and Level 1 sites for uniformed staff. Not cheap but these were very smart looking with the pleats.

T/C's are supposed to be looking at ink blue BDU's or trousers with white shirts and my experience white shirts become dirty when you are dealing with soot, dust and and the like in an environment. The union is going to kick up a stink about this as the dark grey uniforms are considered intimidating and to be honest these are thugs who could not make it to the police force or get a job anywhere else.

T/C's are an absolute joke! I was sent to Sydney for the Cronulla riots. I would on occassions take the train to the location I was posted at for several weeks. I accidentally sliped my ticket into my wallet one day and along came the T/C's. I was asked for my ticket, which was no problem. I then reached for my wallet in my rear pocket and I always wore an extremely large shirt over my white uniform shirt and navy (same as NSW pants) pants. The next thing I know one of them has hold of my arm trying to take me to the ground claiming I was impersonating a Police Officer This idiot had seen my duty belt on underneath as I reached into my back pocket for my wallet, seen my white shirt and for some stupid reason thought I was impersonating a Police Officer

I hit the roof big time! Luckily enough the PPCT training came in handy as I took this clown to the ground whilst his partner stood there and froze. I then informed them I was a licenced Security Officer on my way to work and simply cover up my uniform so members of the public don't think I'm a Security Officer for State Rail. Showed them my current security licence and my vaild ticket. Boy didn't these guys do some grovling I travelled the same line numerous times after that and never once seen either T/C again. I think that had something to do with my complaint to NSW Police

If you ever want the NSW Police leather jackets, polartec jackets, mountain bike polo shirts, peaked caps, same manufacturer of epaulettes, new hi-vis general duties vest, and uniform shirts just let me know. I know all these manufacturers rather well and don't mind helping out. I'm sure I can do better than $600

I use white shirts and navy pants for all my licenced premises. Reason being is you can bleach the blood from the white shirts, unlike the marl blue shirts. White shirts do look crisp and clean but are a nightmare as you've highlighted in high dirt areas.

My normal staff uniform is marl blue NSW Police shirt, school gray pants, navy epaulettes and navy tie. School gray overalls for K9 staff working on construction sites or at large outdoor events ie concerts.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Ok when you become a rich man ................. send me a copy of your book ok ?

Railcorp's NSW Transit Officers are to be re-issued for the 5th time with new uniforms as the original Yakka components were considered too expensive. The are issued with BDU's, short sleeve shirts and the same leather jackets as our police wear - Signal One used to sell these for $600.00 AUD but were in short supply. I got mine from the USA and I got a dozen for $335 AUD each but found sizes to be massive(good for wearing a t-shirt or non ballistic vest underneath to keep warm. I did try it with a Level III vest and found it ok when I got my first one.

T/C's uniforms - the new ones are cheap knock offs, could be DahDahs as they fade so easily and unlike our LAPD like shirts, look like crap after a few hours of wear. Love those shirts and got them for my supervisors and Level 1 sites for uniformed staff. Not cheap but these were very smart looking with the pleats.

T/C's are supposed to be looking at ink blue BDU's or trousers with white shirts and my experience white shirts become dirty when you are dealing with soot, dust and and the like in an environment. The union is going to kick up a stink about this as the dark grey uniforms are considered intimidating and to be honest these are thugs who could not make it to the police force or get a job anywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    K9 - sounds like you have your eyes fixed on comfort, use and above all suitability for the individual too.

DahDah's have first class quality jackets and uniforms and do have cheaper versions as well however for a heavy duty jacket I would also look at those longer coats by Rainbird who also make umbrellas and rain gear. Around the $250.00 AUD mark but lined and water repellent but also have the hood and a comfortable fit. My similar jacket came from the USA and had a large pocket for storing a safety vest and other essentials at the bottom of the jacket without making it too bulky.

The bombjer jackets are useless in winter as they cover nothing and are a cheap version of keeping warm but a fleece lined jacket or vest is going to assist those in and out of the cold often. However the faux fur lined jackets can be an issue when dealing with humid but cool weather as some people tend to sweat too much in them unless you can remove the liner.

Believe it or not, I actually had a major hand in designing the NSW Police raincoat they currently wear nearly 10yrs ago now. Only problem was after we designed it they took the sample and went to a cheaper manufacturer Karma is a funny thing tho, as all the Police complain how they leak

I myself kept a few of the ones that were made by the original manufacturer and I've worn mine in the heaviest cyclonic weather and rain you could imagine for shifts of up to 24hrs. Never once has it leaked or let me down. It's a special breathable material so no mater how hummid it is you don't sweat. Only problemis is tho that as you've probably seen the weapons access points are zippers. It only gives limited space for weapons to be outside the coat. I'm going back to the drawing board on this issue as these days we carry that much stuff on our belts.

Still not happy with the pants on the market, nor uniform shirts. Here we are in this day and age of technology yet we still wear heavy cotton shirts and pants that really don't breath that well, especially in hummudity. The NSW Police and Ambulance shirts are an excellent cut and have excellent wear but they are still hot on hummid days.

Signal One and Motoman pants still fade far to quickly and are just not up to scratch for the money.

Main thing I'm looking for in design is functionality, wear, comfort and price.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    K9 - sounds like you have your eyes fixed on comfort, use and above all suitability for the individual too.

DahDah's have first class quality jackets and uniforms and do have cheaper versions as well however for a heavy duty jacket I would also look at those longer coats by Rainbird who also make umbrellas and rain gear. Around the $250.00 AUD mark but lined and water repellent but also have the hood and a comfortable fit. My similar jacket came from the USA and had a large pocket for storing a safety vest and other essentials at the bottom of the jacket without making it too bulky.

The bombjer jackets are useless in winter as they cover nothing and are a cheap version of keeping warm but a fleece lined jacket or vest is going to assist those in and out of the cold often. However the faux fur lined jackets can be an issue when dealing with humid but cool weather as some people tend to sweat too much in them unless you can remove the liner.

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Careful there! You might suddenly find yourself on the road that Mr. Bianchi did way back in the day..

I could only be that lucky I've always wanted to design my own line of uniforms and duty gear. Next step is designing a decent pair of pants, and wet weather gear.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by K-9 Aussie View Post
    I actually showed a friend in Queensland Police and in just over a week have 10 orders paid for. QPS are navy which is fine. I can see why they have orderd them tho as the QPS jackets are poorly designed and have little warmth.
    Careful there! You might suddenly find yourself on the road that Mr. Bianchi did way back in the day..

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Hmmmm... I think you & this stay-at-home mum are onto something here, looks really nice too!

How much did the end product cost all up?

Thanks

Ended up costing me $135 each. I felt it only fair to pay for her labour etc as she had done such an excellent job. It's not cheap but still cheaper than the Polar Fleece jackets like Victoria, NSW and the AFP wear as thay are $160 minimum, plus mine are warmer and I'd like to think better looking. They also don't attract hair and fluff like the Polar Fleece jackets do, and in particular are very K-9 friendly which is one feature I had in mind when lookin to have the jacket made .

I'm looking to make a few alterations already, for example making the weapons access points even bigger and making them go around to the front zipper further so for those that worked armed can have mag pouches, OC spray canisters etc on the outside where they should be too.

I actually showed a friend in Queensland Police and in just over a week have 10 orders paid for. QPS are navy which is fine. I can see why they have orderd them tho as the QPS jackets are poorly designed and have little warmth.
    Last edited by K-9 Aussie; 01-15-2008, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X