X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Comfort is #1

Have tried alot of boots - wore doc martins for years in the 90's with my suits every day and then tried Merrells but they lasted about 6 months. Then reading a mag one day they road tested the Magnum Hi-techs so I bought a pair brand new and wore them home on a long flight before going into work for another long 14 hour day and then getting home that night realising I had worn them for 29 hours straight but apart from a few sore bits was in good nick - this is from NEW BOOTS too.

Tried SWATS and they were cheap crap for me to avoid (but others like them) but I still wear the Hi-tech stealths now as they are 1/3 lighter than the leather and look smart too. Tried Merrells and they were worn out in 4 months, Brittish Parra boots were great but at $300 US a pair a bit pricey for the average bloke. My Danners were legendary until someone stole them from a site locker 7 months after I got them. At $400 US I will stick with the Magnums and as I wear a suit every day for work will stick with comfort over protocol any day. With a liquid polish they look like everyday shoes.

Leave a comment:

• blocka
    replied
    I wear Converse Rapid Response boots, they have the side zip and a Safety toe made from a polymer so it doesnt set of metal detectors etc. but still good for worksites!

Very Comfy and nice support

Leave a comment:

• CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    replied
    Best Boots

The best boot i found in 12 years I been working security is Ridge Black hawk Ghost Side-Zip 10” Boots. Only on my 2nd pair for only 1 reason. After working hurricane Katina flood water for almost 3 weeks. I was force out by the national guard due lack paper work and smart mouth. (The smart mouth is another story.) Any way back to the boots ended up in my trunk. After two weeks baking in trunk they had green brown and black mold growing on it.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
    See bad boy I have never seen the Nike boots
    Ahh, you're missing out. I was turned on to the Nike boots (Air Max Goadome's), by a county and, a city police officer. I tell you what, once you break them in you can't even tell you're wearing them.

Here's the link for them....http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml#l=ni...US&co=US&la=EN

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    See bad boy I have never seen the Nike boots

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    I am beginning to think, that Nike boots is a Baltimore/Washington area thing. I couldn't go back to any other type of boots.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    If you really want them (or like the look) just get them... you'll soon find out whether they're well suited to you or not, AFAIK Converse make a nice tactical boot too I may try some if/when these current Doc Martens wear out
    I had a pair of the Converse tactical boot. I would advise against them. They are very comfy but it feels like you are wearing a snow boot. There is just way too much padding in the upper and the tounge of the boot. But try them on before you buy them, you might like it.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by fryzie View Post
    is anything wrong with the SWATS? why do you want to replace them?

i just got into this industry and was gonna get SWATS as my first boot.s
    If you really want them (or like the look) just get them... you'll soon find out whether they're well suited to you or not, AFAIK Converse make a nice tactical boot too I may try some if/when these current Doc Martens wear out

Leave a comment:

• alamedaad
    replied
    Bates Tactical Ops. They have fiberglass shin protectors and are super light. I wore the last pair of Bates I had for four years (eight hour plus shifts, five plus days a week) and they still had wear in them when I upgraded to the current pair. About the same price as Danner (mine were $80 and some change from Galls)

Leave a comment:

• fryzie
    replied
    is anything wrong with the SWATS? why do you want to replace them?

i just got into this industry and was gonna get SWATS as my first boot.s

Leave a comment:

• Blade Runner
    replied
    I wear Brazos jungle boots. I get them at Acadamy Sports for about $20 a pop, they're actually quite comfy, and they last me about 1.5 years per pair.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    I have a pair of Knapp safety shoes that have an instep guard that are years old. When carrying logs or like material I put them on.
    In a previous life. one of my partners was laid up for about four weeks when some young misguided youth gave him a karate stomp. The young man's accomplice stomped on my left foot with much different results. One was charged with aggravated battery and a couple of other things. My young misguided youth was charged with attempted aggravated battery and a couple of other things.
    Our instructor at the sheriff's academy pounded into our heads that 50% of the body's bones reside in the feet made an impression. After that experience, his instruction was seared into my brain along with several colleagues.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironskull View Post
    I have to agree. I bought a pair of Danner Acadias in January of 06 while I still worked at the sheriff's department. I now wear them while I work security in the bank. I love them. They are the most comfortable footwear I have ever had.

Jack
    I concur love my danners and for the price of 75.00 bucks can get them resoled when the soles wear down, in stead of buying a new boot, love the goretex bootie, i can storm puddles and not get my feet soping wet

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve354 View Post
    I own a pair of swat boots and would not wear anything else. I have had them for two years and they still look new.

I clean them every day working or not and it takes an hour.:
    I stopped that soon after leaving USMC Boot Camp.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    I've got a set of Hi-Tec Magnums, got them in 12/05 when I started with my company; Not bad for a C note, but they're kinda getting on the dilapitated side now... I showed my Wife where the right one split open on the inside seam of the rubber sole/leather toe part and she was like "Well, I'd take 'em back"... After almost 2 years?

Seems she doesn't quite appreciate the wear and tear the old LPC's endure when you wear them 340 some odd days out of the year in everything weatherwise from 90* to -7* (-7*F that is, ambient air, no wind chill factor) temperatures...

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X