Security Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Boots

So, right now, I wear S.W.A.T. brand tactical boots with a zipper coming up the side. They're quite nice.

Is there an upgrade, or another type of boot that's better for security personnel?

What kind of boots do the rest of you wear?

Danners! You just can't treat your feet any better.

California Security Blog
    Domain Registration Services

Comment

Danners? What are those?

Comment

Danner is a brand name boot. They are on the spendy side so I have never tried them, but everyone I know who has them, loves them. At the moment I am wearing Converse side zip boots and they are quite comfortable, although they are not going to last as long as Danners.
        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

There are a few threads on boots. Here's one:
          http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...ight=boot+wear
          Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
          Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Oh, my bad. Sorry.

You can delete this thread if you want.

Comment

No need to delete. Just wanted to advise that there are numerous previous threads with much info, including my 37 year old LE boots that I still wear.
              Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
              Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Haha.

Your boots are older than I am. Just sayin'

Comment

Bates

I spend around 85% of my patrols actually walking around. My Bates GX-6's are great. Lightweight, good tread for multiple surfaces, including oil and such. Best part is they were only about $75.

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
                    No need to delete. Just wanted to advise that there are numerous previous threads with much info, including my 37 year old LE boots that I still wear.
                    Curtis, I hate to tell our young friend that I still my original issued black brogans from April 1956. They have been resoled several times and laces. The folks back in the federal prison system knew how to make shoes.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by publicsafetyred View Post
                      Danners! You just can't treat your feet any better.
                      I have to agree. I bought a pair of Danner Acadias in January of 06 while I still worked at the sheriff's department. I now wear them while I work security in the bank. I love them. They are the most comfortable footwear I have ever had.

Jack

Comment

I wear the 10 inch high Rocky's boots (paratrooper style )with the zippered sides. I have worn this brand for the past 5 years or so. I recommend "Rocky" brand boots to anyone. If ones feet hurt, you will be uncomfortable the whole tour.

Be safe,

Hank
                        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Nauticus View Post
                          What kind of boots do the rest of you wear?
                          DM's (Doc Martens ~ made in the UK) with an air-cushioned sole, additionally they're oil, water, acid, fat, alkali & petrol resistant... futhermore they've outlasted any/all footwear I've ever owned
                          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Nike boots.... before these I always wore Hi-Tec Magnums. After switching to Nike boots.. I have no desire on going to any other boot. Once you break in Nike boots.. its literally feels like sneakers.
                            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I own a pair of swat boots and would not wear anything else. I have had them for two years and they still look new.

I clean them every day working or not and it takes an hour.:
                              ]

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X