duty ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duty ammo

Would like to know what type ammo you carry?
    I carry Winchester Ranger 9mm 147 GR SXT.

SGT Koolaid

oh ya
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

For my concealed weapon permit I carry Mag safe. They have it in most pistol calibers. It is a little on the expensive side but it is well worth the price when you see what it does to ballistic gelatin. I work at a hospital so I don't carry on duty, but the minute I leave I am armed.

Comment

I work for Jefferson County, AL Security and we are restricted to .38 spl 4in bbl or a 9mm 4in bbl. I carry Win. Ranger 127+P+ Ranger Ts in my SIG P-226.

Considering the Ranger 115grn. +P+ as well

Comment

Currently I carry Remington Golden Sabre 230gr .45 ACP.
        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Federal Premium .40 cal, 165 grain hydra-shok
          "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Federal Premium .40 cal, 165 grain Hollow Point in both duty guns.
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
            http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

American Eagle (made by federal) 9mm FMJ Roundtip (yes i know im getting hydrashocks next paycheck ya know 3 mags at 17 rounds is expensive :P)
              Its not how we die that counts.....
              Its not how we lived that counts....
              all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

In my training I was advised to stay away from the hollow points and such. Kinda surprised as I looked at those as the safer rounds to use. The theory was if you kill someone and have those rounds, they will try and make it look like " what? you wanted to kill this person and not disable them?". I can see the point, after all we are supposed to use the minimum amount of force necessary. On the other hand, if I ever have to shoot someone, I probably won't be to concerned if they live or die.

Comment

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
                  In my training I was advised to stay away from the hollow points and such. Kinda surprised as I looked at those as the safer rounds to use. The theory was if you kill someone and have those rounds, they will try and make it look like " what? you wanted to kill this person and not disable them?". I can see the point, after all we are supposed to use the minimum amount of force necessary. On the other hand, if I ever have to shoot someone, I probably won't be to concerned if they live or die.
                  As a firearms instructor, I have to tell you, that is some flawed logic. Hollow points have less chance of over penetration, an are more effective at stopping the threat, which is the goal when pulling the trigger. If a shoot is good, its good. There won't be a trial to ask you if you intended to kill the person.
                  ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
                    If a shoot is good, its good. There won't be a trial to ask you if you intended to kill the person.
                    Finally, someone else who understands this. If you are forced to draw your weapon and fire, it's likely for a damn good reason. If someone is trying to kill you, you react in kind.
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

You are attempting to stop the threat by reducing the amount of blood pressure to the brain, making them pass out from lack of blood. If they happen, due to this lack of blood pressure due to internal hemorrhaging, to die... That's unfortunate but not intentional.

This is what people mean when they say "stop the threat." If you fire ball ammo, you have to deal with:

Over penetration (Did you just shoot the bystander behind the threat?)
                      Lack of blood loss (The bullet 'just zips through' without creating massive trauma)
                      Bad Guys who 'just don't go down'
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                        You are attempting to stop the threat by reducing the amount of blood pressure to the brain, making them pass out from lack of blood. If they happen, due to this lack of blood pressure due to internal hemorrhaging, to die... That's unfortunate but not intentional.

This is what people mean when they say "stop the threat." If you fire ball ammo, you have to deal with:

Over penetration (Did you just shoot the bystander behind the threat?)
                        Lack of blood loss (The bullet 'just zips through' without creating massive trauma)
                        Bad Guys who 'just don't go down'
                        Nathan, it is for that very reason, when I have to carry the .45 it is loaded with 200 grain jacket hollow point, CCI's Lawman.
                        There are 100 calibers to an inch. In at .45 and expands to .80 caliber or more. A string of three rounds, two center mass and one to the head.
                        Enjoy the day,
                        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
                          As a firearms instructor, I have to tell you, that is some flawed logic. Hollow points have less chance of over penetration, an are more effective at stopping the threat, which is the goal when pulling the trigger. If a shoot is good, its good. There won't be a trial to ask you if you intended to kill the person.
                          IMHO, the best thing to have on the uniform is the ink pen. How you write your report makes all the difference in the world. As Minneapolis stated, it's stopping the "threat", not to kill, etc. Everyone will have their opinions, but it comes down to you going home to bed or in a box.

Most security agencies aren't going to pay for full firearms training, and just give you enough to say you're "trained".
                          "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yes, I can't disagree with you on the basic point of if you have to shoot. But, you won't be sued? Of course you will, no matter how good the shoot. Do it right and you'll win the suit, but you'll always have people questioning it.

Comment

one shot Motorola MT1000

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X