Patrol Shotgun/Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol Shotgun/Rifle

I'm a bit curious here. I know, that some states out there allow us private sector personnel, to be able to have shotguns and/or rifles (I think). So, i'm wondering how many of you actually have either while on duty? Maryland, however is weird and doesn't state anywhere about if you can or cannot possess them.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

In Utah, we can carry anything except .50 cal :P, so Ar-15 is go, shot gun is go too... machine guns are perfectly legal too. :P, but i gont think they would ever be used by a security company.... but anywho... in the relaxed GUN state that utah is ... carry what you want, as long as you quailfy with it.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

I have in close proximatey an 870 Remington (Company) or 1200 Winchester (Mine). In Florida you must qualify, as they call it, Security Shotgun. Goes on your G License.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
        In Utah, we can carry anything except .50 cal :P, so Ar-15 is go, shot gun is go too... machine guns are perfectly legal too. :P, but i gont think they would ever be used by a security company.... but anywho... in the relaxed GUN state that utah is ... carry what you want, as long as you quailfy with it.
        There are a few places here in Maryland, where I would have an AR-15 or shotgun. However, it's just very interesting to me how different states regulate things. Maryland is such a gray area state.
        "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by mh892 View Post
          I have in close proximatey an 870 Remington (Company) or 1200 Winchester (Mine). In Florida you must qualify, as they call it, Security Shotgun. Goes on your G License.
          There's a little known provision in the G course that you can carry any weapon "that the DOACS authorizes." This is how CIS is running around with M4s in addition to their 870s.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I once qualified with a fully automatic canister fed 12-gauge shotgun. What a kick...literally. This was during an ATF course.
            Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
            Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
              I once qualified with a fully automatic canister fed 12-gauge shotgun. What a kick...literally. This was during an ATF course.
              Is it known as 'The Street Sweeper'?

Comment

shotgun & rifles

In the great state of Louisiana. The Louisiana State Board Of Private Security Exminers, allow Security Officers to carry 12 Ga shotgun, AR-15 type rifle.Plus 40 cal, 38 cal ,357 mag with 38 cal loads in it and my fav 9mm
                Then PR-24,PR-24 FX as well as the str8 baton OC spray.
                All but the AR-15 you can carry with reg training as well as qualify at the range.

The AR-15 take's letter from your company stating reason why you need to carry a AR-15 and that type detail that officer will be working.
                Then The Louisiana State Board Of Private Security Exminers reviews the letter if they feel you met there regs.
                They then will send letter to the company and the range that you plan to qualify at, with out the letter to the range the Range Master or Teacher
                won't give you the test or you let try qualify.

Sgt Koolaid

oh ya
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Originally posted by mh892 View Post
                  Is it known as 'The Street Sweeper'?
                  No this was in 1974 and the "Street Sweeper" was not made until the early 80's. It held more rounds, did not have a pistol grip and had a much longer barrel.
                  Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                  Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
                    No this was in 1974 and the "Street Sweeper" was not made until the early 80's. It held more rounds, did not have a pistol grip and had a much longer barrel.

Was it this:

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh29-e.htm

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X