X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
    Nice helmet! Where did you get it with SECURITY on it? We could use SECURITY written on ours.

I simply had a signwritter here in Australia do it for me. Simply reflective blue tape for the band, and reflective silver for the letters. As N.A Corbier says, it is a bit small, but due to the reflectiveness of it, it really does stand out. I was limited for room on this helmet in regards to decals etc.

Davis002:- That's an excellent looking uniform! If only we could obtain such uniforms down here . We have nothing down here at all in regards to bike uniforms. Have you done any courses in bike patrols with organisations like IPMBA? What sort of equipment do you carry on your bikes too?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I don't like K-9 Aussie's helmet for one reason. The words "security" are too small. You can buy clear stickers with SECURITY, POLICE, or SHERIFF on them from catalog shops, such as Galls, Streichers, Quartermaster, etc.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Originally posted by K-9 Aussie View Post
    Here is a photo, below as promised of the bike helmet I wear when on bike duty. It's great for both daytime and low light/night riding due to the reflective parts of the helmet, plus you're quickly identified as Security too.
    Nice helmet! Where did you get it with SECURITY on it? We could use SECURITY written on ours.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied

Last edited by davis002; 09-17-2007, 11:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    Here is a photo, below as promised of the bike helmet I wear when on bike duty. It's great for both daytime and low light/night riding due to the reflective parts of the helmet, plus you're quickly identified as Security too.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• K-9 Aussie
    replied
    I know the issue you're facing well

I have now for some time over here in Australia been a lone "bike patrolman" and it's basically impossible to find anything classy over here.

I did a lot of internet searching and found that Olympic Uniforms really had the goods that were both rider friendly and functional, plus look great.

Take a look here http://www.olyuniforms.com/Shirts.html

I personally like the Olympic Class A Polo Shirt found here http://www.olyuniforms.com/CMCAshirt.html You still have the uniform professional appearance of a normal uniform shirt, but these shirts have the modern technology in the fabric to breath etc, plus still look great.

As for shorts either ones here would be great http://www.olyuniforms.com/Hollyshort.html http://www.olyuniforms.com/Pheshort.html

I have a white helmet here, that has a thin reflective blue strip right around the edge of the helmet, with "security" in reflective silver on top of that going all the way around it too. I'll post a picture up soon for you.

Now in making my comments about the Olympic Uniforms, I order a few shirts and shorts through a shop in the U.S.A. over the internet in early February. Cost me over $230AUD. 6mths later I still haven't received my goods nor even had a reply email from at anytime since they got my money and sent me an email to acknoweledge they had received my money One extremely helpful site member has been helping me tho, but I feel I'll never see the goods nor my money

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    The patches are like the badges with the GAS...oops I mean G4S replacing the chicken. We are starting the transition now. I'm fighting but hell I still wearing my Globe Badge and patches

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    The new G4S logos are being distributed. The badges look as ugly as the last two generations. I was hoping for something a little more main stream. The patches have yet to be seen and I fear that too. This outfit will spend millions on uniform change but nothing on better (modern) equipment and logistics.

G4S. Isn't that a new MAC PC?

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    Bike Patrol uniforms should have refective pipping on them. Can't stress that enough.

Leave a comment:

• S Messina
    replied
    Here are some photos of our Polo uniform shirt with patches. As far as I am aware, here in California, we are required to have our patch on both sleeves of all of our uniforms.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    So you guys are just wearing regular polos? No reflectors or anything on them? These are the ones that our bike unit wears. http://galls.com/jpegs/127821.jpg They also have the pants that can zip off into shorts for the summer.
    Last edited by JSam21; 06-10-2007, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Good idea Nathan!

However, I would still like to see others bike uniforms for future ideas.

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
    Ours was bleh... We had the black BDU pants and a yellow polo that had "Security" in black on the back and on the front it had the "Wackenhut" logo you see on the patches. No badge or nothing.
    Our old polos were like that, had the Chicken then Wackenut. One site I worked had shirts made by the client (residential gated community) and the chicken and Wackenhut on the sleeve. We always wore our badge on our belt.

I made a little stink with the office saying on citizen contacts no one would really know we were security since we wore slick belts and no badge insignia. I started wearing my old duty belt with my handcuff/OC/Radio/Etc... cases on it with my TWC badge clipped to the front just so I was more easily identifiable.
    I'm having that arguement now with the new badges they gave us for the PRO uniform (suit) All they have on them is the G4S logo. Looks like GAS. Noone knows who we are. Most officers have started wearing their badges on the belts. The old badges they had had an image of the Badge on them. The new ones are half their size.

The other bike patrol site we had, I never worked at, but I liked their uniforms. They had the Black BDU and a grey polo that had the TWC badge silk screened on the front and the back said "BIKE PATROL" They also had helmets that said "SECURITY" and "BIKE PATROL" along them.
    At the residential community I was at I convinced the client to obtain helmet covers that said "SECURITY" on them. It was on the beach and you saw lots of people on bikes. It helped set us aside (besides being the only people on bikes with helmets on!)

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Embroidery looks better than patches. Make sure that Ohio law doesn't require the company name (even for in-house), as well.

Personally, I would use polo shirts that said "security" or something else (usually the company name or initials) on the back, and an embroidered badge that said the company name on it (not a generic "security guard/officer" badge) on the front. I would also embroider the employee's name, such as "N. A. Corbier" - it looks more professional and shows the company is investing in its employees.

The badge takes the place of the full blown uniform patch. I dislike full blown uniform patches on polo shirts. Its a casual uniform, not a replacement for the full Class B.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMC Security View Post
    G4S/TWC has polos with our distinctive badge embroidered on them. I only have one of the old styles that don't have it, but I'll try and get you a pic of one. I like it and think it looks good
    Ours was bleh... We had the black BDU pants and a yellow polo that had "Security" in black on the back and on the front it had the "Wackenhut" logo you see on the patches. No badge or nothing.

I made a little stink with the office saying on citizen contacts no one would really know we were security since we wore slick belts and no badge insignia. I started wearing my old duty belt with my handcuff/OC/Radio/Etc... cases on it with my TWC badge clipped to the front just so I was more easily identifiable.

The other bike patrol site we had, I never worked at, but I liked their uniforms. They had the Black BDU and a grey polo that had the TWC badge silk screened on the front and the back said "BIKE PATROL" They also had helmets that said "SECURITY" and "BIKE PATROL" along them.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X