Bike Patrol Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Patrol Uniforms

We have a bike patrol unit at work. The uniform is basically a white polo with BDU pants. The shirt says "SECURITY" in black letters on the back and around the neck. I want to add our patches as they would appear on our dress uniforms so they signify our organization and not some shirt you can buy anywhere. Some are against this. Anyone see anything wrong with this? Anyone have pics of their polos with patches?
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

G4S/TWC has polos with our distinctive badge embroidered on them. I only have one of the old styles that don't have it, but I'll try and get you a pic of one. I like it and think it looks good

Comment

At my previous job, our 'soft/summer' uniform was a grey polo with the embroidered badge on the front, and our company patches on the shoulders. It actually looked really nice, and I prefer that style to having "SECURITY" on the back... Don't have any pictures, however..
      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
      Originally posted by ValleyOne
      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
      Shoulda called in sick.
      Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security View Post
        G4S/TWC has polos with our distinctive badge embroidered on them. I only have one of the old styles that don't have it, but I'll try and get you a pic of one. I like it and think it looks good
        Ours was bleh... We had the black BDU pants and a yellow polo that had "Security" in black on the back and on the front it had the "Wackenhut" logo you see on the patches. No badge or nothing.

I made a little stink with the office saying on citizen contacts no one would really know we were security since we wore slick belts and no badge insignia. I started wearing my old duty belt with my handcuff/OC/Radio/Etc... cases on it with my TWC badge clipped to the front just so I was more easily identifiable.

The other bike patrol site we had, I never worked at, but I liked their uniforms. They had the Black BDU and a grey polo that had the TWC badge silk screened on the front and the back said "BIKE PATROL" They also had helmets that said "SECURITY" and "BIKE PATROL" along them.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Embroidery looks better than patches. Make sure that Ohio law doesn't require the company name (even for in-house), as well.

Personally, I would use polo shirts that said "security" or something else (usually the company name or initials) on the back, and an embroidered badge that said the company name on it (not a generic "security guard/officer" badge) on the front. I would also embroider the employee's name, such as "N. A. Corbier" - it looks more professional and shows the company is investing in its employees.

The badge takes the place of the full blown uniform patch. I dislike full blown uniform patches on polo shirts. Its a casual uniform, not a replacement for the full Class B.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
            Ours was bleh... We had the black BDU pants and a yellow polo that had "Security" in black on the back and on the front it had the "Wackenhut" logo you see on the patches. No badge or nothing.
            Our old polos were like that, had the Chicken then Wackenut. One site I worked had shirts made by the client (residential gated community) and the chicken and Wackenhut on the sleeve. We always wore our badge on our belt.

I made a little stink with the office saying on citizen contacts no one would really know we were security since we wore slick belts and no badge insignia. I started wearing my old duty belt with my handcuff/OC/Radio/Etc... cases on it with my TWC badge clipped to the front just so I was more easily identifiable.
            I'm having that arguement now with the new badges they gave us for the PRO uniform (suit) All they have on them is the G4S logo. Looks like GAS. Noone knows who we are. Most officers have started wearing their badges on the belts. The old badges they had had an image of the Badge on them. The new ones are half their size.

The other bike patrol site we had, I never worked at, but I liked their uniforms. They had the Black BDU and a grey polo that had the TWC badge silk screened on the front and the back said "BIKE PATROL" They also had helmets that said "SECURITY" and "BIKE PATROL" along them.
            At the residential community I was at I convinced the client to obtain helmet covers that said "SECURITY" on them. It was on the beach and you saw lots of people on bikes. It helped set us aside (besides being the only people on bikes with helmets on!)

Comment

Good idea Nathan!

However, I would still like to see others bike uniforms for future ideas.
              "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

So you guys are just wearing regular polos? No reflectors or anything on them? These are the ones that our bike unit wears. http://galls.com/jpegs/127821.jpg They also have the pants that can zip off into shorts for the summer.
                Last edited by JSam21; 06-10-2007, 06:09 PM.
                "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Here are some photos of our Polo uniform shirt with patches. As far as I am aware, here in California, we are required to have our patch on both sleeves of all of our uniforms.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bike Patrol uniforms should have refective pipping on them. Can't stress that enough.
                    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

The new G4S logos are being distributed. The badges look as ugly as the last two generations. I was hoping for something a little more main stream. The patches have yet to be seen and I fear that too. This outfit will spend millions on uniform change but nothing on better (modern) equipment and logistics.

G4S. Isn't that a new MAC PC?
                      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

The patches are like the badges with the GAS...oops I mean G4S replacing the chicken. We are starting the transition now. I'm fighting but hell I still wearing my Globe Badge and patches

Comment

I know the issue you're facing well

I have now for some time over here in Australia been a lone "bike patrolman" and it's basically impossible to find anything classy over here.

I did a lot of internet searching and found that Olympic Uniforms really had the goods that were both rider friendly and functional, plus look great.

Take a look here http://www.olyuniforms.com/Shirts.html

I personally like the Olympic Class A Polo Shirt found here http://www.olyuniforms.com/CMCAshirt.html You still have the uniform professional appearance of a normal uniform shirt, but these shirts have the modern technology in the fabric to breath etc, plus still look great.

As for shorts either ones here would be great http://www.olyuniforms.com/Hollyshort.html http://www.olyuniforms.com/Pheshort.html

I have a white helmet here, that has a thin reflective blue strip right around the edge of the helmet, with "security" in reflective silver on top of that going all the way around it too. I'll post a picture up soon for you.

Now in making my comments about the Olympic Uniforms, I order a few shirts and shorts through a shop in the U.S.A. over the internet in early February. Cost me over $230AUD. 6mths later I still haven't received my goods nor even had a reply email from at anytime since they got my money and sent me an email to acknoweledge they had received my money One extremely helpful site member has been helping me tho, but I feel I'll never see the goods nor my money
                          A well trained dog is worth 10 men!

I can recall my dog, but I can never recall a fired bullet!

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Comment

Here is a photo, below as promised of the bike helmet I wear when on bike duty. It's great for both daytime and low light/night riding due to the reflective parts of the helmet, plus you're quickly identified as Security too.
                            Attached Files
                            A well trained dog is worth 10 men!

I can recall my dog, but I can never recall a fired bullet!

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Comment

Last edited by davis002; 09-17-2007, 11:52 PM.
                              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X