Really crappy look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really crappy look

As I often do I watch cops as much as possible. Last night they were filming in Fresno Cali and I thought I was seeing some form of the comedy cops show.
    These guys must have done something real bad to warrant having to wear the arm patches that they do. It's a white star with Fresno Police as the only thing on it. Come on Fresno where's the pride? A little kid could have designed something better than that.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Are you talking about this?
    Attached Files
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

That patch is probably 100 years old.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
        That patch is probably 100 years old.
        That's what I was about to say. It's a tradition thing.
        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Our city police look like the pig's breakfast. Wrinkled, crummy-fitting BDU's (the $10/pr kind) with boots that look like the first thing they did after putting them on was to jump in the nearest dogpile. Blousing, they never heard of, which they should do if they're going to wear BDU's with boots. Plastic nametags like they give out at a garbage collector's convention. No collar pins, and badges that came out of a Crackerjack box (with apologies to Crackerjacks). And they top it off with baseball caps (I know, I know...I'm the only one here that things they look like Howdy-Doody Time, but I can't help it.) The only thing I can say is that they don't wear the caps backward.

I fully understand uniform costs, but there's also real strategic value in a sharp appearance. These guys walk into a biker bar and you can't tell them from the patrons. I can say, however, that if a fight broke out in the bar and a cop got his shirt and pants ripped up, his badge ripped off and thrown out the door, his name tag fed to him in tiny bites, his boots tossed in the blender and six bikers puked in his hat, the cost for replacement would only be about $14.32.
          Last edited by SecTrainer; 05-30-2007, 09:26 PM.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

think thats bad try yellow.

when i first moved to salt lake city i mistook the police for security at a distance....
            Last edited by UtahProtectionForce; 06-25-2007, 05:49 PM.
            Its not how we die that counts.....
            Its not how we lived that counts....
            all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

I don't think its so much about what you wear as how you wear it. You can wear an Armani tuxedo that's all wrinkled, ill fitting, and has stains on it and look "crappy." On the flip side, if you have a $14. 25 uniform that is washed, ironed, fits properly, and has the gig line lined up, and carry a good posture, you can end up looking rather sharp. I have seen countless LE officers with the local PD (who's uniforms I think are pretty average compared to other local departments) but they have buttons gaping across their stomachs and belts that are sagging because they don't have enough keepers, etc. It's all about the presentation, not the wrapping.
              The law is reason free from passion." -- Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by alamedaad View Post
                I don't think its so much about what you wear as how you wear it.
                Very good point!
                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

No you want sad yet classic...

this is a 1920's Canadian Forced MP badge.
                  The current badge has not changed much aside from the fact that it is now a
                  gold shield with black lettering saying Military police in black lettering.
                  first time I saw one I nearly died

Comment

There is not much in Fresno. So the plain patch is best in describing the city
                    IMPADOVC At the end of the night be the one going home!!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X