Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proximity access control

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Proximity access control

    we have a client a volunteer fire department whos proximity cards are automaticly becoming invalid. has anyone ever had something like this happen?

    would exposure to magnetic interferance cause something like this? i'll look up the brand and get you more information when i hear it, untill then let me know is you've ever delt with a situation like this one.
    Security is more than a job, its preservation for our future.

    Fiber Fence - Perimeter Protection Security Solutions

    Fiber Optic Products

  • #2
    Your post is a Volunteer Fire Department? Does the station get broken into that badly?
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

    Comment


    • #3
      it isnt my post, we suplied the VFD with the access control, and have had to help them reprogram all the passes, but its confusing as to why...
      Security is more than a job, its preservation for our future.

      Fiber Fence - Perimeter Protection Security Solutions

      Fiber Optic Products

      Comment


      • #4
        Interesting, but why would a VFD need such access control systems? I know one that has a 5 digit keypad on the door.
        "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

        Comment


        • #5
          Secure Paradigm works for a company (I believe, or is on retainer and works for a PR or marketing firm) who makes and/or sells physical security and access control systems. Generally called Integrators.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Secure Paradigm works for a company (I believe, or is on retainer and works for a PR or marketing firm) who makes and/or sells physical security and access control systems. Generally called Integrators.
            i guess they wanted to have proximity access for the firehouse, it was there decision we also sold them some cameras, and im not in PR i work for a security company that sells the fiber fence. and im fairly new to the industry so try and be a little bit more kind to me.
            Security is more than a job, its preservation for our future.

            Fiber Fence - Perimeter Protection Security Solutions

            Fiber Optic Products

            Comment


            • #7
              I haven't been mean to you. You will know when I am mean to you.

              Please see my other post on how to successfully use this forum to effectively advertise your products and services for free. Remember, I am not only a moderator, I am a business person who does technical security and provides IT services. I use this forum to effectively network and market my company's services to one of our core markets: private security companies.

              Also, if you are in a management position, please have someone contact my company about your website. I see mistakes. Mistakes that your clients will also see. Mistakes that should be fixed.

              I won't even mention that if you're paying 20 bucks a month for hosting, you're firm is getting ripped off. I'll just mention the mistakes, and that my firm can work with you to fix those mistakes and save money on your web presence while maintaining or increasing the effectiveness of your internet presence solution.

              Anyone notice how I just slipped a sales pitch into that, but it isn't pure ad copy?
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

              "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

              Comment


              • #8
                nice promotion there kid, but i dont think there is anything you can tell me about my website that is "wrong"
                Security is more than a job, its preservation for our future.

                Fiber Fence - Perimeter Protection Security Solutions

                Fiber Optic Products

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Secure Permagrin
                  nice promotion there kid, but i dont think there is anything you can tell me about my website that is "wrong"
                  Don't worry. Your potential clients will notice such mistakes. They always do.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

                  "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    Don't worry. Your potential clients will notice such mistakes. They always do.
                    Lets not even talk about the fact your microsoft hosted shared web server is probably costing you three times as much as my Linux based web hosting costs, and provides a higher ROI due to support options (I bother to support clients), as well as more features, such as the ability to run open source software.

                    People who pay 20 bucks a month for hosting either need a very powerful shared hosting package, or are usually overpaying by at least 10 dollars.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

                    "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                      I haven't been mean to you. You will know when I am mean to you.

                      Please see my other post on how to successfully use this forum to effectively advertise your products and services for free. Remember, I am not only a moderator, I am a business person who does technical security and provides IT services. I use this forum to effectively network and market my company's services to one of our core markets: private security companies.

                      Also, if you are in a management position, please have someone contact my company about your website. I see mistakes. Mistakes that your clients will also see. Mistakes that should be fixed.

                      I won't even mention that if you're paying 20 bucks a month for hosting, you're firm is getting ripped off. I'll just mention the mistakes, and that my firm can work with you to fix those mistakes and save money on your web presence while maintaining or increasing the effectiveness of your internet presence solution.

                      Anyone notice how I just slipped a sales pitch into that, but it isn't pure ad copy?
                      Nathan, if this gentleman were at the top of his game, he would know all about proximity phenomenology and the various studies one must conduct prior to making any attempt to install such a system. A study of radiative as well as conductive interference would be helpful in additon to know where high power emitters were located along with radiative power as well as frequency spectrum. Propagation studies published by the FCC would also prove useful.
                      I don't think our young friend took Geoff's hint to post elsewhere. He might be advertising his wares.
                      Enjoy the day,
                      Bill

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Now that was the best information i heard yet regarding thihs problem, it may end up leading me to the solution.

                        Thank you bill.

                        Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                        Nathan, if this gentleman were at the top of his game, he would know all about proximity phenomenology and the various studies one must conduct prior to making any attempt to install such a system. A study of radiative as well as conductive interference would be helpful in additon to know where high power emitters were located along with radiative power as well as frequency spectrum. Propagation studies published by the FCC would also prove useful.
                        I don't think our young friend took Geoff's hint to post elsewhere. He might be advertising his wares.
                        Enjoy the day,
                        Bill
                        Security is more than a job, its preservation for our future.

                        Fiber Fence - Perimeter Protection Security Solutions

                        Fiber Optic Products

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                          Nathan, if this gentleman were at the top of his game, he would know all about proximity phenomenology and the various studies one must conduct prior to making any attempt to install such a system. A study of radiative as well as conductive interference would be helpful in additon to know where high power emitters were located along with radiative power as well as frequency spectrum. Propagation studies published by the FCC would also prove useful.
                          I don't think our young friend took Geoff's hint to post elsewhere. He might be advertising his wares.
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill
                          Bill, considering the little fits he's having in my private mail box, which I got to pull out CAN-SPAM for unsolicited commercial messages, I don't think he is at the top of his game. I'm done with him.

                          Especially since 90% of what he posts IS spam. Unsolicited commercial messages which are not confined to the vendor forum.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

                          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                          Comment

                          Leaderboard

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X