X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by ozsecuritychic View Post
    I use napisan on my shirts and start asking the boss at least 2 months before I really need new shirts.
    They claim that constant use of napisan destroys clothing... have you found this?

Leave a comment:

• ozsecuritychic
    replied
    I have to wear white shirts with blue company name, black Epaulettes with blue writting, black tie and black dress pants with black boots.
    I use nappisan on my shirts and start asking the boss at least 2 months before I really need new shirts. We can claim our cleaning on tax in Australia and things like boot polish ect.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Got to say that i do not care for the NJ Statie uniforms at all. The yellow pizza slice things on the lapels look very dorkie and the hat badge and arm shield look home made. Also noticed that the LAPD cops on cops have no arm shields on either arm. Just an American flag.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chucky; 08-10-2007, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    I wrote a letter to the Corporate Director of Security about cost saving measures months ago. Changing uniform colors was one of them. Never heard back after having my (now former) Security Manager submitting the letter and I following it up with an email.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Military:
    18 YOA upon enlistment date. (Sooner for Delayed Enlistment Program)
    GED or High School Diploma (Some states call GED a HSED)
    No felony convictions

Police in most states:
    60 College Credit Hours
    18 to 21 YOA upon application date
    No felonies, no convictions related to public safety.

Leave a comment:

• The Hussard
    replied
    im not sure but in most us state the processus for the police is like military.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    I don't know about the US but here the education standards for a police officer are way tougher than for someone joining the military.

Leave a comment:

• Hightower207505
    replied
    White Uniforms

Everyone is right about the white uniforms. I have to constantly have my Director get new white uniforms because they get extremely dirty. Several times several supervisors including myself have suggested switching to a Gray uniform. I think it is practical because most of the stains we get are gray in color either from sweat stains or dirt or pen marks. But the higher up people say that it is less visible. which i think is somewhat true but mostly BS because in a crowd of 20,000 people in a mall you can still pick out the Security Officer white uniforms or not.

Leave a comment:

• The Hussard
    replied
    in quebec a lot of cop dont look like cop i prefer state trooper in us they look sharp and very professional. my favorite is New York and New Jersey

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Most police agencies are para-military. I'd say 80 if not 90% of police officers are former military
    Anything to support this? Not being an ass, just wondering. I've met plenty who aren't.

You won't wear military cover, but you'll wear military pants?
    My job almost requires them. Aside from the absolute discomfort I find in the other option, they tend to be more durable. I won't even start on wearin the USMC covers.

Interesting, very interesting. I'm not a huge fan of campaign hat's, however they are pretty damn sharp looking
    I'm just curious why people think they look good. I have never heard anything less than ridicule about them. Except from the guards who have to wear them.
    Last edited by doulos Christou; 08-09-2007, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    We wear the campaign hat with our Class "A" uniforms as well as funerals because I am a member of our honor guard. And, I think I look pretty darn good in it too....

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Having a lot more respct for the military than for the average punk cop
    Most police agencies are para-military. I'd say 80 if not 90% of police officers are former military. The Maryland State Police pride themselves after the Marines, which is why their uniforms are the colors they are.

I tend to wear BDU's
    You won't wear military cover, but you'll wear military pants?

Also, the campaign hats just make you look foolish and anyone who looks at you can't help but laugh
    Interesting, very interesting. I'm not a huge fan of campaign hat's, however they are pretty damn sharp looking.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Covers

Having a lot more respct for the military than for the average punk cop, it certainly doesn't hurt my feeling to wear a rip-off police hat. I would never wear a cover that the military, especially the Marines, have earned the right to wear. Also, the campaign hats just make you look foolish and anyone who looks at you can't help but laugh. I only wear the baseball cap because I tend to wear BDU's (I don't care for ultra-hot polyester pants in Texas summers) and it looks a bit better that way. Also, I shave my head so I really prefer a hat during the summer day shifts.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
    What is it with mall security and white uniforms? Its this way in most malls I have been to (including my own) and they look awful. I only have 3 shirts (paid for them out of my own pocket since most of ours look grey or awful). After 1 or 2 days, they look like I came out of a factory or something. How do they expect us to look professional? Is there anything I can do?

White is used for high visibility. White is less intimdating/threatening and give the impression of approachability (That a word?). White is not a good color for me.....Black is more slimming LOL!

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
    the paramedic in quebec province wear white shirt with all the body fluid they can receive on their shirt
    That's probably a good thing, if the shirts were dark they would not see it. They also have firecoats & pants (bunker grear) that they can wear at accident scenes etc.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X