No announcement yet.

White uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most police agencies are para-military. I'd say 80 if not 90% of police officers are former military
    Anything to support this? Not being an ass, just wondering. I've met plenty who aren't.

You won't wear military cover, but you'll wear military pants?
    My job almost requires them. Aside from the absolute discomfort I find in the other option, they tend to be more durable. I won't even start on wearin the USMC covers.

Interesting, very interesting. I'm not a huge fan of campaign hat's, however they are pretty damn sharp looking
    I'm just curious why people think they look good. I have never heard anything less than ridicule about them. Except from the guards who have to wear them.
    Last edited by ; 08-09-2007, 07:17 PM.

Comment

in quebec a lot of cop dont look like cop i prefer state trooper in us they look sharp and very professional. my favorite is New York and New Jersey

Comment

White Uniforms

Everyone is right about the white uniforms. I have to constantly have my Director get new white uniforms because they get extremely dirty. Several times several supervisors including myself have suggested switching to a Gray uniform. I think it is practical because most of the stains we get are gray in color either from sweat stains or dirt or pen marks. But the higher up people say that it is less visible. which i think is somewhat true but mostly BS because in a crowd of 20,000 people in a mall you can still pick out the Security Officer white uniforms or not.

Comment

I don't know about the US but here the education standards for a police officer are way tougher than for someone joining the military.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

im not sure but in most us state the processus for the police is like military.

Comment

Military:
              18 YOA upon enlistment date. (Sooner for Delayed Enlistment Program)
              GED or High School Diploma (Some states call GED a HSED)
              No felony convictions

Police in most states:
              60 College Credit Hours
              18 to 21 YOA upon application date
              No felonies, no convictions related to public safety.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I wrote a letter to the Corporate Director of Security about cost saving measures months ago. Changing uniform colors was one of them. Never heard back after having my (now former) Security Manager submitting the letter and I following it up with an email.
                "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Got to say that i do not care for the NJ Statie uniforms at all. The yellow pizza slice things on the lapels look very dorkie and the hat badge and arm shield look home made. Also noticed that the LAPD cops on cops have no arm shields on either arm. Just an American flag.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Chucky; 08-11-2007, 12:38 AM.
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                  http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

I have to wear white shirts with blue company name, black Epaulettes with blue writting, black tie and black dress pants with black boots.
                    I use nappisan on my shirts and start asking the boss at least 2 months before I really need new shirts. We can claim our cleaning on tax in Australia and things like boot polish ect.

Comment

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic View Post
                      I use napisan on my shirts and start asking the boss at least 2 months before I really need new shirts.
                      They claim that constant use of napisan destroys clothing... have you found this?
                      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X