White uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BHR Lawson
    Hm, it's probably something they dont think about, out of all the police departments Ive ever been in, I cannot recall a single one of them having a stock of hardhats anywhere.
    I don't think the issue had been raised before. Our city had a little fund-raiser and got some for our PD. Don't think it cost them more than $500.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

White?

I can't help but think of the movie "A FEW GOOD MEN", that line when Jack says
      to Tom: You stand there in that Fa#go*y WHITE uniform and show me some
      Fuc#ing respect! While white may represent purity, it also has certain impressions on some people that I would not want functioning as an armed
      guard. Our uniforms are black when I work in uniform, dark gray with black
      trim for short sleeve summer. Plus, as you say, white is a pain to keep looking
      neat.

Comment

How many folks would think they are delivering milk?
        Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

Keep a Tide to go pen with you at work. They work really good. I've spilled kool-aide to coffee on my shirt plus all of the dust and dirt spots from brushing up against something. The Tide pen has always removed the stain.

Comment

white shirt for security or LEO = Retarded management

Comment

I'm understanding the reason more and more now. I'm not really security. I'm more like a walmart greeter. I'm not expected to do anything that would get my uniform dirty.

Comment

Women in white

My mall wears navy pants and white shirts. I have one thing to add to this post and I'll make it simple . . . the real victims of the white uniform shirts are women who are naturally more *endowed* than men and, therefore, more likely to make embarassing messes all over their fronts. I wish my mall would go to navy or at least a charcoal grey, but management hinges on the same issue that's already been brought up . . . visibility.
                The law is reason free from passion." -- Aristotle

Comment

All I know is, white is the worst color you can wear in a hospital. Nothing scares other patients into the thought of, "Um, do I really want to be here?" like a security guard with a white and red camoflage uniform shirt...
                  Last edited by sgtnewby; 06-10-2007, 06:52 PM.
                  Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

I work for Allied-Barton, and our uniforms are white. The current post I'm at is a manufacturing plant for oilwell supplies, and it's a royal pain in the ass to keep these shirts clean. In settings such as the one I'm at, darker would be better, preferebly black. Our pants are just plain black trousers, but I occasionally supplement them for black BDU trousers, tucked into my boots SWAT style.
                    I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

the paramedic in quebec province wear white shirt with all the body fluid they can receive on their shirt

Comment

Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
                        the paramedic in quebec province wear white shirt with all the body fluid they can receive on their shirt
                        That's probably a good thing, if the shirts were dark they would not see it. They also have firecoats & pants (bunker grear) that they can wear at accident scenes etc.
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
                          What is it with mall security and white uniforms? Its this way in most malls I have been to (including my own) and they look awful. I only have 3 shirts (paid for them out of my own pocket since most of ours look grey or awful). After 1 or 2 days, they look like I came out of a factory or something. How do they expect us to look professional? Is there anything I can do?

White is used for high visibility. White is less intimdating/threatening and give the impression of approachability (That a word?). White is not a good color for me.....Black is more slimming LOL!

Be safe,

Hank
                          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Covers

Having a lot more respct for the military than for the average punk cop, it certainly doesn't hurt my feeling to wear a rip-off police hat. I would never wear a cover that the military, especially the Marines, have earned the right to wear. Also, the campaign hats just make you look foolish and anyone who looks at you can't help but laugh. I only wear the baseball cap because I tend to wear BDU's (I don't care for ultra-hot polyester pants in Texas summers) and it looks a bit better that way. Also, I shave my head so I really prefer a hat during the summer day shifts.

Comment

Having a lot more respct for the military than for the average punk cop
                              Most police agencies are para-military. I'd say 80 if not 90% of police officers are former military. The Maryland State Police pride themselves after the Marines, which is why their uniforms are the colors they are.

I tend to wear BDU's
                              You won't wear military cover, but you'll wear military pants?

Also, the campaign hats just make you look foolish and anyone who looks at you can't help but laugh
                              Interesting, very interesting. I'm not a huge fan of campaign hat's, however they are pretty damn sharp looking.
                              "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We wear the campaign hat with our Class "A" uniforms as well as funerals because I am a member of our honor guard. And, I think I look pretty darn good in it too....

Be safe,

Hank
                                " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X