SureFire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SureFire

Has anyone ever shopped from the SureFire web site? I was thinking of ordering some things off of there and was wondering what the level of service they provide from the site. Ontime delivery, return if damage, and all that kind of customer service stuff.

Originally posted by mag
    Has anyone ever shopped from the SureFire web site? I was thinking of ordering some things off of there and was wondering what the level of service they provide from the site. Ontime delivery, return if damage, and all that kind of customer service stuff.
    I've bought two twelve-packs of 123 batteries and a lamp assembly from them in the past, no problems whatsoever. Good packaging, quick shipping, and lots of coupon codes available from a Google search.

Comment

IMHO, as far as these lights go you can't go wrong. I know they are not full sized Mags, are Streamlights, but they are excellent back up, or primary lights.

I've had my 8NX for almost 5 years and the only time I had to replace anything was the bulb assembly. I wasn't used to giving rechargable batt.'s a little breather from the charger and it over powered the bulb and POP-I have a bezel full of neat little shards of glass. I called SureFire up and they explained what I did wrong in a way that didn't make feel stupid. They sent out a replacement at no charge to me. *thumbs up*

By now I should look into new batteries or a replacement light. The only thing I dont like about my light is that to keep it on constantly I have to twist the head. Kinda hard when you have a weapon in the other hand.
      ~Super Ninja Sniper~
      Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

I stopped carrying flashlights that use lithium batteries, U found that they diey without warning, just when you need them. Working semi-plain clothed I need a small light. Working indoors I found that the new led Mini Mags are great.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

That's actually a feature, not a bug. Lithium batteries have a steep power curve, it goes from "100% to 0%" very quickly at the end of the battery life. They market this so as you'll always have full power till the end.

Another thing that sucks about Lithiums is they'll freeze. I put two lithiums in my little flashlight a few years ago, and two hours later it was dead. Culprit? 20 degree weather. The batteries, I was told, froze.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I....carried my Surefire G2Z on patrol in Barrow AK, in temps ranging from 30*+ to -62*, and never had it freeze up. The Streamlight Stinger (the rechargeable one with the stupid rubber grip?) quit working during a traffic stop at around -40*; I finished the stop with the Surefire.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
              I....carried my Surefire G2Z on patrol in Barrow AK, in temps ranging from 30*+ to -62*, and never had it freeze up. The Streamlight Stinger (the rechargeable one with the stupid rubber grip?) quit working during a traffic stop at around -40*; I finished the stop with the Surefire.
              I'm wondering if it was the Brinkman light that had something to do with it. The Streamlight is NiCad, I believe. Surprised it lasted that low in the first place.

When I popped fresh batteries into the light, it started up again. The frozen batteries wouldn't power anything.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X