X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locknid
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Check other vendors before Galls. Galls is one of the most expensive companies for "Galls Brand" or "Private Label" equipment out there.

true but their brand vests are still extremely cheap compared to equivalant vests of name brands. also point blank sells their vests to several other companies like galls and when doing my research I found them to be priced about the same.

another thing to think about is the ballestic material used to make a vest. all these new things like gold-flex etc have been criticized by private users for a couple reasons. Although they pass the newest NIJ standards most don't go beyond that, including multiple point blank shots. also I have heard of more curling issues with laminants such as gold-flex then with kevlar. Also heard of heat issues where the vest will become degraded if left in hot temps for long periods of time more so than kevlar. but it is hard to find a nice light vest made of entirely kevlar. I have not experienced any curling issues myself and I can't complain about the lightness and flexability of laminants

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Check other vendors before Galls. Galls is one of the most expensive companies for "Galls Brand" or "Private Label" equipment out there.

Leave a comment:

• gonzo1510
    replied
    I was doing some research and found that Armor Holdings own Safariland as well as ABA and others, so at the end of the day you are pretty much buying from the same company....

As far as the Galls vest, I think that would be a good way to go if you have a budget issue...

Leave a comment:

• locknid
    replied
    Xtreme body armor by ABA is good, safariland matrix, point blank, p.a.c.a. are all good brands.

a good deal are the galls brand vests. they are just point blank vests with the galls name stamped on. if you go that route you will be able to get more features for less money. I personally have the extended coverage lite IIA vest and have a soft insert in the front. they are thin, light, and have good coverage on the sites. after tax and shipping it was around 280.00

I know a lot of people swear by the xtreme by ABA but the better models will be outside of your price range. just make sure it meets the newest standards.

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    I ordered and am awaiting to recieve my Point Blank Hi-lite vest. I think it cost me 525 for the vest and an extra carrier. You can get this vest onlone from www.Officerstore.com. Or i can give you some local places if you PM me.

Leave a comment:

• gonzo1510
    replied
    go to quartermasters uniforms at www.qmuniforms.com

they have body armor at reasonable prices.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
    im looking to get a vest i have never worn one. but am wanting to buy one with in the next 60-90 days, there about, i want to spend no more than 700.00 dont want to buy used... i dont want to buy second chance either... i was thinking of buying matrix or paca.... any suggestions anyone ? on a nice vest ?
    I wear Safariland Matrix... It's a quality vest with a mid-range price, and I would recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by ff000525
    After checking the website, I must correct myself. The makers of Dragonskin do make a concealable vest, which looks pretty nice. Haven't gotten to the videos yet, but looks interesting.
    My LEO friend used a password and was able to access the law enforcement restricted portion of their site. ff000525, that is some amazing stuff.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• ff000525
    replied
    After checking the website, I must correct myself. The makers of Dragonskin do make a concealable vest, which looks pretty nice. Haven't gotten to the videos yet, but looks interesting.

Leave a comment:

• ff000525
    replied
    Dragonskin would be great, but I'm not sure if their vests are very concealable as of yet. I did read about a contractor in Iraq who took 2 or 3 7.62 hits while wearing Dragonskin and didn't even know it. I'm partial to Safariland Zero-G vests, right now I wear a Gold Level II Zero G with a Second Chance T-30 5x8 plate in the front. I haven't ever worn a Matrix, but I'm sure it's just as good as a Zero-G and well worth the money spent. I had a ABA Xtreme, but I didn't like how it fit, the shoulder straps were kind of long and not adjustable. With Safariland all their straps are adjustable (at least in the Zero-G or Matrix versions) which helps when trying to figure out how you want the vest to fit you. If I didn't have the T-30 plate in the front, I probably wouldn't even remember I was wearing a vest. Also, depending how much you want to spent, Safariland just came out with a new vest for '07, the Mantis, which looks really comfortable and provides a lot of coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    im looking to get a vest i have never worn one. but am wanting to buy one with in the next 60-90 days, there about, i want to spend no more than 700.00 dont want to buy used... i dont want to buy second chance either... i was thinking of buying matrix or paca.... any suggestions anyone ? on a nice vest ?
    I suggest you visit dragonskin.com they have some very interesting vests. I saw a video with a policeman friend of mine wherein a frag grenade was placed under a mannequin. The fragments did not penetrate the mannequin. In a similar fashion, the vest will absorb multiple rounds of and 5.56mm and 7.62mm rounds. US Military has had it under study for more than a year and has yet to accept it. Several fathers bought the vests and sent them to their sons and the US military, according to one source, was most unhappy with the interference of normal military supply items.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Keep in mind when you order your vest, that you order it with the specifications of the firearm that you carry (thats if you carry). Safariland makes a pretty decent vest, as well as Point Blank.

I LOVE a vest in the winter time, and in the summer can't stand them.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    started a topic vests

vests

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X